Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 391

Old 06-14-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

In for 24 at 22.09

Lyddie - don't be sorry, no need for that on here

CeeFarro - well done on 40 days, and for staying strong.

Kenton - that cracked me up. Stay safe ;-)

Weav - sorry that you're having it tough, whatever happened. Sending love

Wiscober - sending love to you as well. Back on the sober horse
Old 06-14-2018, 02:13 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I feel like so many moms are just looking for drinking buddies. And while there was a time I would have as well, I feel really sad at how hard it is to make friends who don’t drink in this town.

This Mom I have been talking to at events and at a group play date told me today that I should just go home and pour myself some wine when I told her I was having a bad day. I told her I gave up drinking last year, she called me a “strong woman” and said some days she waits until it’s a “socially acceptable time” to start drinking. I am upset because I was hoping for a friendship with this girl as our boys are best buddies at school. But now I wonder if she will even want to hang out with me. She mentioned the other day how another friend of hers comes over and the kids play while she drinks wine with the mother.

I feel like once people find out I don’t drink they don’t want to hang out anymore. We shall see I guess how the summer goes. Hopefully I am wrong. Just feeling down about the whole thing. I don’t know how to make the types of friends I am looking for in the neighborhood. It doesn’t seem easy at all.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Venus & Jo
Old 06-14-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
Same here day 3 checking in 1100.
Glad you are still here Wisc. You can do this. Don’t give up on yourself.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Need another 24 please!
Old 06-14-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sunny....there are tons and tons of sober mums....perhaps it is easier to find them in AA, but really, all over.....I think we keep finding these things that are our challenges until we can work through them. I believe there is a wonderful circle of sober healthy people out there that you will find soon....alcohol aside, there are so many people on massive health kicks these days.....loads who don't drink......we shall find them!!!! ♥♥♥
Old 06-14-2018, 02:27 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

7.25AM Friday 15/6 and I'm all psyched up for another sober day~~~
Old 06-14-2018, 02:37 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
I just apologised to a spider. It is officially the biggest spider I have ever seen. I'm not kidding, this thing is huge....it's definitely not from the UK, it looks like it's from Australia or the imagination of JK Rowling. It's sitting on my bathroom floor, and I was so surprised to see it, I said, 'oh sorry, didn't know anyone was in here' before backing carefully out of the room. I've shut the bathroom door so it can't get out and I'll have to leave it to my husband to deal with when he gets home. I have neither the courage nor the common sense to know how to get it out. We might need to remove the window and get a crane. I'm guessing the spider just wants a break from the wind and rain and that's fine. I got no bad feelings towards the spider .... I just hope it's still there when my husband gets home because if that thing goes missing in action somewhere in this house... we may have to move home.

Hope everyone is OK. 24 more hours for me please xxxx
Maybe an Aussie huntsman. I misread "it wants to break wind" that made me laugh-------
Old 06-14-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Im here for another 24 big ones. Xx
Old 06-14-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Lol Kenton, I’m from Australia and it sounds like it might be a huntsman, they’re really big but totally harmless 😊 🕷

7.50am and a lovely sunny winters morning here in Oz, day 33, another 24 hours please 😊
Old 06-14-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

You know there are lots of Aussies here love.....me....PJ...Kaneda8888....Bub....aussieblu e , and of course Dee. And others...not here right now.... s

(There is no space in aussieblue when I type it....weird....)
Old 06-14-2018, 03:03 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

My brother had a rattlesnake loose in the house when I went to visit one time. It was hanging out under the refrigerator for a while, and he really wasn’t bothered by it like I was. Apparently they prefer to use their inside voices and have better manners than they do outdoors.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
You know there are lots of Aussies here love.....me....PJ...Kaneda8888....Bub....aussieblu e , and of course Dee. And others...not here right now.... s

(There is no space in aussieblue when I type it....weird....)
Thanks venuscat ❤️ sometimes I’ve felt like I’m the only one awake and trying not to drink when everyone else is asleep in the Northern hemisphere, that’s why I joined this thread, hoping there would be someone else awake, it’s so good to know there are people in a similar time zone as me 😊 Thank you 🙏
Old 06-14-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Well, I am in kind of both time zones now....I moved from Melbourne last year to Ohio US to marry an SR.

PS....Got sober, got my life in order for the first time and found my love....never been married....so miracles happen.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Well, I am in kind of both time zones now....I moved from Melbourne last year to Ohio US to marry an SR.

PS....Got sober, got my life in order for the first time and found my love....never been married....so miracles happen.
Wow!! That’s so awesome venuscat ❤️❤️❤️ Congratulations, I love happy love stories 😍
Old 06-14-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

When I was a kid- on a visit to relies in the big smoke from our little country town..they had a property in the hills...about 30 mins from the city...I slept on the floor in a sleeping bag- in my cousins room. He told me the next day, he had 2 black snakes in a pillow slip under his bed....very aggressive, venomous snakes. Inches from me...

I had a pet Huntsman once- Herman.

My crazy Uncle had a bird eating spider as a pet...it lived on his wardrobe...a little extreme for me..
Old 06-14-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Sunny....there are tons and tons of sober mums....perhaps it is easier to find them in AA, but really, all over.....I think we keep finding these things that are our challenges until we can work through them. I believe there is a wonderful circle of sober healthy people out there that you will find soon....alcohol aside, there are so many people on massive health kicks these days.....loads who don't drink......we shall find them!!!! ♥♥♥
I know they are out there- I just really want to meet a mom who is in the neighborhood so we can bring the kids together and be in the same community with the same school (the school is right next to our neighborhood.) I am sure it will happen in time, I'm just not sure how. We have a FB group for the neighborhood parents and I just want to scream, "Any teetotalers out there!!!???"

We actually have our annual block party Saturday night (with booze of course.) Maybe I'll scope out the moms who aren't drinking and try to talk to them. It's more than just the drinking though- I want to find more people like myself- people on a spiritual path who want more out of life the the normal day to day business. I will start praying and visualizing and I know it will happen

Love you...
Old 06-14-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I’m very, very, veerery slowly getting back on my feet after my psychotic episode. Have to figure out what I need to stay sober and well, sane... loads of unfortunate things happened, will try to post about this later.
Thank you for all the PMs - haven’t read them yet, I’m too anxious and um... I don’t think I’ll ever read them, but it’s so kind of you all to care about this poor malfunctioning soul.

PS: turned out I passed all my stupid Uni stuff, tomorrow’s our degree show, but I’m not sure if I want to go - my leg is still pretty messed up - you wouldn’t believe... and I drank yesterday. 100% sure I’m gonna drink tomorrow night if I go... eh whatevs!

Love to all. Gonna start posting more soon. I need to rest.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Oh baby.....oh....just so good to see you......love you honey.....here for you all the way.... ♥♥♥♥♥