Notices

Sugar Addiction Recovery Thread Part 3

Old 01-31-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hey Sunflower what does your plan look like? Exercise, a hot bath??

maybe writing it out would help
Old 01-31-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Gosh PW.....you are doing kind of brilliantly.
I think you and Sunny could do this professionally.....you are both amazing and very knowledgeable.
Thank you. I would like to help others with this struggle we have.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:59 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

You know me friend- I have tons on my agenda for today! But the food never cared in the past.
It turns out it was only a thought about binging and not a true craving. I am telling you, something has clicked like it did when I finally stopped drinking.
I want to be abstinent more than I want to eat sugar or binge.
Finally!

Just colored my hair and showered. Listening to an OA phone meeting. It always reminds me of why I am doing this. I am going to be ok
Old 01-31-2019, 12:03 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower79 View Post
Hey Sunflower what does your plan look like? Exercise, a hot bath??

maybe writing it out would help
Hi Sunflower! I am ok! It was barely a craving. I miss sugar there is no doubt about it but just for today I will not eat it!
How is your day going?
Old 01-31-2019, 12:42 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I知 picking kids up from school. When I get home will be the test. Today I will not binge. Thanks for asking. I think I値l make it today. 😊
Old 01-31-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Oh....I don't know what is wrong with me....I can't eat and I can't stop crying.
Something flipped inside of me during this weather....I miss my friend like crazy and I am lonely and far out....I feel like a teenager right now. Sorry. Just feel safe in this thread. s
Old 01-31-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Venus💕💕. I知 sorry you池e so sad.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:27 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I made myself eat something....I wonder if I have gone too far down (calorie wise) because I am so keen to dump the extra pounds....

The thing with me...I am an addict....and I get addicted to NOT eating as well....sigh.

Thank you love....so much. xx

PS....Greys Anatomy is on in half an hour.....that cheered me up.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I listened to the podcast, which was great. I expect to return to the site for more.
I am pretty at peace with sugar right now, but I know that it could become a problem again. I've been writing my 1st Step, and it is interesting to me that sugar was not a problem for me when I was young. I enjoyed a dessert at times, but I did not need to eat a whole pie! Of course, I am 60 years old, and our food is very different now. I also recognize where food took on emotional significance.
My first weight loss experience was about 10 years ago. I was slim most of my life, but then I quit smoking & entered menopause. The weight came on. Logging was successful for me--for a while. Long story short: I logged calories or points, off & on, for several years. I grew to hate it. So tedious! Going to a Mexican restaurant and having to count every chip is no fun. Right now I am having three meals a day, making sure I get enough protein and having two snacks daily. It is going well. Unfortunately, I have been unable to lose any weight. I try to find non-scale victories--ex. I feel better, I'm staying off sugar, etc.--and I don't want to measure my success by weight. My therapist tells me I may be at my "set point," and I should not expect much change. That is discouraging, but I am trying to stay the course.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:46 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I made myself eat something....I wonder if I have gone too far down (calorie wise) because I am so keen to dump the extra pounds....

The thing with me...I am an addict....and I get addicted to NOT eating as well....sigh.

Thank you love....so much. xx

PS....Greys Anatomy is on in half an hour.....that cheered me up.
I just heard a term the other day for the disorder we have where we can be addicted in more than one way. I will have to look it up tomorrow.

You are not alone my friend. I depend way to heavily on my phone when booze and now sugar is not an option. One day we will find a way to look inside for the support and comfort we so desperately need.

Please take care of yourself. Winter is hard with the snow and cold and unpredictable weather. Just hang in there and know it will get better. Your body needs food today and every day. Try to listen to it- it will tell you what it wants.
Love you
Old 01-31-2019, 05:50 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

8:46 and I can barely keep my eyes open.
I see snow is in the forecast for tomorrow and my heart is sinking. How do I change my head around so that I can see this as a blessing? I cherish my alone time so much and tomorrow was going to be the only full day this week I had to myself to finish my hospice training. Instead I am pretty sure schools will be closed and I will be home with the boys. I have been in an awful mood for two days now. In the past I could blame it on the food but I am not eating poorly at all. Not a drop of sugar. So why do I feel this way? I always thought it was the food. Turns out I still have mood issues.
I wonder if I am detoxing. Perhaps it will take a few months to feel better than this.

I just want the good days to last. Why can’t they ever last?
Old 02-01-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I cannot seem to stick with my eating plan. So discouraged but I will try again today.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:03 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Sunny love ~ I responded to this in the 24.

I am the same as you....NOTHING puts me in a bad mood like having my plans changed without my desire or consent....even if it's 'life', it makes me very uncomfortable. I am getting better at finding the peace and calm within to help me through these days.....it takes time I guess.

So....let's get practical....do you need to finish the training today? Or can you adjust to finishing next week....is it doable....because when we adjust ourselves to what is, we find peace. And then we can deal with the new reality.

My thoughts.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I cannot seem to stick with my eating plan. So discouraged but I will try again today.

I know you feel discouraged Sunflower. Have you tried the L-Glutamine powder? It really helps. Also, did you check out the book The Craving Cure? And lastly, are you drinking anything sweet throughout the day? What about mints, gum? I had to cut out my sugar free, stevia sweetened electrolyte power and I absolutely had to stop licking the knife after making my son's pb&j. In other words, I cannot have a drop of anything sweet if I want to make this work. Are you eating any sugar throughout the day? Sweetened yogurts? If I were you I would check all the labels of your foods for sugar. Even if they are low carb they can still contain sugar and that sugar could be setting you up for cravings.

And lastly, I know that you will reach a day where you aren't struggling anymore. I believe in the bottom of my heart that recovery is all about timing- each bite, each binge leads us to recovery. One day you will be absolutely done just like you were with the alcohol.

You want this- I can feel it in everything you write. Just don't give up. It will happen. Keep trying.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Sunny love ~ I responded to this in the 24.

I am the same as you....NOTHING puts me in a bad mood like having my plans changed without my desire or consent....even if it's 'life', it makes me very uncomfortable. I am getting better at finding the peace and calm within to help me through these days.....it takes time I guess.

So....let's get practical....do you need to finish the training today? Or can you adjust to finishing next week....is it doable....because when we adjust ourselves to what is, we find peace. And then we can deal with the new reality.

My thoughts.
So I woke up and held one my new powerful crystals this morning and asked for a message. It told me that I need to turn the focus onto my children and stop being so self centered. I was actually ready for a snow day!

Turns out I still have to pick them up early so I am about to write up a schedule on our huge white board in the kitchen. I'm going to pull out the playdough and the Valentine's decorations. That will fill at least an hour and a half. Plus I got them new book today from the library.

When they get their tables later I can finish my training. I'm on an OA phone meeting right now and will put away some laundry and fold some that's in the dryer.

I really want to find a sponsor and work the steps. Hoping there are some willing to take new members at the end of the meeting..
xoxo
Old 02-02-2019, 02:18 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Day 14

I haven't gone this long without binging in months and certainly haven't gone this long with any bite of sugar in probably over a year.
I feel good.
I know that this is actually it for me.
I know it is a combination of timing, effort, intention, relapse, God, my crystals, breathwork and all of you.

Wishing you all a great Saturday- need to hop on my spin bike and then get ready for my 7 am shift! I'll check in again later.
xoxo
Old 02-02-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Yay sunflower. Two weeks is awesome!!

I do take L-glutamine. I emotional eat so when I知 in that space it doesn稚 help with the urge. I知 using the 12 steps to get me through.

i finally made it through day one. I signed up for something called DietBet yesterday. I put up $35 and in a month I need to lose 4% of my weight in order to get the money back. I think it will help me stay accountable. There are pictures and weigh ins. I知 kind of excited. I also do StepBet which keeps me active. Well on to day 2.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:09 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Awesome girls.....now I need to put my glasses on and get my coffee.
Still three quarters asleep here. xx
Old 02-02-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Morning Venus. I think I値l grab some more coffee too 😊
Old 02-02-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Yay sunflower. Two weeks is awesome!!

I do take L-glutamine. I emotional eat so when I知 in that space it doesn稚 help with the urge. I知 using the 12 steps to get me through.

i finally made it through day one. I signed up for something called DietBet yesterday. I put up $35 and in a month I need to lose 4% of my weight in order to get the money back. I think it will help me stay accountable. There are pictures and weigh ins. I知 kind of excited. I also do StepBet which keeps me active. Well on to day 2.
Hi Sunflower- wishing you luck with the Dietbet. Do whatever you feel will help you get through this but remember you can text me when an urge strikes and maybe I can help you through it.

Have a great day 2!