Notices

The Food Addiction Thread/Support Pt 2

Old 07-15-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Day 10

Feeling rested but really moody this morning. It's an earplug type of morning so far- my nerves are kind of shot by all the noise.

I found out yesterday what may have been the cause of all that crazy binge eating I was doing last month. I had my Reiki 2 class yesterday and the teacher told me that when our vibration starts to raise, it is natural that the negative energy also raises to try to catch up. I did Reiki 1 in March/April and then jumped into that Awakening class so my vibration jumped through the roof! And so did my struggles with the food that felt like they came out of nowhere. Somehow I have to learn to balance the good with the bad and not let one override the other. Seems complicated but I'll figure it out in time.

Happy to be shame and guilt free this morning and here for another 24 hours of abstinence from binge eating.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hello all my lovelies,

It's TWO WEEKS. I may have posted that before, but I am so excited! It is maybe a decade since I had any freedom from the sugar. Also, for many years I drank every day, and then round the clock. My body is probably in a shock of happiness.

Tentatively, I'll say my mood is better but it's so hot again here and I shopped for the week after church (which was astounding) so I'm a bit shirty.

I am not restricting fruit and I just think the taste is sensational. Everything tastes good good.

I haven't been hungry yet so I guess that's yet to come. But not yet. I'm going to give myself a good long time to stabilise after this change.

I know relapse is just a bite away and I hope it's not part of my story because you never know how long the next binge will go on for. I had begun to think mine was going to go on til I died, and I'd kindov accepted it. But no!! Woohoo. I rock and so do you lot
Old 07-15-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

I went off plan last night because of hunger, unfortunately but today I'm trying hard not to turn it into a huge food relapse. So far not perfect today but definitely not what it could have been had I just allowed things to get totally out of hand.

Sunflower, I am not keto. I tried to find that old keto magic again but it wasn't working for me any more. I tried weeks at a time and my appetite never changed and no weight loss. It used to work perfectly for me as an active drinker.

I'm ten months into alcohol sobriety so I've had time to try other things and the FAA diet came the closest to working for me. But there are still some things that aren't quite right about it for me.

My 21 year old stopped me from a binge today, she suggested if I am hungry to just eat more of the allowed foods, and she reinforced our decision to keep junk out of the house. Bless her heart!
Old 07-15-2018, 10:18 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Checking in for a safe day of eating. Weather much cooler here today, thank goodness. I don't feel well in the heat.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:36 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
Hello all my lovelies,

It's TWO WEEKS. I may have posted that before, but I am so excited! It is maybe a decade since I had any freedom from the sugar. Also, for many years I drank every day, and then round the clock. My body is probably in a shock of happiness.

Tentatively, I'll say my mood is better but it's so hot again here and I shopped for the week after church (which was astounding) so I'm a bit shirty.

I am not restricting fruit and I just think the taste is sensational. Everything tastes good good.

I haven't been hungry yet so I guess that's yet to come. But not yet. I'm going to give myself a good long time to stabilise after this change.

I know relapse is just a bite away and I hope it's not part of my story because you never know how long the next binge will go on for. I had begun to think mine was going to go on til I died, and I'd kindov accepted it. But no!! Woohoo. I rock and so do you lot
You are so amazing my dear friend!! I am so happy for you, so proud of you and inspired as well! I can't believe we are really doing this. And to think, we will both did this in the same month! How cool is that?

Old 07-16-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
Good morning all.

Checking in for a safe day of eating. Weather much cooler here today, thank goodness. I don't feel well in the heat.
Glad you have a cool day to enjoy PW. I'm the same with the heat, just can't tolerate it when it gets to a certain point in the summer.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
I went off plan last night because of hunger, unfortunately but today I'm trying hard not to turn it into a huge food relapse. So far not perfect today but definitely not what it could have been had I just allowed things to get totally out of hand.

Sunflower, I am not keto. I tried to find that old keto magic again but it wasn't working for me any more. I tried weeks at a time and my appetite never changed and no weight loss. It used to work perfectly for me as an active drinker.

I'm ten months into alcohol sobriety so I've had time to try other things and the FAA diet came the closest to working for me. But there are still some things that aren't quite right about it for me.

My 21 year old stopped me from a binge today, she suggested if I am hungry to just eat more of the allowed foods, and she reinforced our decision to keep junk out of the house. Bless her heart!
I'm sorry I misunderstood!
You have to find what works for you

How great that your daughter helped you today. Keep on staying focused and positive today and you will do just fine! You got this!
Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Gratefully closing on a lovely day of safe food. Had beautiful yoga class too.

SunFlowerLife, I find the heat very draining.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Just signing off for the day. I struggled tonight because I was out and never expect to be confronted with binge food. It’s easier to say no than with the alcohol tho.

I must plan.

Love to All
Old 07-17-2018, 04:14 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Off to my orientation for my new part time gig!

Excited but nervous because I am going to see some people I used to work for. I hate social anxiety but I have been praying all morning and am confident that I will survive this!

Love to all of you!
Old 07-17-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

I was wondering if you had started yet love.

You will be JUST FINE...I promise. They will be so happy to see you!!!
And it will be so easy for you...almost a rest after how much you do every day....so excited for you!!!! ♥♥
Old 07-17-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

I like the phrase "If I fail to plan, then I just may be planning to fail" or something like that.

Sassy, modifying a food plan to suit one's needs sounds like a healthy step to take. What works for me may not work for you. That sort of thing.

Two steps forward and one step back is still progress in my little world.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:19 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Sending out general love to my beautiful friends on this thread.

"If I fail to plan, I plan to fail" sounds just about right for me. I see so many alcoholics getting caught out be unexpected situations, but because I threw everything at not drinking it didn't really apply. I was just spending all time on recovery!

But it certainly applies to the food.

I made a mistake again today. I got so stressed, and duties filled so much time, that now I am waiting for a chicken to cook and I am hungry. (Apologies to all you kind vegetarians out there, I'm planning on dropping meat as part of my recovery but that will have to wait a while.)

I know I'm not going for perfection, but I do feel like it's not a perfect day now. And that thinking leads to a slip for me. I don't know how to plan. Just in the morning? Or a shop list for a week? How do you guys do this?
Old 07-17-2018, 11:21 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Keep Going

How's WORK going Sunny? So good to write that.

Sending mega prayers for your happiness sweetie.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Yep....me too....already screwed up my eating today. Way too tired to eat so I ate toast and cheese and now I am hungry but worried about all of the bloody calories. Sigh. Beans are good....salad beans....do you have Edgell there weev or are they only in Aus? We spent a crazy one-off delivery fee just so Nick could try them and I could eat them again....they are the greatest salad beans in the world....4 bean mix and not in brine but bean juice. Sigh....thank you. I was starving and feeling hopeless. ♥
Old 07-17-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Closing on a safe day of eating.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

My goal is to be a 5:2 vegan

but I've just had a double pepperoni pizza with extra cheese, and 4 chocolate and strawberry ice-cream cones

I'm at the planning stage to reach my goal
Old 07-17-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Trying to write about my day but I’m apparently too tired to form complete sentences of value. My day was great despite the fact that I spent four out of eleven hours in traffic!

Love you guys. I’ll tell you more tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Welcome to the thread RedCardIt, I hope your planning goes well.

Good morning all, checking in for another day of safety with my food.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:24 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hi , quit drinking , now I have big desserts every night, i'm going to get fat if not carefull. 🍰

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have been whining for quite a while, so it's a pleasure to tell you that it was a good day....food-wise, life-wise.....and it is not a coincidence. Of course....making sure I eat, and planning the meals in advance means an easy way to do food without obsessing so much about it (which I do, constantly)....I can let it go. Just make the meals at meal times and done. Well, it worked today.

Goodnight Sunny and everyone who posts here.
Much love. s ♥
this is my first reply , I am on the phone trying to figure out how to do this , so I'm sorry if I screwed this up