24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 387

Old 05-31-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Great posts.
Checking in @ 0755
Old 05-31-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Jo jo I love you too..... but one little thing..... down here in London town it's still Thursday!!! You got me all flummoxed then.... I had to ask three people at work what day it is. .... and I don't need any more reasons to look crazy. It's Thursday lovely one. I have given you the gift of time xxxx
ha ha ha ha ha!!

Love you my beauty....and please don't EVER change your avatar.
I am happy every time I look at that photo....
Old 05-31-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
Great posts.
Checking in @ 0755
Hi love....how's your hand? And everything else.....how goes it?
Old 05-31-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower79 View Post
Good morning ☀️
I’m committing to 24 more sober hours
Day 136
Originally Posted by SaturatedSeize View Post
Morning all! 24 hours for me please! Stay safe, happy, and healthy!
Oooooo, so happy to see you both in the thread..... s ♥♥♥
Old 05-31-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Checking in at 9:04 am from Ashburn, VA, USA.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:08 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

24 for me please.

Big Congrats to our milestoner today!

Lots of love to you all xxx
Old 05-31-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Thank you Jo. I want to be normal. I am in full on pity mode. So many people in this world far worse off than me. But today it's all about me.
My husband has gone to work today hoping that I'll be sober when he gets home I don't feel physically well enough to go out so here I am stuck with the worst company I could have me me me.

I am so sick of myself. Build my life up. It's good and I kick it to smithereens again. My Mum is getting home again. My Aunty is very close to death. Oh Yeah, bottle of Wine that'll do. Complaining whingey witch that I am. King Alcohol does it for me again. I've had several ropey phone calls thatI can't remember properly, fairly important ones and the only thing I can remember with any clarity is being asked if I was sure I was ok.

I hate this, and yeah I will get back on track. The lows keep getting lower
I really don't/can't /won't get the message. This crap kills but only when it's taken your dignity and self worth with it. Lower than low today.

Sorry, SP
Yes you did get the message. Of course you did.....gosh honey......think about the stuff we learn in the rooms, and here......this is a disease not a personality defect.....you have a lot to deal with.....your mum, your aunty.....I drank through that stuff.....God knows how I was of any use at all. I was sober when my dad was sick and dying.....and boy do I know how hard it was....but I am proud of myself.....

That poison is a liar love, and it has your head in a muddle, mostly because your AV is thrilled and on the mission that jo described.....oooo, if she gets upset enough she will find a way to go down the street and get more.....oooooo.......but jo is right, we can tell it thanks for sharing, and just (swear word) off and leave us alone.

In a day or so, you will feel better.....how about calling someone from AA. Now. Talk love....no on is going to do anything but help you.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I am so scared that King Alcohol is on the winners streak again. The call was with my Mums social worker helping transition back home with lots of draconian things in place to keep her safe & I think she caught me out with my vagueness on how I'll cope. Hubby said I need to
Just stay safe today. And I promise of course but who knows. My sober muscles are weak, I can't stop crying, woe is me. The gifts a bottle of rosé give are endless. I will perch on here for a while. I wish my old Mum was here. She used to make everything better and that's never going to happen again ever and I so miss the ego building, caring lady she was. She was always my one woman fan club. It hurts so much. My aunt is hours/days from death & I haven't seen her to say goodbye. Sorry I know it's the hangover and self pity but I feel so alone. SP x
Old 05-31-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yes you did get the message. Of course you did.....gosh honey......think about the stuff we learn in the rooms, and here......this is a disease not a personality defect.....you have a lot to deal with.....your mum, your aunty.....I drank through that stuff.....God knows how I was of any use at all. I was sober when my dad was sick and dying.....and boy do I know how hard it was....but I am proud of myself.....

That poison is a liar love, and it has your head in a muddle, mostly because your AV is thrilled and on the mission that jo described.....oooo, if she gets upset enough she will find a way to go down the street and get more.....oooooo.......but jo is right, we can tell it thanks for sharing, and just (swear word) off and leave us alone.

In a day or so, you will feel better.....how about calling someone from AA. Now. Talk love....no on is going to do anything but help you.

Thank you Suze, I have spoken to my rehab worker and sponsor been hugged & loved over the phone. I am doing everything to the AV that I can to stop another bad day. To think that just last weekend I was swooning over Marti Pellow in my glad rags, thinking does sobriety get much better than this and wow for nothing,no reason,excuse, let's drink.
I am in such a funk of self pity. Thank you for caring. If it gets much worse I am going to call the Samaritans. SP x
Old 05-31-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

hey Jo - it wasn't a diatribe of pity at all! That sounded like a really horrible situation yesterday and I think most of us would have really struggled with it. I'm a nervous wreck with any type of confrontation and it stays with me for ages, so I feel your pain, I really do.

Great to have you back SP. I've had many day 1s but the important thing is to keep slogging away at it and I'm sure it will stick for you and for all us newbies starting over xxx

Now I'm back at work I'm struggling to keep up with everyone and keep posting. I'm always so tired after work I can't do anything much, so I think I need to get up a bit earlier and check in properly with everyone in the morning. I suck at this work life balance thing. I just wish I had more energy xxx
Old 05-31-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Sweetpeacan honey you can pitch your tent right here every minute of every day if that helps you to work through whatever it is you have going on. Seriously. I mean it.
Look back at my diatribe of pity yesterday. Oh yes I was a big ball of anxious frightened poor-me fear. Apparently I've learned that my neighbour is a turdburger hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though it's never too late to change the course of your day.
You aren't destined to go full steam ahead into a full-on relapse.
Please dig deep and fight it today. Just today and tomorrow we will focus on tomorrow.

We are here day and night for you SP
Glad you're back Sweetpeacan.

Jo, we must remember that "normal people" can be sick, too. Very. We are lucky to have a fellowship and a set of principles of friends who love one another instead of spreading hate. You are a shining example of love, Dear One.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

GOOD Morning Beautiful People!!
Old 05-31-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

24 more, by the Grace of God.

Congrats to all those sober today!!

Prayers for the sick or struggling.

So happy to have a day at home with light rain coming down.

Lots to think about though.

Sending love out to all of you!
Old 05-31-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
Really don't feel like doing this anymore. Tired of feeling excluded from the drinking community and sober community. Been waiting for this f*** it moment to hit and it's here. I'm overwhelmed with working two jobs, one of which requires me to work from home on my own time in the evening. I have no time for fun or hiking and won't for the next 2 months. I know I need to dig deep and find the gratitude I know is in my heart. 24 more hours please.
Sending you love honey.....and I understand....we all do....it's a lot, and you are tired and it doesn't feel like fun right now....but you love your new job....and I know it would be so hard to find the energy to do it if you were drinking....imagine trying to do two jobs with a hangover....nope....one would go for sure and then money would be harder....

I think it's perfectly OK to be sober and a bit ungrateful sometimes....we are human....and feeling our feelings all of the time can be a big pain. I know I don't like it all of the time....just had a kind of crummy hour odd here and I am angry (at myself) and I have a headache. And way too much to do.

We will use out tools love.....we have really good tools....and one hour at a time we will do all of this. ♥♥
Old 05-31-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sweetpeacan - Glad you are here. Sending you more hugs and love to help get you through the day.

Another 24 for me please.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Thank you all. I am so scared that King Alcohol is on the winners streak again. The call was with my Mums social worker helping transition back home with lots of draconian things in place to keep her safe & I think she caught me out with my vagueness on how I'll cope. Hubby said I need to
Just stay safe today. And I promise of course but who knows. My sober muscles are weak, I can't stop crying, woe is me. The gifts a bottle of rosé give are endless. I will perch on here for a while. I wish my old Mum was here. She used to make everything better and that's never going to happen again ever and I so miss the ego building, caring lady she was. She was always my one woman fan club. It hurts so much. My aunt is hours/days from death & I haven't seen her to say goodbye. Sorry I know it's the hangover and self pity but I feel so alone. SP x
Crying with you honey.....my mum was my hero too. I know, gosh it's so hard....

Yuur husband is right.....just stay safe today. Don't worry about what the social worker knew or suspected, lots of people drink too much during stress. If she ever asks, just say it was a bad day....
Old 05-31-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
hey Jo - it wasn't a diatribe of pity at all! That sounded like a really horrible situation yesterday and I think most of us would have really struggled with it. I'm a nervous wreck with any type of confrontation and it stays with me for ages, so I feel your pain, I really do.

Great to have you back SP. I've had many day 1s but the important thing is to keep slogging away at it and I'm sure it will stick for you and for all us newbies starting over xxx

Now I'm back at work I'm struggling to keep up with everyone and keep posting. I'm always so tired after work I can't do anything much, so I think I need to get up a bit earlier and check in properly with everyone in the morning. I suck at this work life balance thing. I just wish I had more energy xxx
Plus, if a few of us (me ) shut up a bit you wouldn't have so much to read.

Honey.....give yourself a break here.....the energy will come. It's early days still. Took me at least a month every time to get my full zip back. ♥♥
Old 05-31-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

24 More is the Plan of the Day!

My thoughts go out to those that are struggling! It gets easier! Alcohol is never going to be the solution to ANYTHING! Just for TODAY, do not drink! Celebrate your victory, then repeat every day. Let sobriety become the NORMAL in your life!
Old 05-31-2018, 07:45 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thank you Suze, Jo, Leigh and everyone. I did use my tools. Gave my mom a call and vented for a good half hour. Asked to have this weekend off or on the schedule to do summer camp preparation. I don't even mind if I'm not getting paid as long as I have time to get it all done. Talked to my bf and we discussed how much better our lives are now and how much worse they'd be if we were still drinking. Looked at pictures of my wrecked car, pictures of my bruised back and contemplated the choices that got me there. Went and got our favorite peanut butter cookie dough ice cream. I hope eventually I can take ice cream off the coping tools list but for now its staying! Thank you for the encouragement! I don't want to get off the sober bus. 24 more please.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:03 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

♥♥♥