Notices

Sugar Addiction Recovery Thread Part 3

Old 07-30-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
Good morning all. Checking in for a week of safe eating.

Feeling good and well in myself. Stress is bouncing off me. Calmness feels strong and steady within me.

AH doing what very ill alkies do, but has not affected me. I can observe and step away in detached way. Enmeshment seems to have gone. Codie behaviours too. This was one of my biggest issues.

I have no feeling of being a victim, I know I am responsible for my choices and my responses to others and their behavoiurs. This feels good.

A nice stretching gym class first thing then my plans are open for the day.

Been enjoying talks on You Tube about reprograming our mind and thoughts. Updating old thoughts with new ones. Very doable.

Regarding above interesting posts about body image. I am at place where I like what I see in the mirror. Has taken me decades to get here but I do now. I see an attractive happy lady in good shape in the mirror. I also see a good soul shining through. A kind person in there. A gentle one too. One who has boundaries.

Wishing us all a good day.
Hi PW,
I love those types of videos- do you mind sharing who you are watching? And have you ever heard of Dr. Joe Dispenza? He is my favorite when it comes to neuroplasticity and brain rewiring! You might enjoy him as well.

It is a beautiful thing when we get to the place where we can love what we see in the mirror. You give me hope! I know I am slowly getting there myself and much better than I was even last year. And the best part is seeing that sweet soul shine through...how beautiful
Very happy for you.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Feeling good but tired again! Worked my 2nd day and I am going to have 3rd shift in a row, from 9-5 today. I cannot wait to rest tomorrow. Today I will be training on the register which is new for me. I am trying to be excited about it but quite honestly it does not sound like a lot of fun except for the fact that I get to interact with a lot of people (should be slow today though.)

It feels good to be binge free again- I did eat a small cottage cheese after work last night which is later than I usually eat (8:45) but my body was hungry so I listened .

It's 6:36 am and I need to get in the shower and get ready, then pack my lunch pretty soon here. I am definitely tired from getting to bed around 9:30 and then my son woke me up at 2 and asked me to come lie down with him.

Ok, off to get ready. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-30-2018, 04:02 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Hi PW,
I love those types of videos- do you mind sharing who you are watching? And have you ever heard of Dr. Joe Dispenza? He is my favorite when it comes to neuroplasticity and brain rewiring! You might enjoy him as well.

It is a beautiful thing when we get to the place where we can love what we see in the mirror. You give me hope! I know I am slowly getting there myself and much better than I was even last year. And the best part is seeing that sweet soul shine through...how beautiful
Very happy for you.
Haha, that is the chap I have been listening too! I think he is very good. Explains it very clearly.

Thank you about how I feel about myself now. Has taken a long time but was worth the wait.

Have a good day, SunFlowerLife. Love Lee xx
Old 07-30-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
Night night all, survived a close encounter with pushy woman trying to get me to take home the remains of chocolate ganache desert with baileys. I honestly didn't want the sugar. Too tired to make sense tonight. Love and prayers.
The remains? With baileys?
Be careful honey.....people can throw a ton of alcohol is desserts.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hooray! Another day of safe eating completed. I might have an apple before bed but other than that no more eating needs to happen or be worried about. I pray with every fibre of my poor old misused body that I never and I mean NEVER go back along that path again. I am free. I think I might have clearer eyes today. I don't feel instantly weller though and I'm a bit disappointed about that.

(Don't you worry about me darling Venus. I did not eat / drink the pudding with alcohol. I was not even tempted. I've been pushy like that woman was in the past, especially if I wanted an excuse to drink. Thank goodness I can see it from the other side now. You are a very caring lady my darling V. I love you. )
Old 07-30-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Dearest Sunny, thinking of you working long hours and with the toddler keeping you awake. It will be a struggle to get used to for a while maybe. Please take the best care of your precious self
Old 07-30-2018, 10:48 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Checking in this quiet morning for a day of safe eating. Am at home today doing housework and chores. Got a delivery coming too. All is well with me.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Had good day. Enjoyed my safe food very much.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

That's so good love.
Off to be soon.....busy day and need more sleep.
My food has been good for a few days....interesting....I didn't do it on purpose per se, yet I notice how much better I cope with everything when I am eating the way I need to. ♥♥
Old 07-31-2018, 10:50 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24 hours of safe eating.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:57 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Hope you don't mind if I join this thread.
I've had a terrible time with food over the years (it's not been food that's the problem .…. it's been the evening wine intake), I've tried every diet under the sun and could never lose weight. This being because along with the diet, I was chugging back the wine......then after a few days of being on the diet, I would end up starving and could easily eat 5000 cals a day ……

Terrible awful cycle to be in.

I see everyone mentioning their "safe foods", what are those (if you don't mind me asking).

On day 4 here and hoping to start to get a good balance of food and exercise going.
I've done a HIIT class the past 2 days and went on the running machine last night for 30 mins.

xx
Old 08-01-2018, 02:05 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Hi everyone,
Hope you don't mind if I join this thread.
I've had a terrible time with food over the years (it's not been food that's the problem .…. it's been the evening wine intake), I've tried every diet under the sun and could never lose weight. This being because along with the diet, I was chugging back the wine......then after a few days of being on the diet, I would end up starving and could easily eat 5000 cals a day ……

Terrible awful cycle to be in.

I see everyone mentioning their "safe foods", what are those (if you don't mind me asking).

On day 4 here and hoping to start to get a good balance of food and exercise going.
I've done a HIIT class the past 2 days and went on the running machine last night for 30 mins.

xx
Warm welcome to you Shenzy, glad to have you join us.

Safe foods are the foods that do not trigger binge eating. That don't start that horrible craving off that takes over our minds and bodies.

They vary in different people.

My safe foods are meats, poultry, eggs, fish, cheese, milk, all veg, all fruit, wholemeal bread, potatoes. Water, tea, coffee. At present, they do change from time to time.

What sets my compulsive overeating off is sugar, processed foods, overly large meals (even of safe foods).

I find if I stick to my safe foods, I can comfortable not binge eat. Once I have some sugar, all bets are off, my body goes into binge mode.

Hope that helps. I expect other people will add to this post.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:26 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
Warm welcome to you Shenzy, glad to have you join us.

Safe foods are the foods that do not trigger binge eating. That don't start that horrible craving off that takes over our minds and bodies.

They vary in different people.

My safe foods are meats, poultry, eggs, fish, cheese, milk, all veg, all fruit, wholemeal bread, potatoes. Water, tea, coffee. At present, they do change from time to time.

What sets my compulsive overeating off is sugar, processed foods, overly large meals (even of safe foods).

I find if I stick to my safe foods, I can comfortable not binge eat. Once I have some sugar, all bets are off, my body goes into binge mode.

Hope that helps. I expect other people will add to this post.
Thank you so much Peaceful,
I definitely fall here, more so after a night on the wine ….. nothing can help the next day - not even 5000 cals worth of food.
I will be taking more note of what I eat and what is a trigger.....

What an amazing thread and amazing people you all are, I'm so grateful to be part of this.

xxx
Old 08-01-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I am very similar to PW Shenzy love.....except it is sourdough and rye bread for me and I can't eat a lot of fruit....but I love berries. We always have blueberries, raspberries and strawberries here.

I do eat chocolate sometimes, but I eat two pieces like I did last night. As in two little squares....it is all I ever need or want now.

Sending massive love to Sunny today.....

Old 08-01-2018, 10:31 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Checking in for a healthy day.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Not doing so well over here.
There is this predictable cycle that happens every year when my family leaves for Greece (both my parents and my sister and her family) and each time I start a new job. It's the transition that gets me from the job and the loneliness and sense of abandonment I feel when my family leaves. They aren't doing anything wrong to go on vacation (for 5 weeks) but my soul suffers every time and I cannot for the life of me figure out why this hurts me so much.

On top of that my husband and I aren't getting along- he slept in the guest room for the first time last night. Even though years of fighting he has never done this (although we agreed to it.) It felt nice having my space in the bed since I really don't like sharing it but of course this doesn't seem right. I am confused- I don't know what we are doing. And I am extremely foggy from the sugar I've had these last 2 days in a row. I'm as food hungover as it gets and my behavior yesterday and the day before was no different than when I was drinking- the ditching of my plans to eat, the focused shopping, the isolation and compulsion around the eating and finally the altering of my mood- it's just sick.

I'm torn apart.
I feel so lonely and lost.
I am in tears.

But I know I will get through this somehow.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Kind thoughts to you, Sunflowerlife
Old 08-02-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Kind thoughts to you, Sunflowerlife
Thanks Caramel...
Old 08-02-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Sorry you are suffering so much, SunFlowerLife.

I relate to what you share. Sending hugs and strength to you. Love Lee xx
Old 08-02-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Ditto.....and more love honey. ♥♥♥