Notices

Class of March 2016 part 71

Old 06-08-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oooooo, I did not know that....I thought it was a grammar thing....how funny.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:30 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Second cuppa startin' fluid almost gone.....AV set to strike later this evening!
Try and be ready today love....have dinner organised maybe, and friends to talk to () and something to do that doesn't involve going out with friends who are drinking....and we are all in your corner. ♥♥
Old 06-08-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

OMG!!! Look what I just found on Instagram....so of course I ordered it in purple....no wonder why I can't save any money?!?!?

Now I know what I'm wearing to the next ABR show

Old 06-08-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Love it.

That's awesome, BBG - like Suze I thought it was a grammar thing.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

"Mind your p's and q's" - I've also seen it explained as an exhortation to apprentice printers to select the correct letter when setting metal type, so they didn't choose the wrong one (as the lower-case letters were mirror images).
Old 06-08-2018, 02:41 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I remember that scene in the muppets- where animal is chained up- and a lady walks past- and he keeps trying to reach her shouting our 'woman! woman!'.

Funny how emotions wake up. I am watching (again) a doco- 'Forces of Nature- - Prof Brain Cox. A physicist/cosmologist who is very photogenic and makes science stuff really interesting, a little like Carl Sagan used to (another cosmo't- who was a in NASA with the Pioneer and Voyager space craft- his son's voice is on the golden record). This doco presents human social stories, relates them to a natural phenonema- and ties in the beauty of the nature stuff with physics. I get teary at the human bit. Like a family in the Amazon, who live with a massive tide- bought about by the alignment of the sun, earth and moon- a tidal wave almost big enough to surf. Or a little boy in India getting cataract /lens surgery and seeing for the first time- to do with light.
Better than drinking.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Nitey night friends. It's PJ's and TV time. Thanks for keeping me sober today!

Watch your P's and Q's!!!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Evening!! Looking forward to the weekend. Mostly through with the cold - feeling fine, just a few lingering symptoms that are more than manageable.

Very busy at work - lots of changes. Kind of stressful, but change can be good so I'm keeping a positive outlook.

That show sounds great, PJ. I love things like that.

Not sure of the origin, but I'll mind my P's and Q's just the same

Have a great night!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm home! Still sober.....got my chocolate milk so I'm good for now.

On Instagram my hero posted a quote that says "What if you just turned your magic all the way the f--- on?" My initial gut instinct was that the first step would be to not drink.....I hear ya, boss!!!
Old 06-08-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

CONGRATS ON 2 YEARS BOBBIE!!!!! You’re amazing!!!

Love you!!!

I’m doing well. Still sober. According to my sobriety calculator I have 161 days. But who’s counting? Lol. I don’t really count anymore unless I want to post it here or someone asks. Ha!

Love you all!
Old 06-08-2018, 11:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh you guys what a day!! MAJOR and VERY serious drama with my mom’s probate. Serious damage to our relationships with my sister. I think we are nearing the end of this whole debacle though. Huge fight with the husband over all of it.

I think you all know I love to cook but those who follow me on Instagram know I do. Chef Anthony Bourdain commited suicide today. 😭 He over came (or maybe not suicide makes me wonder) a drug addiction. Sad sad day for us foodies. Chefs are my rockstars.

Wee one is still sick

All around crappy day.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:58 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

(((PR))) I saw that online about Anthony Bourdain; sorry to hear that....and about all the family drama Hope today gets better, as well as little dude

So good to see you Kiki!

Well I'm up super early.....haven't had a hangover-less Saturday in quite a while so I figured enjoy it, have some startin' fluid, check out the meeting schedule, maybe get to the gym, (or go back to sleep!)

Old 06-09-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Kik- who is counting?

Me.

Well done.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Oh my gosh you guys what a day!! MAJOR and VERY serious drama with my mom’s probate. Serious damage to our relationships with my sister. I think we are nearing the end of this whole debacle though. Huge fight with the husband over all of it.

I think you all know I love to cook but those who follow me on Instagram know I do. Chef Anthony Bourdain commited suicide today. �� He over came (or maybe not suicide makes me wonder) a drug addiction. Sad sad day for us foodies. Chefs are my rockstars.

Wee one is still sick

All around crappy day.
I am so sorry about the probate drama....I think I told you that my sisters and I pretty much fell apart after my dad died, so yeah, it's awful. I am sorry love. Glad it's almost over.

I am going to join Instagram...going to have to whether I like it or not, as I will need it for my course....so then I can follow you.

I didn't know who Anthony Bourdain was and looked him up....PR.....I don't believe he meant to die at all, I do believe he was one of us till the very end and accidentally overdosed. Tragic to the max.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:30 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
(((PR))) I saw that online about Anthony Bourdain; sorry to hear that....and about all the family drama Hope today gets better, as well as little dude

So good to see you Kiki!

Well I'm up super early.....haven't had a hangover-less Saturday in quite a while so I figured enjoy it, have some startin' fluid, check out the meeting schedule, maybe get to the gym, (or go back to sleep!)

Go Purps, go Purps, Go PURPS!!!! ♥♥♥
Old 06-09-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Talking Crank up the tunes!!!

Here is a live version of one of my favorite songs "Eye of the Storm" from the new Godsmack album.....check out my boy on drums!

"In the eye of the storm I make my stand
I'm not waiting for the walls to close in
I just brace myself for winds to change their ways"

Old 06-09-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Saturday, Purps - and everyone else.

Sorry for your situation, PR. Sounds like a real bummer

About 7:00am here, which is sleeping in a bit for me - feels good

It has warmed up nicely out here in the valley - maybe hitting 110 today. We'll head up to the lake for a while. We had a bobcat in our backyard yesterday morning. If I can figure out how to upload the pic, I'll post it here.

I'm not sure which death shocked me more, Kate Spade's or Anthony Bourdain's - tragedies both and my heart goes out to their families and loved ones.

Hug the one ones you love - even if they are a plumber!!
Old 06-09-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Mornin' gang. Sippin' startin' fluid and watchin' my P's and Q's.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

He hung himself Suze

Oh man Purps did you hear an alligator killed a woman in Florida 😮 I bet she was trying to save her dog. It had been attacked as well and they found her arm in the gator. 🤢

I am in a massive lazy mode. I just want to be a couch potato.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:12 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Oh crap PR, no I didn't hear that.....I used to live in a neighborhood with a walking trail and a bunch of lakes....sometimes the gators would be in the grass, like right near the path, and people still walked their dogs through there!