SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 71 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/428547-class-march-2016-part-71-a.html)

Dee74 06-06-2018 02:50 AM

Class of March 2016 part 71

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-70-a-20.html

D

Dee74 06-06-2018 02:51 AM

Congrats from me too Bobbie :a122:

D

Thirteenth 06-06-2018 06:07 AM

Since it's slow, I guess I'll claim shotgun with the proviso that it goes to whomever posts after me. You know in the sense that it's meaningless anyway. :)

Have some time off coming up again. Scary since that's my danger time. It's also necessary so work burn out doesn't come to pass. Also gives time to come up with a better plan. Time to attend some meetings; not that that couldn't be worked in to the regular schedule. I'm modestly hopeful for the first time in a while thanks to all of you.

Be well everyone.

PhoenixJ 06-06-2018 06:09 AM

13th- survive and keep going, it's what we do. There are no fails or wrong moves- provided we try and do no harm.
Support to you.

beerbgone 06-06-2018 06:25 AM

Mornin' Marchers.

Pullin' for you 13th. Hang in there and get this done!

Purplrks3647 06-06-2018 07:08 AM

Enjoy your time off, 13th! Perhaps there's a project of some kind that you've been wanting to work on that can have you occupied/motivated? (I should take my own advice 'cause I need to do the same!)

Thanks Dee for the new thread :c017:

Hi Marchers! :wave:

Purplrks3647 06-06-2018 07:12 AM

https://s22.postimg.cc/xc0oq404h/Top...e-memes-21.jpg

venuscat 06-06-2018 07:35 AM

Where's the camera? I can't see it..... ;)

Bobbieka 06-06-2018 07:54 AM

Thanks for all the love yesterday, guys! I really appreciate all of it.

At my meeting last night I got my 2 year coin and I shared.
I shared about the beginning. I wasn't ready to quit drinking but I went to the meetings because my family pretty much made me. I was completely and utterly out of control and making them miserable and scared. So, I kept going, with protests that I wasn't like those people and that I am strong and can do this on my own. I thought the meetings sucked. But I kept going. Then, one day, I realized I hadn't had a drink in a week. Then it was two. Then, suddenly, I'm all in and doing this stuff. I'm just trying to say (and maybe not that well) keep trying. You don't know what's going to stick for you. But if you keep trying, I'm pretty certain something will.

So, yesterday I received flowers from my grand daughter and her mom. Phone calls from my children and someone here at work made me cupcakes. I got my coin and a plant from my sponsor. I mean, I am seriously overwhelmed with gratitude right now.

When people ask me how I did it - I always start with this place. Because that is what got me to the place I was ready to hear the solutions. So truly, thanks for always being here. For listening to my problems, for cheering me on and for being my friends.

Okay, enough sappiness. Have a great day everyone!

Bobbieka 06-06-2018 07:56 AM

June 6, 2018
– NATIONAL RUNNING DAY
– NATIONAL EYEWEAR DAY
– NATIONAL GARDENING EXERCISE DAY
– NATIONAL HIGHER EDUCATION DAY
– NATIONAL YO-YO DAY
– NATIONAL DRIVE-IN MOVIE DAY
– NATIONAL APPLESAUCE CAKE DAY

Bobbieka 06-06-2018 07:57 AM

Thought for the Day

Drinking is the way we alcoholics express our maladjustments to life. I believe that I was a potential alcoholic from the start. I had an inferiority complex. I didn't make friends easily. There was a wall between me and other people. And I was lonely. I was not well adjusted to life. Did I drink to escape from myself?

Meditation for the Day

According to the varying needs of each person so does each person think of God. It is not necessary that you think of God as others think of Him, but it is necessary that you think of Him as supplying what you personally need. The weak need God's strength. The strong need God's tenderness. The tempted and fallen need God's saving grace. The righteous need God's pity for sinners. The lonely need God as a friend. The fighters for righteousness need a leader in God. You may think of God in any way you wish. We usually do not turn to God until we need Him.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may think of God as supplying my needs. I pray that I will bring all my problems to Him for help in meeting them.

Bobbieka 06-06-2018 07:59 AM

I wonder if yo-yo dieting counts...

beerbgone 06-06-2018 08:00 AM

https://s15.postimg.cc/ex39odfyv/337...88258816_n.jpg

venuscat 06-06-2018 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 6918616)
Thanks for all the love yesterday, guys! I really appreciate all of it.

At my meeting last night I got my 2 year coin and I shared.
I shared about the beginning. I wasn't ready to quit drinking but I went to the meetings because my family pretty much made me. I was completely and utterly out of control and making them miserable and scared. So, I kept going, with protests that I wasn't like those people and that I am strong and can do this on my own. I thought the meetings sucked. But I kept going. Then, one day, I realized I hadn't had a drink in a week. Then it was two. Then, suddenly, I'm all in and doing this stuff. I'm just trying to say (and maybe not that well) keep trying. You don't know what's going to stick for you. But if you keep trying, I'm pretty certain something will.

So, yesterday I received flowers from my grand daughter and her mom. Phone calls from my children and someone here at work made me cupcakes. I got my coin and a plant from my sponsor. I mean, I am seriously overwhelmed with gratitude right now.

When people ask me how I did it - I always start with this place. Because that is what got me to the place I was ready to hear the solutions. So truly, thanks for always being here. For listening to my problems, for cheering me on and for being my friends.

Okay, enough sappiness. Have a great day everyone!

Oh....oh....oh..... ♥♥♥♥♥

venuscat 06-06-2018 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 6918626)
I wonder if yo-yo dieting counts...

https://i.imgur.com/32pQ3q8.jpg

FallingLeaves 06-06-2018 08:05 AM

Congrats, Bobbie!

venuscat 06-06-2018 08:07 AM

^^^ What a beautiful avatar. :) Hi. :hug:

Purplrks3647 06-06-2018 08:07 AM

Quote for the day....borrowed from a thread in the Newcomer Forums:

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6918004)
We are stronger than we know - when we give ourselves the chance :)

Purplrks3647 06-06-2018 08:16 AM

A fellow SR member said she knows someone who goes to a 12 step program that doesn't allow caffeine. What the WHAT?!? :yikes:

venuscat 06-06-2018 08:19 AM

Maybe it's Coffee Addicts Anonymous?

Kidding.....that is very unusual, to say the least.

errrrr......looked it up....Caffeine Addicts Anon exists.