Old 07-26-2018, 05:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Old 07-26-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wishing you a very happy and calm birthday, SunFlowerLife. Love Lee xx
Old 07-26-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday SFL.

It is absolutely wonderful and a gift form God to wake up abstinent after a birthday, a wedding, a funeral, a hard day at work, or any other event or annoyance. I am so very grateful for sobriety and abstinence.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Happy Birthday Sunny. You Party Girl you !!!! I hope you have such fun.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Gratefully closing on a lovely day of safe eating.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Ringo123 View Post
It is absolutely wonderful and a gift form God to wake up abstinent after a birthday, a wedding, a funeral, a hard day at work, or any other event or annoyance. I am so very grateful for sobriety and abstinence.
Thanks for this reminder. I am just hanging on tonight on a wing and a prayer because my PMS is really bad, and all I want to do is fix myself.

I know I can't use booze but I keep thinking: oh well it's impossible to feel this bad and live, so I'll just eat cake tonight and maybe tomorrow till the worst is over and then stop again. It's just that if this is an addiction, I won't be able to stop, and I have 25 days free now and Lord knows I don't want to go back there. If I stick at it, I feel sure my PMS will go away, or at least be easier to cope with. I swear death is preferable to PMS :wail: bedtime soon
Old 07-26-2018, 09:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
Thanks for this reminder. I am just hanging on tonight on a wing and a prayer because my PMS is really bad, and all I want to do is fix myself.

I know I can't use booze but I keep thinking: oh well it's impossible to feel this bad and live, so I'll just eat cake tonight and maybe tomorrow till the worst is over and then stop again. It's just that if this is an addiction, I won't be able to stop, and I have 25 days free now and Lord knows I don't want to go back there. If I stick at it, I feel sure my PMS will go away, or at least be easier to cope with. I swear death is preferable to PMS :wail: bedtime soon
I hope the feeling passed.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Quietly checking in for a day of safe eating.

Check up with my doctor yesterday went well. She is morbidly obese and I feel her pain. She can heal others but not herself, it seems in my mind.

Wishing us all a healthy and safe day.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Keep Going

It did pass but only because my period started.

I feel like a different woman. Positive, and I can feel the tension draining from me.

I feel very motivated to continue sugarfree and largely wheatfree because of the promise of being PMS-free somewhere down the line. I feel in recovery as if I build a life three weeks a month then pull it all down when PMS Weev comes back.

It’s like having an evil twin. But it feels so completely real and it’s instant, once those hormones go into my blood, I change. I don’t like her much. Roll on menopause. Unless of course I get stuck in evil twin mode ha ha!
Old 07-27-2018, 01:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It did pass but only because my period started.

I feel like a different woman. Positive, and I can feel the tension draining from me.

I feel very motivated to continue sugarfree and largely wheatfree because of the promise of being PMS-free somewhere down the line. I feel in recovery as if I build a life three weeks a month then pull it all down when PMS Weev comes back.

It’s like having an evil twin. But it feels so completely real and it’s instant, once those hormones go into my blood, I change. I don’t like her much. Roll on menopause. Unless of course I get stuck in evil twin mode ha ha!
May I share that I am in menopause now but back when I still had periods, at the times of my life when I was either drinking alcohol and/or binge eating sugar, my PMS and period cramps were horrendous.

When I was alcohol and sugar free I did not get PMS, virtually no cramps and the period itself was far shorter and lighter.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Keep Going

That would be a dream come true Lee. I guess one month safe eating is not going to improve much but I have high hopes. I am prone to exaggerating, but it does feel like a mental illness.

I especially don’t like my anger at all ever because of my upbringing and because I was so angry when I was drunk. Self righteous anger. Seems fair in a world like ours right but no: I’ve had to go another way. Or I just feel cut off from the universe and I don’t like that lack of connection much either!

I love you and I hope you have a good day 💛💛💛💛💛
Old 07-27-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Keep Going

How’d the party go Sunny 😎 ?
Old 07-27-2018, 03:46 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Same here period-wise, and we are the same age PW....I am a bit older I think, a year or so....and absolutely 100% agree with you re sugar and alcohol and PMS and periods....all the way. I had endometriosis and had terrible periods..actually, I am in peri-m because I just had one after ages.....I am not missing them girls, that's for sure.

Now where is our birthday girl.....I want to hear as well. ♥
Old 07-27-2018, 03:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
Quietly checking in for a day of safe eating.

Check up with my doctor yesterday went well. She is morbidly obese and I feel her pain. She can heal others but not herself, it seems in my mind.

Wishing us all a healthy and safe day.
Now that's sad, and also where I come in.....health coach, habit change. ♥♥
Old 07-27-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you with painful periods/PMS. I am well into or even past menopause. Don't miss my fertility one little bit. I have a sponsee who has horrendous periods and yet she stays sober and abstinent.

I use the phrase 'this too shall pass' with all kinds of situations. Whatever angst I'm feeling, be they heavy emotions or physical pain, I tell myself that it will pass. If I drink or eat over it, then I have even more problems.

Also, my most precious possession, my relationship with God, will be gravely affected if I give in to any of my addictions.

Wishing all a pleasant and abstinent weekend.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Keep Going

What a cute Beagle! I don't know where I'd be without my yellow fellow! He was inside the hedge a moment ago, with just his waggy tail sticking out, off after something he has no hope of catching. He makes me laugh all the time and I love him.

I can't quite believe I'm free. So much time wishing and wanting the food carousel to stop. And it has. It's a bit quiet inside my head!

ps where are you Sunny? Is all well?

I love you all
Old 07-27-2018, 11:34 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

That would be a dream come true Lee. I guess one month safe eating is not going to improve much but I have high hopes. I am prone to exaggerating, but it does feel like a mental illness.

I especially don’t like my anger at all ever because of my upbringing and because I was so angry when I was drunk. Self righteous anger. Seems fair in a world like ours right but no: I’ve had to go another way. Or I just feel cut off from the universe and I don’t like that lack of connection much either!

I love you and I hope you have a good day 💛💛💛💛💛
Warmest hugs to you. I felt like a different person too, a mental illness is a good description.

I was also an angry and raging drunk towards the end. I hated myself and the awful things I said.

I love being the soft, gentle person I am now. It feels like the real me, not the me bent out of shape by chemicals I put into my body.

I thought I had to be mean and fierce to "protect" myself, thankfully I learnt this was wrong. I can be soft and gentle yet have strong boundaries and sense of self.

Growing up in a violent and aggressive alcoholic home, I learnt to have a brick wall around me all the time.

Have a lovely day. Love Lee xx
Old 07-27-2018, 11:37 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Now that's sad, and also where I come in.....health coach, habit change. ♥♥
I felt terribly sad for my doctor as well. I see excess weight as pain.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:40 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thankfully is much cooler here today. I have found the unusually hot weather rather draining.

Checking in for a day of enjoyable, safe food.

Wishing us all a nice weekend.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Morning All!!! 🌞

Day 27 which is a weird number. Looking forward to four weeks tomorrow 🙂🙂🙂

My mother got hugely obese maybe during her menopause but most of the time it affected us like this: if she was restricting it was like a
Famine for us in the house, no treats for us because of her, and when she was bingeing it was Feast and we could all eat cake again.

I guess it set up a pattern subconsciously. I think I’m lucky that I got my fathers genes plus I love hard exercise else I’m sure there would be no upper limit on my size. I’ve done so much forgiveness work on her in recovery but boy I could write a book about her behaviour. I’m glad I’m getting some clarity in my generation.