Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 389

Old 06-10-2018, 02:37 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Well he came home astonishingly not drunk right after I posted that. I didn’t get too mad but told him I could have used a text to say he’d be out a bit later
Old 06-10-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 06-10-2018, 03:07 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

6:05 am Maryland

Here for 24 more hours of beautiful freedom from alcohol.
Really struggling on the food side of things and I just need extra prayers and support to push me today to keep from engaging in that addiction. I don't want to live like this anymore- I want a better life, the life I gave myself when I stopped drinking. I want that same life with the food.

I am having a rough week keeping myself protected from the noise and chaos of having a husband and two little boys. As an empath, I feel like I am drowning most of the time. Here's an article I got in my email about sound sensitivity. If you are an empath, I encourage you to check out Judith Orloff's work:

https://drjudithorloff.com/science-s...or-our-brains/

I love you all. I commit to 24 hours of abstinence from drinking and compulsive overeating.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Sending love and prayers dearest Sunflowerlife, and my hope that today brings you some quiet time.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Checking in at 08:46 am in Scotland.

I couldn’t sleep at all, but for some reason I’m not exhausted, quite the opposite; I’m actually feeling kinda refreshed and rested...

I feel so bad for my anxiety/depression attack at work yesterday and for being so rude, nervous and snappy to my colleagues... It’s terrible. No wonder I lost my shift today. I wish I could explain why things are too much for me sometimes...
Oh sweety....so we both had a really awful day....
I'm so sorry about the shift today....maybe it's the universe making sure you have a day to rest....you have come so far.....gosh, look at you, all of your uni work went in......that's fantastic...and you know we all understand why it gets too much sometimes....we love you honey. ♥♥
Old 06-10-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
I’m currently having some trouble sleeping because my Bf went out to the bar since he was going to have trouble sleeping and I wanted to sleep.... causing me to not be able to sleep because that was two hours ago. I’m so annoyed. And I need sleep tonight
Zero idea how anyone thinks alcohol will help them sleep....and that is not at all fair.....I would be pretty annoyed as well love....I think I saw an update....reading.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:45 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Morning everyone. Hi Snufkin and Plenny, sorry you having a bad time. It really is a rollercoaster. Snufkin if you feel bad about people at work just apolgise next time you see them, it will mean a lot. But its good you have got out of todays shift, you need the space and time.
I posted yesterday morning about how wonderful I felt. I did everything on my list and was pleased I did, the cake decoration went a bit wrong but it will taste nice. But my mood went down as the day went on. Ended up quite fed up and lonely. I went to bed early to help. I don't know where it came from after the happy morning. It really is up and down this sobriety malarky, only advice I can give (to myself also) is ride it out, it will pass. Snufkin, you should read some of your early posts, you really were struggling honey, and I know you feel bad now but it doesn't sound as bad as you were. Hang in their.

Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
When I read about the AA party and the cake it brought back a really powerful memory for me....I was doing 90 in 90, and I was at my friend/sponsor's house getting read for an AA party, and I was playing with the dogs and suddenly I crashed....how would I ever have the life that my friend and her wife had? I had lost so many years.....I was so happy and so empowered, and I just crashed.

I remember what Angie said to me.....she said it's OK Suze, over and over. It's all OK. Have you had a drink today? No? Good. Neither have I. Emotions pass....just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Then we went to the party. ♥♥♥♥
Old 06-10-2018, 03:51 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
24 for me please.

Congratulations to all our milestoners today and love to everyone else 💗💗

(((Snufs))) I feel you, I'm all over the place and driving myself nuts. Obsessive thinking. Going round and round in circles. I'm just trying to accept that this bit is really hard but it wont kill me. I'm sorry you had such a crap day yesterday. You too Plenny. Love to you both.
💗💗💗
Maybe try and look at it as every single day you are getting better and stronger again....and try to be kind to yourself. You are doing something wonderful, even if it doesn't feel good all of the time. It will. I promise. ♥♥♥
Old 06-10-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

7am here and in for another alcohol free day!
Old 06-10-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Gabe honey ~ I can't imagine that anyone finds it easy to have that kind of challenging conversation with a co-worker....just try and remember to phrase things as I need, I believe, I feel etc rather than you need to.....

And gosh, the work you do is hard honey, lots of emotions involved....these are peoples' lives and their well-being and you care. A very good thing. ♥♥
Old 06-10-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:01am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!!
Old 06-10-2018, 04:05 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sending love and prayers dearest Sunflowerlife, and my hope that today brings you some quiet time.
Thank you my friend. I meditated for half an hour and am currently “hanging out”
in the hammock listening to nature. It’s a wonderful piece of quiet time

Hope today is better for you.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:11 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

And now I’ve got company...
Old 06-10-2018, 04:12 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

support to all
Old 06-10-2018, 04:13 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Plenny - have your tried meditation. I use mindfulpeace on youtube when I'm angry or anxious, it really helps settle your mind and it might stop you from exploding at your BF, when he gets in (don't blame you though!). Deep breaths and remember it'll pass.
Thanks for the tip Gabe. I just subscribed
Old 06-10-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Ha....talking to you in another thread....I see your son is out of his room now....boy do you guys have lovely fit legs by the way!!!
Old 06-10-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

I'm having a burst of inspiration and I'm just going with it.....

I find it so hard to just be myself, to speak my mind and to not feel afraid all the time. All this obsessiveness is really a fear of making mistakes or upsetting people. I need to have a challenging conversation at work with another practitioner and the thought of it is making me physically ill. It doesn't need to be confrontational or even strained but I find it so difficult to say that I don't agree with what someone else is doing or that I think we need to change things. It makes me feel so inadequate and such a coward.

I come from a very academic and judgmental family, so I think that's partly it. I also felt very badly rejected for a long time, so that's partly it too.

I'm thirty seven. I want to be strong and I want to be able to speak my mind. I want to break through this cycle of thinking because it's driving me crazy and always has done. It an expression of my fear but I'm not sure how to trust and become less afraid. I know I can move past it but I'm finding it really hard just now.

I've had my first proper cravings this weekend and it was purely because I hated what was happening in my mind. I got stuck on something I thought I'd handled badly and it just went round and round for hours. I wanted it so badly to stop. That's my work.....I've avoid these feelings for so long that I need to learn how to manage them. I told my AV to sod off because I'm in charge now!

KRIS - you know, your post was exactly what I needed to hear. In the middle of all these feelings and all this confusion the one thing I know for sure is that I will never master this and be who I want to be/who I can be while I'm drinking. So it's using what I have and what I know. Learning the new things I need and sharing my struggles with people here I trust.
WORK, DETERMINATION, BELIEF......................I'm going to do this.

Thank you everyone
Gabe I can relate a lot to that fear of making mistakes or saying the wrong things. I think maybe in our past somewhere along the way we lost trust and faith in ourselves and that’s what we can work on getting back. Once we learn to trust ourselves again perhaps that fear will slowly fade. Also it’s good to remind ourselves that there is no perfection in this world. We don’t need to put so much pressure on ourselves to be or feel or think a certain way. We are all so unique and special and different. One of my favorite mantras from the class I am in is, “it’s OK FOR ME TO BE FULLY ALIVE.” So I say this to you- it’s ok for you to be fully alive! The world needs and wants you here, just the way you are.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:21 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Ha....talking to you in another thread....I see your son is out of his room now....boy do you guys have lovely fit legs by the way!!!
Haha thanks Suze! Now I’m the crazy lady lying in a hammock at 7 in the morning laughing out loud to herself! What the neighbors must be thinking...
Old 06-10-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-390-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 390)

D