Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 387

Old 05-31-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Another 24 hours alcohol free for me, thank you.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Thanks Dee.

Day 1, I hope.

Yep everything going well, Why would I drink and mess up again.

Angst city, can't cope. Another glass of wine....oh dear, bottle empty.
I know what to do and how to do it. I know, I know but well into pity party central. This won't end well.

SP
Sweetpeacan honey you can pitch your tent right here every minute of every day if that helps you to work through whatever it is you have going on. Seriously. I mean it.
Look back at my diatribe of pity yesterday. Oh yes I was a big ball of anxious frightened poor-me fear. Apparently I've learned that my neighbour is a turdburger hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though it's never too late to change the course of your day.
You aren't destined to go full steam ahead into a full-on relapse.
Please dig deep and fight it today. Just today and tomorrow we will focus on tomorrow.

We are here day and night for you SP
Old 05-31-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 10 pm EDT ~ 9.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Alysheba
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
BrandNewDay11
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
cornpone
county111111
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
DonnyB
DreamCatcher17
Endoftheday
erfra7
Free2bme888
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
Irish
Jack16
joandmelandhan
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kit2017
Kris47
least
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Marcutah1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
PhoenixJ
Plenny
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Rowlands1
Saskia
SaturatedSeize
shortstop81
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Stubbs16
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
tomls
turniptheheat
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
wiscsober
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

May 31, 2018

~ every single one of us ~ another awesome day sober!!

Old 05-31-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Love and good morning and sorry I have been late with the lists guys....I had some gnarly challenges yesterday: we had the gas company's contractors using heavy machinery a foot from the house on two sides. No warning of course, no idea why they can't be nice to people...the smell and noise was so bad it made me ill. I called and complained when they burned all of my plants...why not tell me so I could move them at least? Sigh. Sounds trivial but I was miserable to the max....

I will get back on top of everything today, including trying to get some of the anniversary dates that I don't have....I shall message.

Today is another day, filled with possibilities and love. And whatever it holds, sober is most definitely the way to go.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Just caught up on the last thread. Blimey, what is it with neighbours who live across the road?? I used to have the loveliest Scottish lady living opposite me and then she moved out and we got to welcome our very own neighbours from hell. In my last run in with them, they smashed up my husband's van, called me every name under the son, told me they hope I get cancer and die and told my sensitive and kind 9 year old daughter to f*** off. That was the strawer that broke the camel's back. Have a go at me, I can take it but do not swear at my child. Especially not that child. A couple of my kids are so robust .... they can give as good as they get but my 9 year old daughter is like a delicate flower. Honestly, the anger I felt after he swore at her..... wow.....I literally couldn't stay still for days. My body was pumping with adrenaline and I didn't know what to do with all the anger. In the old days I would have drunk and escalated the problem. This time I joined a mindfulness course. My mind still switches to anger every time I see my neighbours but I'm getting better at reigning it in and directing my thoughts elsewhere. It's really difficult but it is possible.

I'm so sorry you had that horrible run in with your neighbour yesterday Jo. Like others have said, it has everything to do with him and nothing to do with you. Remember that it's not the actual event that rocks our world. ... it's our reaction to that event. Let it wash over you ..... don't attach any significance to his actions and words. Oh, and always smile and act happy whenever you see him. Drives the haters mad.

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxx
Old 05-31-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It is Friday again! Therefore I am putting my AV radar on and looking out for any of our gang struggling through the witching hour.
Lyddie are we ready for a love-in later?
Alex can you sit down with your chap and talk to him about how you are feeling? I know you 2 are on this journey together and I'm sure he will be a wonderful support.
Aly if I may be so bold the thing with the AV isn't necessarily to try and ignore it but merely to recognise it for what it is. We are addicted to alcohol. There are times we crave alcohol. There is a voice inside us that sounds like us and will try every little trick to mimic our true selves in order to get it's "fix". BUT IT IS NOT OUR TRUE AUTHENTIC SELF.
It cannot go to the shop, hand over your hard earned money, purchase poison, take poison home, pour out poison, lift glass of poison to your lips, drink poison. You can thank your AV kindly for it's irritating contribution today but no thank you. Today it can kindly bugger off and let you get on with your day!

Oh yes dear 24ers we've got each others backs today!

I'll gladly take my 24 please! My baby is coming home in a couple of hours so I may be missing in action on snuggling duties for a while! Hurrah!
Old 05-31-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

12.01 in the Ballearics

Signing in for 24 more please.

Much love to you all. X
Old 05-31-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Thanks Dee.

Day 1, I hope.

Yep everything going well, Why would I drink and mess up again.

Angst city, can't cope. Another glass of wine....oh dear, bottle empty.
I know what to do and how to do it. I know, I know but well into pity party central. This won't end well.

SP
My love.....trying to catch up on your posts.....I was reading the thread you posted (in)....sorry, still half asleep....maybe we can talk on the phone today love.....it was wonderful last time....

This doesn't have to become your demise.....and your husband will be OK when you are....it might take a bit of time.....gosh.....over and over I messed things up.....we all understand this and care about you and just want to help you get through this.

Love you Sweetpea. ♥♥
Old 05-31-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

24 more hours, no matter what❤️
Old 05-31-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi jojo darling....need to read your post, just saying I love you first. ♥♥♥

Looks like there were lots of new people overnight....my night.....WELCOME to every one of you....I will come back and chat in a bit. xxxxx

Old 05-31-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Kenton that picture of your dog is literally the cutest!!!!

Told your daughter to f*** off???????????
I literally despair of how rude some people can be...…

I'll let you into a secret. There is a wonderful sweet kind person round here who messaged me yesterday. She was just the best and helped top-of-the-tree-jojo get nice and calm and snuggled. Naming no names but she is a black feline ball of wonderfulness
Old 05-31-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ahhhhhh jojo......thank you baby....i love you to pieces sweetheart. xx ♥♥♥
Old 05-31-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Jo jo I love you too..... but one little thing..... down here in London town it's still Thursday!!! You got me all flummoxed then.... I had to ask three people at work what day it is. .... and I don't need any more reasons to look crazy. It's Thursday lovely one. I have given you the gift of time xxxx
Old 05-31-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Sweetpeacan honey you can pitch your tent right here every minute of every day if that helps you to work through whatever it is you have going on. Seriously. I mean it.
Look back at my diatribe of pity yesterday. Oh yes I was a big ball of anxious frightened poor-me fear. Apparently I've learned that my neighbour is a turdburger hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though it's never too late to change the course of your day.
You aren't destined to go full steam ahead into a full-on relapse.
Please dig deep and fight it today. Just today and tomorrow we will focus on tomorrow.

We are here day and night for you SP
Thank you Jo. I want to be normal. I am in full on pity mode. So many people in this world far worse off than me. But today it's all about me.
My husband has gone to work today hoping that I'll be sober when he gets home I don't feel physically well enough to go out so here I am stuck with the worst company I could have me me me.

I am so sick of myself. Build my life up. It's good and I kick it to smithereens again. My Mum is getting home again. My Aunty is very close to death. Oh Yeah, bottle of Wine that'll do. Complaining whingey witch that I am. King Alcohol does it for me again. I've had several ropey phone calls thatI can't remember properly, fairly important ones and the only thing I can remember with any clarity is being asked if I was sure I was ok.

I hate this, and yeah I will get back on track. The lows keep getting lower
I really don't/can't /won't get the message. This crap kills but only when it's taken your dignity and self worth with it. Lower than low today.

Sorry, SP
Old 05-31-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

24, please.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Jo jo I love you too..... but one little thing..... down here in London town it's still Thursday!!! You got me all flummoxed then.... I had to ask three people at work what day it is. .... and I don't need any more reasons to look crazy. It's Thursday lovely one. I have given you the gift of time xxxx
Hahahaha!!!!!
Oh dear this half term has sent me loopy!
Too excited to get my Melly home!
Old 05-31-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

SP hate the addiction not yourself honey. I know today is going to be a minute-counting anxiery-ridden horror. I'm just so upset for you.
Don't hold it in. Not for us. Let it out. You're safe here.
I was literally hand-held through my darkest days. You can post here every minute if you need to.
I'm not the praying kind SP but today I will pray you get through.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Old 05-31-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good morning ☀️
I’m committing to 24 more sober hours
Day 136
Old 05-31-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning all! 24 hours for me please! Stay safe, happy, and healthy!