Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 33

Old 06-06-2018, 01:13 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

That's a sad story about his organs shutting down Obo , …. sorry for your loss .
Old 06-07-2018, 10:27 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks foe thw support you guys.....

Bleak raining and cold here. Im finding my thoughts drifting back to my old friend. In a way it was like looking in the mirror.....

Im in for the bargain this weekend....
Old 06-08-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Can’t imagine Obo, but sure it must be very “sobering” to have seen your friend that way. Such a devil of a thing......In for the bargain too.....early appointment with councilor this am before work. TGIF.....ready for some time at home. Have a good day all
Old 06-08-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

In

D
Old 06-08-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Early appt, busy day at work & glad to be home for the night. I’ve had a really good week at work & with what looks like good news from the bank RE: refnancing home. The program I bought the house under was one which I own the house but lease the lot. Looks like they will approve me to purchase the lot which will allow me to sell if I decide to, rather than rent out. This is what I’ve been dragging my feet on & what I’ve been working towards so very proud of myself for finally taking the steps I needed to make this happen! I’m seeing some light at the end of this tunnel. Will be bitter sweet leaving here but I feel it’s the way God is nudging me. Have a good night All!
Old 06-08-2018, 06:53 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post

…. finally taking the steps I needed to make this happen! I’m seeing some light at the end of this tunnel.

What great news Mariah !!

Got a call yesterday from work , and they said a fellow accepted their offer to work Friday nights ,...as he works two nights here already ,...along with a full time day job as a personal trainer at some posh gym .

So next Friday night will be my last. and I can return to my Sun. / Mon. night schedule .

Rained all day long here ,..but slowly bringing the cycling workouts up in frequency and intensity .

The LBS took care of some work my old off road desperately needed ,...as it turned out . New rear cassette ,..new chain ,..and steering problem corrected with all new bearings up there .

Got a chance to try it out that night in the wee hours with my old LED headlamp all powered up with a fresh charge on the separate lithium battery . Carry a back-up battery also,... it's one thing if my cell phone charge goes low ,...but this island can get super dark some nights . No street lights anywhere ,.. so finding myself mid trip 7 or 8 miles from home after work with a dying battery on an overcast black night could be a grueling finish .
Old 06-09-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Obo, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That must have been a very painful experience to have watched him deteriorate so badly.
Very sad.

Saturday here, in for the Bargain, of course.

Outside in the garden, trying to clear some weeds. It's a never-ending job, and not very satisfying. But I'm using it as a meditation practice. Trying to focus on the process, in the moment rather than the end result in the future. It's hard.....I just want to get it over and done with, so I can get on with other things. Not very mindful.

Anyway, back to it I suppose
Old 06-09-2018, 07:06 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good Mornin' everyone !

The weeds have gone off the charts here Free ,... I planted some spouting potatoes ( leftover ,.. sweet and russet ) in the rain yesterday ,...as per some 2 minute instructional u tube video . Have zero experience growing any ,...but thought they might have a chance to survive the thievin' deer if they grow .

..probably more just an excuse to get them off the counter and get myself out in the rain really ?!?

Old 06-09-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad your being cautious with riding TS sounds like it will be smooth sailing with your new parts!

Staying mindfulnsure isn’t as easy as it should be Free.. hope you find some peace & rest too. I’ve been sorting & cleaning for 8 hrs & only 1/2 done but had enough for the day & is rainy here too today.....we’ve had record warm tempetures for the month so nice to cozy in here now & rest. Part of my move I’m hoping to make will be getting rid at least 1/2 my “stuff”.

Hope everyone’s doing OK.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:51 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Tops,I did the same with some potatoes that had started to sprout. Really just to rid myself of the guilt about wasting food. They have some good leaves already, and I think I'll get a small crop later. Some good news....there were no runner bean casualties last night! My daily morning vigilance about rehoming the tyrants seems to be working at last.

Mariah, have you decided where you'd like to move to? Presumably you'll want to stay local to your work place?

I used to really enjoy moving house, but as I get older, it seems like a lot of hard work, and very stressful. It sounds like you're approaching it systematically and sensibly....with great courage too!

Off to visit my dad in a little while. It's a beautiful day, too good to be driving down the A30 in the heat, but needs must I suppose.

Have a great Sunday all.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope you enjoyed your day Free I’m not sure yet where I will go...I’ve been looking at a place but after exploring the neighborhood behind it today, I’ll be looking . Home prices are really high here right now but as I’m looking for a small place, close but out of town. I’ve been here for 10 years & kind of exciting to think of a change

Have a good week all
Old 06-10-2018, 04:01 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'll bet that is , kind of exciting Mariah , ..

( many times, .. ) smaller= simpler .

And simpler looks wa..aaay better the older I get !?

That's great news about the marauding bean plant *tyrants* Free .
Rehoming indeed .

Are you putting them in the landscaped areas at work ?

….just to say "good mornin' y'all "

Was sweatin' it out today restoring a utility trailer project . Will be able to reverse ( flip side up ) the 2 x 8 treated lumber and reuse it ,....and have ground the majority of the rust ,....and applied a coat of rust killer . ( 24 hours works the best I found )

Prepping for some epoxy 2 part primer I picked up at the dump in the hazardous material section .

Already have some good oil ( black ) for finish coats . The trailer is pretty old ,..but probably less than 1000 miles on it . I've always over greased the bearings good before a trip out of town ,....so those babies should be like new . The tires look new , for sure !

Only one more working Friday now ,....
Old 06-10-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

oh . …. Been watching Inspector Lewis Masterpiece mystery ,...set in Oxford ,..UK

Lewis is from a working class background ( up North ) and his Detective Sargent ( Hathaway ) is a gifted student of the arts and literature who graduated Cambridge ,....and left Seminary to become a cop .

Great set-up !

I especially love the architecture ,...…. and apparent boatloads of leaded glass ,.... plus the Pilkington Glass everywhere . I used a ton of Pilkington in my work ( Spanish Manufacturer )
Old 06-11-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Lewis was the assistant detective to Morse - it's like the next generation. It's an iconic series. Morse used to drive a lovely old car, I think it was an old classic mark 2 jaguar. I'm glad you're enjoying Lewis, Tops....Oxford is a lovely city.

My day went well, Mariah, thank you. My niece and her little girl were also at my dad's place, it was lovely to see my grand niece, she's only 2, and such a live wire.
Children are a real tonic (in small doses, that is!).

Tops, you seem to be able to find the most exotic things at the dump!

Hope everyone's had a great start to the week.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

'

Will have to revisit Morse ,.... there's plenty of reference to their time together.

Really enjoyed Endeavor ,....but not sure I recognized the setting specifically as Oxford .

The rain held off long enough to get an initial coat of that fancy epoxy primer ,...with a second coat of Kilz ( white exterior primer ,...more salvage from the dump )

I only have one niece ,...and one * great niece * ,.....you've reminded me I should make a concerted effort to spend some more time with her . My niece and I are close ,...but I was a depressed self absorbed drunk all those years my great niece was really young .

Was thinking just today on the way to work ,....just how shockingly miserable my life had become . There are no words to describe the essential reality of it all .
Old 06-11-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi all......busy work day then came home & was going to cut dead blooms off the rhododendron bush & ended up spending about 1 1/2hours cleaning some beds, spraying down the front porch & watering. Too nice not to stay out

Time to wind down here tonight
Old 06-11-2018, 11:21 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I need to see more of my niece too, Tops.

One of the things that came to mind while I was on my retreat, was how extraordinary it is to be around people who are attempting to be as authentic as possible. It's hard for us to be true to ourselves, especially around family, but it is such a blessing to others if try. The thought came in to my head that it would have been so wonderful to have had someone like that in my life when I was my niece's age. It's so scary to allow that vulnerability, but what a gift it would be. I don't know how it will pan out, or even if anyone will notice, but I'm trying to be as open as possible when I'm with people. My ego still has a lot to say, but I can at least see when I'm being usurped

Mariah, hope you've enjoyed being in the garden, I'll be out there too if the weather hold for this evening.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:46 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Friday here....

I'm in for the bargain.

Things are beginning to settle down a fraction mentally.

It's good to read all your posts...

Hop everyone is doing ok!

Old 06-14-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good sober weekend obo and everyone
In

D
Old 06-14-2018, 10:10 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I’m in........ you have a good weekend too Dee glad your feeling better Obo....I’ve about 30 days & have felt better this last week than I have for awhile. Your on the road!

I have a house full tonight & through the week-end, oldest brother & Family for a step Nieces wedding. I’ll be going to the wedding Saturday, down on the river, should be fun. Probably quite the party after , which I might go to for awhile. No desire to drink & I am glad for that.

Long day ahead tomorrow, have a great weekend all