Old 07-23-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Prayers B
Old 07-23-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Prayers for Nathan of course and love to all of you. ♥♥♥♥

PJ.....litmus test was successful.
YOU GOT THIS. ♥♥

And D.....please, I have wanted to ask for so long....what did you study when you went back to uni.....was it computer stuff or something else? ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Old 07-24-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Sigh- not quite got this, but getting there
I think the school's approach to disability- is passive support. Tolerate being slower, throw in a few helpful suggestions, but not terribly proactive. Examples being I started writing notes- so I could re script them at home in more detail..and a general comment to the class was not to write notes- and pay attention to what she was doing/saying. Twice mentioned. And a few other things- which are problematic, but I will keep my eye on getting the skills- by working harder at home and smarter. I am not going to fail at this- but that is my greatest fear..but as we know fear is crap- just do it. So I will.
This stuff opened up the ehole can of negative worms about the past. Now no longer in recovery- the safety blanket of on call counselors is gone. I did send an email to the school counselor- she is private and is on site one afternoon a week by appointment and responded- make an appointment. I suppose I am just after reassurance, which is not going to be forthcoming...so time to person up and get adulting.
A little sadness as well..the only peeps who I have not told are family- as they never respond and the feedback is - leave us alone. So layers within layers..I know what to do. Perhaps a little misery guts, but just a little. To think just over 3 years ago- I was dead for a time...I have to remind me- that me is ok. The crap negative mood default is playing silly buggers at the mo.
As one of our PM's infamously said 'life wasn't meant to be easy'.

Support to all.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:11 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

((((((pj))))))
Old 07-24-2018, 03:16 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Old 07-24-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for you and Nathan Bobbie

Like I said in another thread Peej - it took me a while to get used to Uni and for Uni to get used to me lol - try not to let that fear run away with you - I think you're doing great

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

And D.....please, I have wanted to ask for so long....what did you study when you went back to uni.....was it computer stuff or something else? ♥♥♥♥♥♥

LOL definitely not computer stuff Suze - just a BA - I majored in History and English

D
Old 07-24-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Well, I know my friend D would tell me that it isn't "just a BA".....it's kind of awesome....empowering.

Running.....school. xx
Old 07-24-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Love to you PJ....big time....back later. ♥♥
Old 07-24-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I think your're doing pretty awesome, PHX. If it was comfortable you probably wouldn't be growing.

Stretching my own skin a little here. Have published a couple things in an online magazine. About my story and a little about Nathan. Definitely feeling like the emperor with no clothes on. Ah well. I'll get used to it. Maybe. Recovering out loud is kind of scary.

Today Nathan is 119 days clean. Tomorrow is 4 months. After that I think he gets into new territory for him.

Hope you all have an awesomely awesome day!
Old 07-24-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi everyone !!!

It’s shark week!!! 🦈 I threw my annual mini shark week party on Sunday. That was fun. My hubby is on vacation right now and it’s crazy hot here. We pretty much live at the pool. I can’t wait for school to start here next month. We homeschoolers get our pool back 😝 That’s about all that is going on here.

Many prayers for Nathan.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:44 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hey Bobbie!! Prayers for you and Nathan. It's a rough patch - hopefully he'll come through stronger.

PJ, sounds to me like you are doing fine. I'd take Dee's words to heart, don't wear yourself out too soon. You'll adjust, they'll adjust. It will be good.

Shark Week!!! Wooo Hooo

My workweek has started off with a bang, and not in the good way. Things seem very haphazard at the moment, and actually have seemed that way for quite some time. I don't function well in a haphazard world - it's draining - but I know darn well I can't control everything .... actually, I can control very little (if anything)

Have a good night everyone!!
Old 07-25-2018, 05:41 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hidehi folks.
Support, B.

I have worked out stuff. The feelings of frustration and 'not getting it' are the same as those I had in early into the recovery program when I had to do this very d and m homework for weeks..and I did not get it then..and I was petrified my brain was fried forever. But it was not...so I just have to keep plugging away- in small steps.
Went to visit some very old friends- known them for 26 years...they have supported me greatly over the last few years, then went to a meeting- important to keep up a commitment to my recovery- 'cos complacency can lead to replase.

Support to all.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:48 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-72-a.html (Class of March 2016 part 72)
D

Last edited by Dee74; 07-25-2018 at 06:19 AM.