Leigh
Old 05-16-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

24 hours sober please.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Please stay very close.((((Snufkin)))
Not going anywhere, Leigh. ❤️ I’m still in bed with a wicked nauseating withdrawal, I can’t make myself drink or eat anything and the shakes and sweating seem to be getting more intense, but I know tomorrow will be a little bit better... or at least I hope so.

I still can’t believe I could’ve died that night... It has shaken me to the core.

Thank you all for being here, I wouldn’t be able to find the strength to keep going without your support.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

(((Gabe)))
(((Snufkin)))
In fact (((group hug)))
Small comfort I know but it took a hard slap across the face with horrendous withdrawal for me to stop. I genuinely didn't think I was going to make it for 6 torturously long days. Minutes felt like hours and the fear was acute.
I clung on to this site for dear life and was hand-held every step of the way.
I want you to do the same.
Don't be shy, polite or think you are bothering anyone because you certainly are not.
EVERY MINUTE AWAY FROM THAT POISON IS A MASSIVE VICTORY.
Thank you for your honesty and you have helped me to put my own things into perspective and appreciate my sobriety through new eyes today. Without it I am nothing
I'm doing my best guys. Doing my best to focus on the positives but it is tricky right now. It's 9 days since "he" left and not a word. I'm slightly on edge all the time waiting for him to get in touch (I have got half of his belongings at my house). Plus today the girl at work I have issues with and she has complained about me to the boss so I will have all of that to deal with tomorrow at my annual review.
In a nutshell serenity is a little dot on the horizon right now.
But hey life is still life isn't it?
Catch you later gang
Old 05-16-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

(((Snufkin))) You're very brave.

I'm in for another 24. Love you all! 8:23 am CA PST.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Not going anywhere, Leigh. ❤️ I’m still in bed with a wicked nauseating withdrawal, I can’t make myself drink or eat anything and the shakes and sweating seem to be getting more intense, but I know tomorrow will be a little bit better... or at least I hope so.

I still can’t believe I could’ve died that night... It has shaken me to the core.

Thank you all for being here, I wouldn’t be able to find the strength to keep going without your support.
Here with you honey....literally....hope you can feel us. s

Please.....sip water.....keep it next to you and just take small sips.
Do you like marmite? If you do and you have some, please try and eat a small piece of toast...even just with butter. It will help with the nausea....and please don't punish yourself sweetie.....if it is terribly bad, call your doctor. And if you can, have a shower....I know I can barely do that either....I am going to need help after being so ill, but it always makes me feel a little better.....hang in there....never again do you have to do this....

So much love. ♥♥
Old 05-16-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

jojo honey....one thing at a time dear friend....right....the girl at work, blech, I hate that....but I like to be reminded that in a landslide election of 70%, 30% of the voters still said they don't like the dude who won.....meaning of course that everyone can't like us, isn't going to. We will rub some people the wrong way just by breathing....and then of course there are the kind of people who complain to your boss behind your back....karma I say, and grow up by the way (her)....I'm sure whatever it is/was will be easily remedied....if you are worried ( I would be too) I would knock on my boss' door and say I'd really prefer to sort it now so there are no hurt feelings or concerns.....

Best advice re your guy: pack his things and U-Haul them to his house. Or whatever they have there. You don't need to wait around for him honey....take control.

Serenity shall be ours.....we will grab it with both hands. ♥♥♥
Old 05-16-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Venus, I hope you are feeling better, my love. You sound like you're still struggling.

Good vibes and all my love, Aly xxoo
Old 05-16-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm good as long as I sit down Aly love.
Getting a bit better for sure.
Just not good on my feet....very very dizzy.
(Which isn't that bad without the hungover part actually. ).
Old 05-16-2018, 08:50 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Here with you honey....literally....hope you can feel us. s

Please.....sip water.....keep it next to you and just take small sips.
Do you like marmite? If you do and you have some, please try and eat a small piece of toast...even just with butter. It will help with the nausea....and please don't punish yourself sweetie.....if it is terribly bad, call your doctor. And if you can, have a shower....I know I can barely do that either....I am going to need help after being so ill, but it always makes me feel a little better.....hang in there....never again do you have to do this....

So much love. ♥♥
^^^^^ yes this dear Snufkin.
Little sips, tiny mouthfuls of food (I found yoghurts, porridge and bananas were all I could face) and rest.
It's just the worst sweetheart I know.
Is your bf with you?
Company can be good too (even just knowing someone else is in the house)
And at night if the fear gets too much leave the TV on very low volume it helps to break the silence.
If you starts getting worse please get back to A & E.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
jojo honey....one thing at a time dear friend....right....the girl at work, blech, I hate that....but I like to be reminded that in a landslide election of 70%, 30% of the voters still said they don't like the dude who won.....meaning of course that everyone can't like us, isn't going to. We will rub some people the wrong way just by breathing....and then of course there are the kind of people who complain to your boss behind your back....karma I say, and grow up by the way (her)....I'm sure whatever it is/was will be easily remedied....if you are worried ( I would be too) I would knock on my boss' door and say I'd really prefer to sort it now so there are no hurt feelings or concerns.....

Best advice re your guy: pack his things and U-Haul them to his house. Or whatever they have there. You don't need to wait around for him honey....take control.

Serenity shall be ours.....we will grab it with both hands. ♥♥♥
The work thing doesn't worry me too much Suze I will face the conversation with control and dignity tomorrow. I think part of it is that the old me put up with bad behaviour from other people but now I won't. Especially when she (in my eyes) bullies the junior members of staff.
Pathetic I know but if I take his things back then it really is over. This no-mans-land is just a little easier right now......
I'm sorry you are still ill. You really need a break love
Old 05-16-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Snufkin and Gabe, I'm so sorry you are both struggling but happier than ever that you are here with us and recommitting to your sobriety. I promise you it gets easier, just don't give up and keep coming back. Let us know if you need extra support the minute you need it, that's why we are here.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

12:08 pm

Late check in but having a good day so far. Had to restart my binge tracker but it's okay. I found an absolutely amazing podcast on sugar addiction and am almost 100% convinced that I am just one of these people who can never have sugar or flour in moderation and that it will be best if I cut it them out alltogether. This means I need to give up my stevia and sugar alcohols too as I think they are interfering with my blood sugar.

Sigh...I almost binged again this morning- it's just like drinking for me. A hangover is relieved with more of the substance that caused the hangover. But I didn't give in. Instead I had a great home workout and now I'm going to shower and make some breakfast (or lunch, whatever it is- first meal of the day for me.) I've mapped out my food for the the day to help keep me accountable and I am going to work on the yards sale purge for the small amount of time I have left before I pick up my little one.

This week we are focusing on the heart chakra in my class. It was a very touching class last night, my favorite part being when we walked around the room in silence, stopping and hugging the people in our paths. The hugs were so deep and powerful that when I sat down afterwards my body was actually rocking from the pulsing of my heart in my chest. I've never felt anything like it before.

Just wanted to tell you all how much I LOVE YOU. I really do. If I could I would hug you right now...
Old 05-16-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
12:08 pm

Late check in but having a good day so far. Had to restart my binge tracker but it's okay. I found an absolutely amazing podcast on sugar addiction and am almost 100% convinced that I am just one of these people who can never have sugar or flour in moderation and that it will be best if I cut it them out alltogether. This means I need to give up my stevia and sugar alcohols too as I think they are interfering with my blood sugar.

Sigh...I almost binged again this morning- it's just like drinking for me. A hangover is relieved with more of the substance that caused the hangover. But I didn't give in. Instead I had a great home workout and now I'm going to shower and make some breakfast (or lunch, whatever it is- first meal of the day for me.) I've mapped out my food for the the day to help keep me accountable and I am going to work on the yards sale purge for the small amount of time I have left before I pick up my little one.

This week we are focusing on the heart chakra in my class. It was a very touching class last night, my favorite part being when we walked around the room in silence, stopping and hugging the people in our paths. The hugs were so deep and powerful that when I sat down afterwards my body was actually rocking from the pulsing of my heart in my chest. I've never felt anything like it before.

Just wanted to tell you all how much I LOVE YOU. I really do. If I could I would hug you right now...
Oh, how we love you, dear Sunflowerlife!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:56 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

another 24 please.
Just remember we are all in this together. ODAAT.
Babs
Old 05-16-2018, 11:17 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I"m checking out for today and putting my broken body back to bed. I'm sorry I haven't all your individual posts but I appreciate so much everything I have read here today and all your support. It's made this bareable.

Snuf - I'm right here with you. 💗
Old 05-16-2018, 11:27 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Go to bed sweety, but stay close.....we love you. ♥♥♥♥

And hi Sunflowerlife my love. ♥♥♥♥
Old 05-16-2018, 11:41 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hola all. Im in for another 24. Glad to see you back Gabe. We are with you. Xx
Old 05-16-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hello all! 24 more hours for me. Sign me up. Feel fantastic today!
Old 05-16-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi Taz.
Wonderful to hear...and sorry I missed you from the list.....you will be on tonight for sure. With love. ♥♥♥