Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 392

Old 06-20-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Glad you're with us, SS! 12 hours is a great START!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by slipnslide View Post
10:30 am for me and it has officially been 12hrs since my last drink. I made it 24 days and then fell off the track. Today I’m back on
12 precious hard-earned hours I'll bet! I'm so glad you have found this wonderful thread. An absolutely vital part of every day for me and many others. Welcome!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good evening all.
Life can be like a plate spinning exercise at times can't it? Take your eye off one and off it goes. So many things have settled into place nicely and now Hannah is causing me worry. Worry like back in the bad days. She is very measured and calm but when she goes she really goes. Crying most of the evening and just looking so down. I need to give this some proper thought. A plan is forming in my mind but it's just getting some time to sit with her and give her the support she needs. Sounds silly doesn't it. Support her through 10 weeks of utter freedom. But as many of us know structure keeps us safe. The sudden routine change and tiredness has her spinning. Somehow (and I'm not quite sure how) I need to step in and guide her.
Not tonight though. Last exam tomorrow so it's revision again.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thank God I'm not drinking.
My big baby needs me and I'm going to be there for her.
24 more please. Each one never fails to give me genuine joy. Living at last! ❤❤❤
Old 06-20-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

1st time poster

3:29! Day 2
Old 06-20-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hello Evd123....so glad you are here with us.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Today is a big day for me. I finished a painting and I sent it in the mail to a very happy client. I was able to braid my hair into two braids (a very big accomplishment after growing it back after some divorce related hair loss a few years ago). And I tried on my new bathing suit and it was actually comfortable, just in time for vacation.

A happy Day 14 for me, and I hope a good one for all of you too!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

jojo.....with all love and respect....there are counsellors that work with teenagers....anxiety and such. I would organise that for Hannah...your role with her might/maybe get muddied.....she needs her mum and her friend and her support, but also a safe place to talk about everything privately maybe?? Possibly just a couple of sessions will do it....a tiny bit of guidance that comes from a counsellor who understands the angst that teens go through.....hope I am not overstepping....love you. hmmm.....should I delete...... ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I'll see what she thinks Suze. I see your point I really do ❤❤❤
Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Today is a big day for me. I finished a painting and I sent it in the mail to a very happy client. I was able to braid my hair into two braids (a very big accomplishment after growing it back after some divorce related hair loss a few years ago). And I tried on my new bathing suit and it was actually comfortable, just in time for vacation.

That is beautiful...... ♥♥♥
Old 06-20-2018, 01:17 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

AV really could have went for some wine coolers on this nice day. Instead I pigged out on ice cream. UGH I ate too much and feel gross, but at least I dont want those wine coolers anymore. I am going to get so fat by the end of this....
Old 06-20-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post

Thats great honey. So pleased you have had a good day. I have too. Sobriety rocks. Big hugs. xxx
Old 06-20-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Goodnight Guys
Old 06-20-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Drugged up wit that just may turn to violence.
Fat oafs rushing to place their bet.
Zombies glued to chairs playing the pokies.
Subsidized meals with a free drink
Races piped to the toilet, but no soap......
The bar scene , who needs it?
Old 06-20-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Snufkin;6932250]I like to draw super detailed stuff like that

Wow! Just Wow! Snufkin these are all amazing! I love them all, but especially the cats with the witches house, I have to keep looking at it, it’s fantastic! You have SO much talent. Your previous art teacher must have been jealous of your talent and pretending not to like your work, otherwise just blind... I really hope you get into the art school, they’d be totally mad not to welcome you with open arms 😊
Old 06-20-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

24 more hours of freedom for me❤️
Old 06-20-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Willow68;6932703]
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
I like to draw super detailed stuff like that

Wow! Just Wow! Snufkin these are all amazing! I love them all, but especially the cats with the witches house, I have to keep looking at it, it’s fantastic! You have SO much talent. Your previous art teacher must have been jealous of your talent and pretending not to like your work, otherwise just blind... I really hope you get into the art school, they’d be totally mad not to welcome you with open arms ��
Oh wow, thank you Willow! My work is a nightmare for printers, there's not much contrast and colours are always too dark. I'm actually graduating art school in July. I didn't enjoy it much tho, my Uni was focused mostly on graphic design and business, and not much else.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Snufkin - It is just beautiful. I love your style.

May I please have another 24? Thank you!
Old 06-20-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YCDT2 View Post
Oh my, sorry your 30th wasn't amazing! I'm hoping your sober birthdays made up for all the sucky drunken ones. I am hoping to be completely sober by my 30th! I am 27, so here is to hoping I will have about 2.5 years of sobriety under my belt at that point! God willing!

He already said he would take a break from drinking when we talked. But if he wants one for his birthday I would feel bad asking him not to. Maybe he wont. Maybe it wont come up; but I just want to be prepared just in case. If I drink, he will end up having to take care of our daughter...and I would like him to relax and not have the responsibility on his birthday. I can do this! I manage to not drink in public or for important events, so this is an important event and I can do it!
Yes you can do this YCDT2. I spent my 30th birthday on a bus with a bunch of friends doing a pub crawl, having drinks and shots at every pub. I don’t remember getting home. I do remember the horrendous hangover and swearing off ever drinking again, till the next afternoon when I “needed” a drink to feel better.... Typical of my birthday for the last 30+ years, the drunk nights, memory loss and hangovers, not the bus 😂
Then 2 weeks before my 50th birthday I said to myself “This has to stop. I don’t want this for myself. I want to enjoy the rest of my life and banish the shame, guilt, anxiety and depression forever”. So I stopped drinking and spent my birthday sober for the first time since I was a teenager. It was such a good feeling to wake up sober after my birthday! Soooo good 😊😊😊

Like Venuscat said, talking to him beforehand is a really good idea. Of course he’s not accountable for your drinking, only you are, but having his support will really help. My husband has been supportive of me not drinking. He is a normal drinker and often will have a beer after work. But he stops at 1. I just kept drinking. I used to open a bottle of wine as soon as I saw him crack open a beer but I would drink the whole bottle and usually start on another one, and so it went. Now I make sure I have an alternative drink on hand at all times. Luckily I don’t like beer so that’s not a temptation. Sparkling mineral water or cranberry or grape juice are my current favourites.

Also, if you feel tempted to drink, play the tape forward in your mind to how you would feel the next day. Really visualise feeling like that. And ask yourself if you really want to feel that way tomorrow? Ask yourself how would you feel about your husband having to look after your daughter because you were drunk? My answer to myself is always a big no. I really don’t want to feel awful tomorrow so I won’t drink today and then I won’t feel like that. You can do this! ❤️
Old 06-20-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

A truly magical winter day in Australia. Sunny and crisp at 8am on Thursday morning. Sending lots of support and love to those struggling today. Another 24 for me too please ❤️
Old 06-20-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Snufkin;6932710]
Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post

Oh wow, thank you Willow! My work is a nightmare for printers, there's not much contrast and colours are always too dark. I'm actually graduating art school in July. I didn't enjoy it much tho, my Uni was focused mostly on graphic design and business, and not much else.
Congratulations on graduating! That’s awesome 😊 Hopefully now you’ll be able to focus more on your artwork, it really is great ❤️