Notices

Class Of March 2018 Support Thread - Part 4

Old 08-08-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Just a bump in the river. Panther Creek Falls is where it's at. People don't know, and I don't tell many, how drop dead beautiful the North Georgia mountains are.
But it's so crowded now! Panther creek falls was my first waterfall experience in GA 7 years ago and lit my adventure fire. Sadly it's so packed these days, even with the long hike, that I tend to choose other places. Ugh need to figure out how to post pics! I started talking to my bf when I was 14 and he was 16 on an online message board. Who knew that relationship would land me in this gem of a region. I'm so lucky.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes JayTee
congrats on 5 months GBE

great going to everyone really

D
Old 08-08-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
But it's so crowded now! Panther creek falls was my first waterfall experience in GA 7 years ago and lit my adventure fire. Sadly it's so packed these days, even with the long hike, that I tend to choose other places. Ugh need to figure out how to post pics! I started talking to my bf when I was 14 and he was 16 on an online message board. Who knew that relationship would land me in this gem of a region. I'm so lucky.
I'm talking about Panther Creek in the middle of the Cohutta Wilderness. Not the one right off the highway. (There are two)

It's an overnight trip to get to the top from any direction. But it's stunning climbing up from the bottom in the boulder field.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
I'm talking about Panther Creek in the middle of the Cohutta Wilderness. Not the one right off the highway. (There are tmi koowo)

It's an overnight trip to get to the top from any direction. But it's stunning climbing up from the bottom in the boulder field.
Oh that's right, I forgot there was another one. An overnight trip, you say? Hmmm! I wonder if the cohutta has been reopened.

I am on call this weekend and going to a young people in AA conference the next, sure wish I had a free weekend sooner! Summer flies.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Just checking in here on Thursday afternoon. Took a break for a few minutes as I am working from home today. My freezer defrosted itself without warning yesterday and so I have been cooking packages of chicken sausage out on the grill. Decided to try grilling onions and peppers, found a little aluminum pan and put those on the grill too. Now I have lunch for tomorrow as well as several other meals. I will look like a chicken sausage before it's all over with.

I have double down on this effort. I don't like the fact I have had one or two glasses in the last several weeks even though I have stopped myself in the midst of it. That will undoubtedly at some point lead to being overconfident and that just isn't true. It will always lead down the same path.

Looking forward to the work week ending and just chillin this weekend. Supposed to rain here all weekend. Been that kind of summer.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep gfghting the good foght gang

LHW it helped me to change my thinking from 'it was that last drink that got me' to ' its the first drink that starts the madness'.

I'm glad no madness has ensued but really for people like us it's pretty much only a matter of time?

D
Old 08-09-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! That is a good way to look at it. I have always tried to "play the tape forward" and find that even when I do, I sometimes still do it anyway.

I was indeed lucky that recently I just stopped at one and walked away from it, but you are absolutely correct in that it is only a matter of time before the madness starts all over again. I will try retraining my brain to think of it the way you suggested.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:58 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend LHW, and everyone

D
Old 08-10-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Y'all, I posted a longer one on the 24 hour thread, but my mother, my abuser, contacted me leaving creepy messages on instagram (she must be really messed up it was like 4:30 am and no she isn't an early riser from what I remember) and it is a really big problem for me and I'm terrified, I don't feel safe. This is a trigger. The only thing bigger than this is for her to show up at my work or home. I feel violated as it is. I told her to never contact me again or I will call the police and then I blocked her
Old 08-10-2018, 05:28 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

So Sorry to hear this, Plenny, but you did the right thing. I hope she leaves you alone now! That is scary. Stay in touch with us here to let us know how things are and that you are okay!

Wasn’t aware of a 24 hour thread, I will check it out. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Plenny, that's awful and invasive. Good job for telling her what's up and you're not gonna take any of her ****. Boundaries are for parents like that. I wish my bf was as strong with his as you are with yours. And don't hesitate to do exactly what you said. You have many people at work and in your life that will be there for you physically and emotionally if something does happen with her showing up. Do not let her frighten you. Whatever she has put you through, you survived and you are the stronger, healthier, mentally sane person between the two of you. Don't let the threat of her coming around twist it.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Totally losing it over here
Old 08-10-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Plenny - so sorry! Is there anyone you can call from your AA group or DJTM or someone who can stay with you, or to whom you can go to their place? You shouldn't be by yourself.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:59 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

DJTM was quite insensitive this morning and he is now at work, he has asked me for "radio silence." I tried to go to therapy, there was nothing available. I went to a meeting and that was comforting. I think I might try to sleep a bit even though I drank so much coffee thinking I'd stay up through this day and then work tonight.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Naps are always good, plenny.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

What the heck is radio silence? Not being there for you shouldn't be an option in a situation like this. I'm so sorry Plenny, how about a yoga class? A run maybe to burn off some of the coffee, then a nap?
Old 08-10-2018, 11:45 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I hope going to the court worked out.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I have the papers to send to her county sheriffs office. Then they will subpoena her and then she may show up in court if she chooses to defend herself
Old 08-10-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Which is scary
Old 08-10-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

But not scarier than living with the fear and anxiety on a daily basis or numbing it all with alcohol. You are making positive steps on taking back control in your life and I don't think anything terrible can come from that. It may not be easy in the moment or throughout the process, but in the end you are making the best choice for you <3