Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 4

Old 05-23-2018, 07:44 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Stressful day! Work, customers, family! Big blow up with my son and I! Teenage boys can be a PAIN!! He is a good kid though in the big picture, if only he would treat me with more respect...

Through all the angst today I haven't felt an urge so that's good. And I'm finding myself giving people on other threads advice and that helps me to to actually practice what I preach..

I guess everyday can't be pleasant! Tomorrow is a fresh canvas...
Old 05-24-2018, 09:37 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Sunshine, sorry about the stress.
IWTA, congrats on 16 days!!!!! I still get choked up thinking how grateful I am to have been able to stop drinking. It was life altering. This is hard work, but it's worth it.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Day 16 no drinks...chugging along...with long weekend coming up...I am vigilant...there is always a part of dark mind trying to tap on the shoulder. I know I am going to stay sober. It has been great experience being sober. Anybody going thru such an anxiety please share what you are trying to do....

One moment at a time and one day at a time. Thank you all for you awesome support......Have a great evening!
Old 05-24-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

IWTA- you may have seen these, but here are a couple of good links. Stay vigilant.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html (CarolD's tips for cravings)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-recovery.html (101 Helpful Hints For Recovery)
Old 05-24-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I still get choked up thinking how grateful I am to have been able to stop drinking. It was life altering. This is hard work, but it's worth it.
I get choked up sometimes too man. I saved what you wrote below on 4/7/17 into my plan and I noted "tears." I did pretty good last year at over six months straight poison free. This time I feel even more resolved. Your support means so much, thank you thank you.

Major dude congrats on Day 20, JCNY. I think this is going to be the new normal. It is for me and it's manageable. We aren't missing a thing except hangovers and loss of dignity and self respect. I'm soooo frigging happy for you and the progress you're making. I think that it's almost becoming second nature to you now, and that's when it gets easier and the rewards start rolling in. Sobriety becomes second nature. AV diminishes. It's a complete win win all the way around.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

IWTA... I have always had a pool party or a party on Memorial Week-end. Peeps are hitting me up lookin for the invite. Well... not this year. I am still having a pool party but with a select few that are totally safe. So remember we are as good as the company we keep, so choose wisely during this vulnerable time during early sobriety. Stock up on AF beverages like flavored sparkling waters...!! Add fruit and put it in a pretty glass. Its really nice and refreshing. Keep close to SR and think about joining the week-enders thread I bet it will be poppin this week-end. We are a team or should I say a band! and we stick together. Stay close and remember alcohol does absolutely nothing for you.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

OH yeah... at the grocery store today... lol I wanted to discreetly ask if they carried AF wine... I know I know not a good idea but I wanted to know. So I was very quiet when I asked the clerk. Well... he didn't know and called his manager on the intercom and asked my question. I was sooooo embarrassed. lol

Then... a lil man was there with his display of samples and I thought it was sparkling water and he called me over and offered me a sample. And I asked for watermelon... Well thank goodness I took a closer look to see it was malt liquor. I said oh no, I don't drink. He said, well it's only 4.5%... I said right back, do you want to see me take off all my clothes? ... He was utterly speechless... I didn't even think about the words that came out of my mouth. And the lady behind me was laughing out loud and she said, I'll take one... and I said you can have mine too. I walked away and the man was still speechless... lollololol

Moral of the story my local grocer does not sell AF wine and they give away free samples of booze disguised as sparkling water. See the triggers are always there.. no matter what. Just have to stay strong. Small victory!
Old 05-24-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

OMG Sunshine, you are friggin hilarious!!
Old 05-24-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey gang. Sorry I’m super busy with work lately. I see everyone is still around and doing well. That’s good to see. Hopefully I’ll have a little more time starting next week. Stay strong!
Old 05-25-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi All....

Thank you JC and Sunshine72 and all....

Good morning...Day 17 no drinks...thank you all for the advice...yes, i am going to be extra vigilant and cautious...I will try to come here more often than i have been....one moment at a time...one day at a time.....Have a peaceful Friday!
Old 05-27-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Wuz up, how's everybody? Personally, I'm still in a bit of a funk and was having urges yesterday. AV was thinking to enjoy the day outside with beers and a BBQ. I used my tools including playing the tape through and texted with some sober friends. As I was going to bed last night, I was so happy I made the right choice. I went out to NYC with a couple of friends on Friday night and was fine not drinking. In fact they were asking me why I wasn't and agreed with me when I stated all the benefits of being sober.

Just writing this post is giving me a little boost. We have a lot to be grateful for, let's not forget what brought us here.

Sunshine, we're fast approaching 100 days

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-27-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good job, JC. Drinking really doesn’t make a get together any better, but when we’re so far removed from the negative consequences, that AV can make us remember the few good parts about drinking, while neglecting to remind us of the consequences that are sure to follow. Way to resist!
Old 05-27-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

JCNY-woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot!
Old 05-27-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good morning...Day 19 no drinks...thank you everyone for your support...It's beautiful outside and hot!...I am going out on a long drive....

Keeping vigilant and staying sober and strong...one day at a time....

have a peaceful and wonderful Sat..
Old 05-27-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
Good job, JC. Drinking really doesn’t make a get together any better, but when we’re so far removed from the negative consequences, that AV can make us remember the few good parts about drinking, while neglecting to remind us of the consequences that are sure to follow. Way to resist!
Thanks for this man, it's so true and I need to remember it. Glad to see everybody checking in, let's keep the band together
Old 05-27-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JC-NY View Post
Thanks for this man, it's so true and I need to remember it. Glad to see everybody checking in, let's keep the band together
No problem, my friend. I was offered and re-offered alcohol yesterday, and it was super easy to say no as I watched one person getting louder and louder as she drank. Tuesday will be four months; I feel like sobriety is taking this time, but this accountability to each other is great, and it may just be the deciding factor one day.

I’m in the garage building cages again. This sobriety thing has got me going crazy with productivity. I’m reading again, too! This is nuts.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hey y'all. Sober pool party successful! Heading to local lake to enjoy sunset and jamming out to some Sex Pistols!
Old 05-28-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Triple digits! 100 days. JCNY virtual fist bump
Old 05-28-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Way to go, Sunshine! That’s awesome!
Old 05-28-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hey all...Good morning...day 20 no drinks..

Yesterday, was great went for a long drive and while driving back in the evening...the urges and cravings hit so f..in high....i don't know ....i drove to Wisconsin...There is booze every where....streets, roads, and there was a concert which I didn't go...they had booze flowing in water fountains I guess...almost everyone was high walking every where...felt that local govt mandates people to get buzzed on Sundays...lol.
It was not much when i saw all that...but while driving back i was tired and may be a little hungry...that's when urges hit...I regained my real conscious after I ate few candies and gulped down a bottle of sparkling water...Close encounter of my dark mind with me...I survived !...

Living one day at a time and one moment at a time....have a great Memorial day! Stay-In Sober and Liv-In Sober!...Thank you all for the support...Love and Hugs!