Notices

One Year & Over Part 61

Old 07-16-2018, 09:32 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi "Overs."

I just wanted to say great post PhoenixJ and good luck. I think it's great you are doing this.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Well done on your first day Peej, I look forward to sharing your journey vicariously.

IP, I’m glad that the reason we’ve not seen much of you is because you are busy living and learning to love yourself and set boundaries. Enjoy your classes, you and Peej will need to keep us posted!

MM ditto what other have said mate, good luck, you made the right move.

All ok in Tootsville, off to ‘El Tootsovillo’ on weds morning v early for 10 days of heat, sunshine and entertaining our grandson who we are taking out for his first foreign holiday without one of his folks. He’s always good for us ( boundaries, IP, he learned young that he has them!) so I’ve no real concerns. Just hope we don’t break him or anything!
Actually, he and his grandad come out Saturday, so I get a couple of days to get the house tidy, aired and filled with food, and chill out on the terrace with my kindle!
Old 07-16-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ! So pleased it went well today (Monday). Sounds very exciting.

Sat listening to music on my ipad. Wonderful how some music just touches your heart. To dance, sing, twirl, cry, sad happy. Brings most emotions out, the right music. It must release endorphines in our brains. I’m getting a right old softie nowadays.

Have a good one my friends xx
Old 07-16-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Just had an interview with a real estate group. It didn't go well. I was nervous AF and didn't click with one of the interviewers...LOVED the other one tho.

Woke up this morning with some stomach issues, and threw up. Not sure if it's nerves or the hernia I'm dealing with...ultrasound on Wednesday. In any event, I was nervous and not feeling 100% to start.

Afterwards, I came home and my AV was the strongest it's been in a year. I blew it. I'm useless. I could sink into sweet oblivion and forget about it and enjoy the rest of the day. There are two open bottles of wine in the fridge, the roommates tend to have a glass each and then keep it for cooking. I could have totes had a glass, or run down the street for some vodka.

I reached into the fridge....and grabbed the sparkling cranberry water. Poured myself a glass of that instead. It settled my stomach and relaxed me. I started thinking about the interview. It wasn't my best effort to be sure, but as I went over it, I realized that my bad feelings about one of the interviewers were based things she said, which when I thought about them, were real "red flags." Not sure how I feel about working with her, despite the group itself being a great opportunity.

I feel great now. Calm, stomach is settled, going to read some books about salesmanship. The interview made me realize I have a lot to learn, and if I don't get it, it probably wasn't meant to be. There are other situations out there that are as good and probably better.

I wouldn't have felt great if I'd drank even a little bit, and the odds of "just a little bit" were slim to none, and Slim's out of town.

I will never regret not drinking.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Magsie

MM sorry your interview didn’t go well. Im so pleased you chose the cranberry juice.
All the best with the Ultrasound on Wednesday.

Toots, enjoy Tootsvillo. sounds Idyllic.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:30 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Gosh.....where to begin......hello MindfulMan.
So glad one of the interviews went well.....I bet your tummy settles a bit after this. Ahhhh.....it is you said: excellent.

More love darling Gilmer and some for you beautiful Mags.

AWESOME SAUCE InPar.....so happy for you and proud of you, and hey me three.....studying my heart out. Never ever worked so hard at anything, also need to do the nurses aid cert over here and set up my website and omg....lots of things.

And just look at our authors go......what a thread....what a group.
We rock.....we SERIOUSLY rock.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Suze, love to you too.xx
Old 07-16-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

MM- I actually did throw up on my first day at a new job.....with irony in the same buildings which have been taken over by the art school.. In some ways the experience of the post interview with how you dealt with your AV was much more significant..you played the tape (jeez I am getting old) forward and had enough 'tools' to distract..and you began to think more clearly about the interview. Emotions do that- they wash over us like waves..then settle down. Well done.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

I’m sorry you felt behind the eight ball during today’s interview, MM, but as you said, there are many fine opportunities out there, and you will find one that is much more amenable.

I’m sorry your hernia is bothering you—I hope it will be remedied soon.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:40 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

MM congratulations on your fridge choice. I'm going to suggest that your subconscious was picking up on the bad vibe from the interviewer and that caused your nerves.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:57 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

MM glad you made the right choice at the fridge, what will be will be regarding the job, if that isn’t the one for you, something else will be round the corner waiting. As long as you keep reaching out, things will find a way to you.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I share the pain (haha)-
so today's big post about day 1 of formal lecturing in art stuff in the Whiner's.

All good
Support to all.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:20 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry the interview didn't go well MM but you handled the post interview
wonderfully

D
Old 07-17-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

So many meaty posts I can’t remember all the things I wanted to say

IP, so good to hear from you and great news!

MM, good working through! I also have found that “playing it forward” works well. I am impressed with how you worked through the difficulties with the interview and came out with a much more positive view of what happened.

to all and have a good day.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:16 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Mrs T has chemo this morning and then I get my cast removed I may have to have a brace but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:00 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all,
Servicing out the RV, replacing all the iffy things like battery, repacking the wheel bearings, checking out the trailer brakes, and replacing the last few incandescent 12 volt bulbs. They didn't put in a built in antenna and I'm researching which now. I'm going with the KING Jack Directional Over-the-Air Antenna with Mount. I think I can do the install.

MM, we learn more from the failed attempts at anything. You got it though.

Mags,
Redundant sounds so 1984ish. We call it getting laid off. So do the state agencies find you a job or are you out on your butt? Either way it's ironic how these things often as not lead to a better place than imagined.

IP,
Good ob you too.

PJ,
You are moving forward like a bore tide. It's the momentum of commitment I think.

Suze!
Yes and yes.

Sassy,
Me too! I just can't answer three days at a time like a juggler with rectalcephalitis. Thanks for the hearing aid high tech info!

Toots,
Did the house sell? Are you in Spain?

Gil!
Huge Hugs

Andy is it off yet?

Gotta plan for tomorrow guys,
G'nite all
Old 07-18-2018, 03:11 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Have a happy hump day, Overs!
Old 07-18-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

You too, Sass!
Old 07-18-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Good news on the cast, Andy!

I'm trying my best to practice some patience. About 10 days ago, I ordered some baseball cards online from a dealer that I've done business with before. He shipped the package out from Texas via priority mail. His packages always come within 2-3 days. My tracking info stopped updating about 5 days ago and I fear that the package is now lost. I contacted the seller and even went to my local Post Office and all they could tell me is that it probably got hung-up somewhere. Our company sends out thousands of packages every year, so I know all too well that the Post Office can screw things up. Just never had it happen to me personally. I've had stuff that was re-routed, but I could always see where it was thanks to the tracking. I sent a missing package request to the Post Office and they just sent me back an e-mail saying they needed "more information" (which is a crock, the tracking number should be sufficient). Rant over.

Have a Happy Hump-Day, overs!
Old 07-18-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Administrator

I too have fallen foul of the post BL but I usually try and go through ebay now so at least I get my money back if things go awry.

D