Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 397

Old 07-11-2018, 10:12 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello to all.
Im in for 24 more hours of this good life.
V.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

All set for another 24 hours sober.

10:19 PM in the San Juan Islands.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

You're allowed to feel like that every so often, Willow. We all are. You're probably exhausted after looking after a house full of guests and remaining positive around them drinking and cleaning and cooking etc etc. Anyone would be tired. And tiredness is one of the biggest dampners of moods...... well, it is for me anymore. In addition, your brain is recovering from years of drinking. New neural pathways are being built and just like with any other awesome construction project, the end result will be incredible but there may be a load of upheaval before the work finishes. Stay in bed, rest, feel proud of how well you're doing and face the world tomorrow when you feel stronger. Because you will feel stronger, I can promise you that.

Everything in my life is going good.... even though I am facing some stressful stuff. Turns out the conman who conned my dad out of money before his death has done this to lots of other people but he intimidates everyone so no one will take action against him. Until now. I've reported him to the police, I've provided loads of evidence to the police and I've made it clear I will stand in court and be questioned. I'm standing up to the bully and it feels marvellous. Wouldn't have this strength if I hadn't stopped drinking. Sobriety has given me a strength and confidence I never thought possible.

That's my weekly check in. I'll be back next Thursday. Sorry I'm not around every day to support you guys, I still love you all but I've got too many people to support in the real world and it's not good to be pulled too thin. Recovery is teaching me where to set my boundaries and there's nothing wrong with that. Whatever we need to do to protect our sobriety and mental well-being is good. 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 07-11-2018, 11:14 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

24 more for me ....
Bobbi
Old 07-11-2018, 11:29 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
OK.....I read.

I understand the pink cloud idea (although it didn't happen to me) and all that you have said honey....really I do. May I present a different perspective?

We/you are working HARD on our lives....whether it is this recovery or another from a different ailment....it is hard and it is involved and it takes presence of mind and lots of energy and mindfulness.

Are we not allowed to get tired?
Without all of the scary analysis?
Why can't we just say...hey.....look how hard you have been trying and how fantastic you are and how about a day off????

A day to sleep late and stay in our pj's and maybe watch way too many videos.

(I highly recommend Big Little Lies....woo hoo....so good girls )

I wish you could see how wonderfully you are doing....a bad spot is just a bad spot, and doing what you are doing career-wise is kind of sensational. We need people like us Willow.....desperately. (sorry, not being egotistical, just a passionate aged-care worker).

It will pass. Give yourself a break. Give yourself some love.
Have a chai latte.

♥♥♥
Thankyou ❤️❤️❤️

I’m feeling a bit better now. And I didn’t drink anything today which is really good

I did look at that directline link but I think it’s only for Victoria... but hey, maybe I’ll just ring them anyway and they can refer me to someone here if that’s what they do

And I did give myself a break, I stayed in bed till 10 then I went for a long walk on the beach. It helped put things back into perspective again. I know what I want to do, I have to stop letting other people’s different opinions about what I should do with my life get me down. It’s my life, not theirs. I’ve not got much done today, just pottered round the house and had a chai latte! Yes I did and I love Liane Moriarty I’ve read Big little lies and absolutely loved it, one of my favourite books! I will have to get that movie

Thank you for caring ❤️ you’re amazing ❤️
Tomorrow will be a better day I know xxx
Old 07-11-2018, 11:32 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
CONGRATS SFL

Support Snuff

WILLOW! Follow your heart, my friend...
Thanks Phoenix ❤️ I will x
Old 07-11-2018, 11:42 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
You're allowed to feel like that every so often, Willow. We all are. You're probably exhausted after looking after a house full of guests and remaining positive around them drinking and cleaning and cooking etc etc. Anyone would be tired. And tiredness is one of the biggest dampners of moods...... well, it is for me anymore. In addition, your brain is recovering from years of drinking. New neural pathways are being built and just like with any other awesome construction project, the end result will be incredible but there may be a load of upheaval before the work finishes. Stay in bed, rest, feel proud of how well you're doing and face the world tomorrow when you feel stronger. Because you will feel stronger, I can promise you that.

Everything in my life is going good.... even though I am facing some stressful stuff. Turns out the conman who conned my dad out of money before his death has done this to lots of other people but he intimidates everyone so no one will take action against him. Until now. I've reported him to the police, I've provided loads of evidence to the police and I've made it clear I will stand in court and be questioned. I'm standing up to the bully and it feels marvellous. Wouldn't have this strength if I hadn't stopped drinking. Sobriety has given me a strength and confidence I never thought possible.

That's my weekly check in. I'll be back next Thursday. Sorry I'm not around every day to support you guys, I still love you all but I've got too many people to support in the real world and it's not good to be pulled too thin. Recovery is teaching me where to set my boundaries and there's nothing wrong with that. Whatever we need to do to protect our sobriety and mental well-being is good. 24 more for me please xxxx
Thanks Kenton ❤️
I took it easy on myself today, I think I was just emotionally exhausted after trying so hard to be upbeat and happy while I was internally traumatised by all the alcohol temptations lately, and I know tomorrow will be a better day after some rest. I think I just needed to rest today and stop pushing myself so hard to be positive about everything. I’m going to soak in the bath now full of magnesium salts

Good luck with taking on the conman! I’m so glad you’re doing that, he so deserves to get what’s coming to him for ripping off poor vulnerable old people. I’m big on advocating for those who can’t speak up for themselves. It’s really admirable that you’re standing up to him!
It’s also great that you recognise the need for boundaries and for not spreading yourself too thin. It’s vitally important to look after yourself ❤️
Old 07-11-2018, 11:52 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Oh what wonderful support and honesty there is to wake up to and read on our beautiful thread.
Willow sweetheart I am so pleased you opened up about how you're feeling. I'm definitely with Suze on this. It really is okay to have a time out and not feel guilty. I mean goodness me you've been through so much on your journey and after that weekend.......well it really is no wonder you've crashed a little. Recognising when we need to take a break is very important I feel. And may I say bugger the guilt! One thing that struck me about your post was that you are at 60 days (woo hoo by the way!). I was an absolute emotional wreck at 60 days Willow. It's important to remember too that our journey takes T I M E. No quick fixes here and from what I see you're doing great! ❤❤❤
Old 07-11-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Morning Willow!

God, your post really resonated with me. I've had jobs on and off for a long time and my family especially couldn't understand the choices I made. I have post graduate training in psychological stuff but I've always genuinely liked caring for others. They felt the physical care or support work wasn't as valuable as the psychological stuff and that I was under-achieving. What drove my dad crazy inparticular was when I alternated between jobs he found acceptable and ones he found 'below' me. He's a good person but has always judged success by status and money. I've learned to judge my own success by motivation, by caring and by choosing things/people that are important to me to invest my time and energy in. I don't really care about the wage or the status.

It sounds like you have made a magnificent life choice. To invest in something you care deeply about. That take courage. I think you are couragous!

I also am flattened by visitor and can spend a couple of days in my pj's. A wee lay in was probably just what you needs. Be kind to yourself. I'm really glad you are feeling better today xxxx
Old 07-11-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Oh how magnificent to see our Kenton drop by!
Kenton honey you took the words out of my mouth. So very proud of our England boys. Played the game with dignity and enthusiasm but out to a superior team. But oh so much more than that. The experience of going through the highs and lows without a thought of a drink at all? Come on that's just priceless!
If that's the start of summer 2018 here at Jojo Towers then I'm in! Bring it on!
Oh yes I'll have 24 more please!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Old 07-11-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

24 for me please peeps.

Day 3 and things are slowly improving. Got some SLEEP!! And what a difference that has made. Keep up with my posting too.

I have a couple of things I'd like to share a bit later that I need advice on. I'm trying to get into the habit of getting things out though I find that a bit tricky.

Congratulations to everyone reaching a milestone today!!!

Lots of love and best wishes to you all. Have a lovely day. Gabe xxx
Old 07-11-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Morning Gabe!
Old 07-12-2018, 12:06 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning lovely Jo! xxx
Old 07-12-2018, 12:07 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hey Jo, my sober date is the 9th July 2018. I like that we have alot of the same digits in common......
Old 07-12-2018, 12:30 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Morning all. Its 8.30am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:01 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

24 more please & Thanks. Love to all, SP xx
Old 07-12-2018, 01:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I just love reading all the caring and love passed around in this place! You guys are awesome! 24 more clean and sober hours please! congrats to all reaching a milestone today!
Old 07-12-2018, 01:30 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 07-12-2018, 01:40 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning all. Oh what wonderful support and honesty there is to wake up to and read on our beautiful thread.
Willow sweetheart I am so pleased you opened up about how you're feeling. I'm definitely with Suze on this. It really is okay to have a time out and not feel guilty. I mean goodness me you've been through so much on your journey and after that weekend.......well it really is no wonder you've crashed a little. Recognising when we need to take a break is very important I feel. And may I say bugger the guilt! One thing that struck me about your post was that you are at 60 days (woo hoo by the way!). I was an absolute emotional wreck at 60 days Willow. It's important to remember too that our journey takes T I M E. No quick fixes here and from what I see you're doing great! ❤❤❤
Thank you Jo ❤️ I have to remind myself I’m not superwoman I tend to overdo things and overthink things too, especially when I’m feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. I just took it really easy today and decided that it was ok to have a break from “achieving”. Thanks so much for your kind and caring words. The support from all of you here makes such a huge difference ❤️
Old 07-12-2018, 01:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

09:46am...24 more please...Love to All