Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 61

Old 09-05-2018, 06:49 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Happy One Year Soberversary Stronger and Kachal!!!

Old 09-05-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Darned spellcheck! Hahaha thank you for the giggles!
Old 09-05-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not editing that

congrats Stronger and Kachal!
Old 09-05-2018, 10:06 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Thank you toots for the laugh!

💩
💩
Old 09-06-2018, 12:14 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Enjoy your day!
Old 09-06-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
AV had one last go at flinging everything at me just before my first soberversary, as if it knew once I had a year under my belt I would be too strong in my sobriety to listen to it. And sure enough after this first year, things do get calmer, easier. Life is then about learning to live a sober life. After five years, I do still get the occasional AV moment, some sneak up on me. But coming here to SR daily, reminds me of why I don't drink, and why I need to remain vigilant in my sobriety. I don't know if there is something like an 'itch', but I guess some folk do get blasé about their sobriety and feel they can safely drink now they have enough years under their belt.
I believe we need to accept that fundamentally we are always only going to be one drink away from being a drunk. There will never be a time in our lives when it will be ok or safe to drink again. That doesn't mean we never feel tempted. It means we have to ignore temptation.
Some Overs have moved on with their lives and then will suddenly pop up again, and it is usually because they have been close to letting drink into their lives again.
I always maintain that my daily visit here gives me the strength I need to preserve my sobriety. And if during my visit I can help another to preserve theirs? I am indeed a happy Toots!!!
Hi everyone,
Not been here for a week or so. Have been struggling and having lots of drinking dreams that I feel bad about when I wake as I convince myself they are true and I have slipped up.

Toots, this quoted message has helped me so much today. Thank you!
And thanks to everyone who shares their stories here. SR is indeed an excellent place. I must visit regularly.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:20 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

So... I had a big struggle with the AV yesterday afternoon after my Dad’s funeral in the morning. It was only 8 days after my Mum’s funeral. I was feeling torn apart with grief and sadness and I found myself somehow in a bottle shop (liquor store) and wandering around the aisles of wines. Looking at all the lovely labels on the wine bottles . The AV was being very persuasive about it being such a difficult time and how truly lovely a glass or 2 of red would be...How good I’d been in such difficult circumstances and how I really deserved a drink to help me destress and relax. It was a real struggle but somehow I left the store empty handed. I went home and I ate far too many cookies and then today it was cake... uggghh I feel like a slug now. But I didn’t drink, despite my family drinking beer and wine last night. I drank tea. What a crap couple of weeks it’s been. I cried my eyes out again tonight. I know I have to feel this pain without alcohol but I really could do with a break from feeling so sad so I’m going to sleep now and seeking some kind of oblivion for a few hours. Sober. But blissfully asleep. I won’t drink in honour of my parents ❤️
Old 09-06-2018, 08:26 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

OMG (((Willow))) Sending huge hugs and major kudos!!!
Old 09-06-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

You have done so well Willow. My dad passed in January and it was hard but I gave in - you didn’t.
I am proud of you. Keep going. I hope your sadness eases with time as mine did
Old 09-06-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Much love and prayers to you Willow. We are all so proud of you as I am sure your parents are also.

Love reading about all our graduates!! Really thrills and inspires me to keep going, stay sober!

33 more days for me, and my AV is trying is dying best to keep a hold of me. I dont have the craving or need, it just passes through. I had some errands to run this am and the AV was telling me how great getting drunk would feel, down a bottle or 3. thankfully my RV has super muscles and shut it down.
Is this normal?? Seems like drinking runs through my mind way more often than it should. I guess I judge myself to much against what I read others in my time frame are doing/feeling. Like wine shouldn't even be entering my mind anymore. I know we walk our path, just trying to get it straight in my head.

badge
Old 09-06-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Badge - I found last month a little tough and did think about drinking at times. I feel better now though and I haven’t thought about getting drunk at all over the last couple of days.. Hang in there badge!
Old 09-06-2018, 06:09 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Congratulations on one year Stronger and Kachal

You're doing so amazing Willow, I hope you sleep well

I was pretty sure I was going to stop for wine on my way home, but I think I talked myself out of it. I enjoy reading everyone's posts. I usually read here in the morning but don't have time to post until the evening. I've been on a really bad work schedule. My work is very flexible and I've been coming in at 10:30 and then working until 8 or 9pm but my whole day is gone when I do that. It's hard to get out of that cycle but I need to because it's making me depressed. I wish I was a morning person, but I stay up too late at night and then can't get myself up in the morning. I need to work on it

I hope everyone is having a good day/evening
Old 09-06-2018, 08:02 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Nice to see you’re still with us raj. I do get some of those drinking dreams, but fortunately not that often. In the last one I got so drunk that I somehow turned blind. In the dream I was stumbling around in a busy shopping mall holding onto the walls, and feeling very self conscious and embarrassed at the same time. Waking up to realise it was just a dream is always a big relief!
Old 09-06-2018, 08:08 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really proud of you Willow
Hood to see you too Raj - sorry for you loss earlier this year.
D
Old 09-06-2018, 08:16 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

PS - Congratulations Stronger and Kachal. That’s fabulous! I see both of you (and if I’m not mistaken especially Kachal) started building your achievements in short order after having joined SR, which says a lot for this site and the support that’s on offer here.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:16 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Willow do you have someone you can talk to about your recovery and about your grief? It always helps me to get my feelings out there. Though sometimes you just need to cry it all out. One day you will wake feeling something other than sad. You have been through something none of us would wish on anyone, and you are dealing with mindfulness. I am proud to know you.

Raj, I'm glad I helped. And sorry for your loss earlier this year.

Badge, Stronger said it keep fighting the fight sweetie, I know you will
Old 09-07-2018, 02:19 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Nice to see you’re still with us raj. I do get some of those drinking dreams, but fortunately not that often. In the last one I got so drunk that I somehow turned blind. In the dream I was stumbling around in a busy shopping mall holding onto the walls, and feeling very self conscious and embarrassed at the same time. Waking up to realise it was just a dream is always a big relief!
Captain! That is a heavy dream �� Mine are much more boring!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hood to see you too Raj - sorry for you loss earlier this year.
D
Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Raj, I'm glad I helped. And sorry for your loss earlier this year.
Much appreciated Dee and Toots.

Badge, you’re doing great. Keep going. It is worth it.

Congrats Stronger and Kachel. Amazing!
Day 54 for me and I feel much more stable with my mental problems and stronger this past few days after a bad month. The initial euphoria after my detox wore off and my depression really kicked in. But feeling fab now and ready for the next 54 days.
Thanks everyone here at SR
Old 09-07-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

If I may, would like to join you all after having just passed the four months of sobriety stage at 125 days. One or two familiar posters from the Class of May 2018 that I’ve noticed.

Am now feeling the best. That I’ve been for quite some time. An initial weight loss, that has now slowed down (step away from the cookie jar......), and a much settled digestive system being two of the better benefits of sobriety.

As for the hangovers....... well......... I actually woke up this morning feeling like I’d drank three bottles of red wine, followed by a couple of whisky chasers last night. Now that’s just plain unfair.....

Am now looking forward to my five month milestone. Using the IOS ‘I Am Sober’ app as a motivator. A useful tool, I’ve found. Not only does it track the days without booze, but the (approximate) financial and time savings, based on an assumed per diem cost.

Does anyone else use such a tracking system?
Old 09-07-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SollytheGolly View Post
If I may, would like to join you all after having just passed the four months of sobriety stage at 125 days.

Am now looking forward to my five month milestone. Using the IOS ‘I Am Sober’ app as a motivator. A useful tool, I’ve found. Not only does it track the days without booze, but the (approximate) financial and time savings, based on an assumed per diem cost.

Does anyone else use such a tracking system?
Hi Solly 👋
Welcome and congratulations on getting so far. I am heading towards my 2 month anniversary and your post about digestive system getting better has made me happy. Hope mine sorts itself out soon too.

As for the app, I have seen them for smoking but never drinking. I will have a look at the one you use as I think I would find it handy too. Thanks
Old 09-07-2018, 10:24 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I’ve installed the app Solly, set it up and it looks like the perfect thing for me.
Many thanks