Notices

One Year & Over Part 61

Old 06-19-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

sorry to hear that Andy! Very scary. I hope you heal quickly.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hope Fran continues recovering, FBL.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wow! Andy, glad it wasn't worse. But a broken patella is enough. That's gonna be aggravating not being able to drive with the cast. I'm glad your wife didn't break anything. I hope you are made well financially by insurance at least.

MB,
Great to hear you are hanging sober with us regardless of some rough patches. Congrats!!

Mags,
If you have Spring Rolls odds are you have egg rolls too. If you ever eat out Chinese have one for an appetizer.

FBL,
I hope Fran is alright. I envy your rain!

We could really use some rain. We are in another drought like dry spell here. Today we had a break with temps down in the 80s after a week of high 90s a 100 a few times. Got the yard done again and got a few more chigger bites. Because of the dryness it raises a dust cloud cutting the yard. Despite the heat I wear a paper dust mask, and goggles to keep the dust out of my eyes and lungs. Our cars are coated.

My diesel truck had the lift pump die and take out the high pressure pump, and the injector pump, which threw some metal in the injectors but it stopped there. $5k in damage. The truck's worth three times that so we pay it. It should be ready Friday. We have a great Diesel shop here that does great work at a fair price. No issue, just a mechanical failure. But we were about to sell the Scamp 19 foot 5th wheel, and then the truck. But if I have to deliver the RV because the buyer hasn't put the hitch in yet, I need the truck. I'm also selling the ten foot utility trailer. So the truck had to be fixed fast. So now the move is backed up to late summer/autumn. Or whenever fate allows. I'm not getting frustrated. We will just take our time selling more than we'd originally planned when hampered by self inflicted deadlines.

Have a great rest of your week guys!
Old 06-19-2018, 11:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Itchy, no, I can’t see egg rolls on any Chinese menus
Pleased your getting your truck repaired ok.

Fbl, hope Fran is feeling a bit better today, give her a hug from me please

Andy, hope you and Mrs a Terrific managing ok with your injuries. No cutting down your hedges just yet! Lol

Hubby is in Spain fishing so I’m being really lazy when it comes to cooking. I can’t be bothered just for myself and have been picking, which isn’t good as it never seems to stop. Can’t seem to get into a routine.

Hope it’s a good day for everyone. Big hugs all round
Old 06-20-2018, 12:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh Andy...thank God you all survived....but a cast form head to toe?
You poor love.....is there home care help available? Gosh.....just feel sick over this....
cast form head to toe
Venus, that made me laugh. The cast is from ankle to mid thigh. The cast and I have made friends, I don't hate it and it doesn't keep me awake at night. Sorry there can be no cast signing as it is a cylindrical cast which only has a back and both sides. Over that is a wide soft bandage, I suppose you could try a spray can.

Chemo first and then fracture clinic for me, I'm glad our health care is free.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Andy, love your positive attitude!

Thanks for all the kind words for Fran. The boss recently wiped out on his motorcycle and hurt his back, so both he and Fran are on the DL right now. It's doubtful that Fran will ever walk again, so that gets her down. She'll be 81 and my boss will be 79 this year. Getting old is not for the faint of heart!

Have a Happy Hump-Day, overs!
Old 06-20-2018, 04:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Had my interview for consideration into the art school folks. I think I performed well. They asked the predicted 'why do you want to..?. S o I gave them a brief guided tour of some of the art with the frying story. Will know by F or maybe M.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Happy hump day!
Old 06-20-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I’ll bet you get in, PJ!

I hope they tell you Friday rather than Monday, too!
Old 06-20-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Happy hump day to you, Sass!
Old 06-20-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fbl, that must be a hard blow for Fran . And her husband!

Really bad air quality here today, I’ve had nose bleeds at work and I can feel the pressure. I’ve finished work for the day now and taking tomorrow as a holiday day so hopefully get back on track.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oops.....I guess I lost it there. I will tell you why.....

When I was 5 and my sister was 2, we were playing in the backyard on my dad's trailer. It was a little trailer....and with it leaning on the ground it wasn't far at all to get out....maybe a foot or so....so when my little sister asked me how to get out, I said: jump. So she did. And broke her leg very badly.....they made a mistake with the cast and plastered right up to the break and not on the break....and she screamed in agony until my parents took her back to the hospital and they re-did the cast up to her hip. Which she had to wear for 6 weeks. And was my fault.

So....my brain read words that weren't there.....
Old 06-20-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Another blue sky but hopefully clearer air today

Have an exceptional Thursday xx
Old 06-20-2018, 11:38 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

I now have a mint green full cast from ankle to mid-thigh. The doctor offered to do a surgery and put bolts in or glue or some such - I declined the offer.

Mrs T didn't get her chemo, her platelets were too low, presumably they are busy with Mrs T's bruises.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Andy- hoping you and Mrs Andy heal quickly.
'Mint' green, huh? Sounds very boutique. Did you get a colour chart (like with paint) to choose? Make sure the rubber heel- or sock matches.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hope you both continue to improve Andy and Mrs T manages to get her due chemo soon.

Peej my friend in recovery (she decided she needed to get sober after a trip she & I made to Egypt in 2001) has always been into her art, but left it by the wayside during her drinking and heroin -then methadone- days. Now she is in uni doing her art degree at the ripe old age of 60. (kidding, 60 is the new 40) she is really enjoying expressing herself through her art.
I didn’t begin writing seriously until I stopped drinking, we expend so much energy and time focusing on what we are putting in our next glass, we forget to live. Recovery gives us the chance to be the person we were meant to be. I just love that!
FBL, I know they are both suffering just now, but your boss and Fran rock in my world. I love them both for their vitality and Joi de vivre. I really hope they get back to what they love, and if not, they learn to love something they can do within their restrictions. Perhaps Fran needs to take up painting!

Hugs to everyone x
Old 06-21-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Toots- your friend is an inspiration. I push myself hard- with everything...often having to repeat the process- and this Arts degree I have applied for is a culmination of the hours in the gym- so I do not tire so easily, bloody word puzzles-computer chess- memory games-lists blahdeblah. As well, of course as loving art. So just have to wait and see- if not successful- I will have to try harder.
and WORDS....I write incessantly...was in a creative writing group - which was more creative ;where does the full stop go' group, but I try new stuff, journal and write and paint with words and images....hundreds of the damn things...all helps. I do put my words in sometimes for consideration for printing at times- in newspapers and the like..I had 5 different art/word things put on an art cube- that shared people living in the city (when I was living in the city) - their vignettes of every day life- 2of these were then for a period of months displayed in public city spaces.. Keeps me motivated- until now, both have bee just for me, but if I want to grow- I need learnin', teachin' , structure, routine and discipline.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

PJ, wonderful perspective! Our struggles in life can, indeed, help us grow in many ways.

I bought a new car yesterday! I wanted one with the newer safety features, important for me because of aging. I still clearly remember when I bought my first new car after I quit smoking nearly 40 years ago. What I saved in not smoking covered the car payments. That was a wonderful reminder of why I didn’t want to smoke and helped me through those early months.

Have a good day, Overs!
Old 06-21-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Sass! What kind?
Old 06-21-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hoping Mrs Andy's platelets do their job and she heals fast.

Yes.....what kind of car Sass? HOW exciting....I have never had a new car.

Hi Gilmer love.....and sending prayers for your boss and Fran FBL. ♥