Notices

Class of March 2016 part 70

Old 05-14-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Where’d everyone go?

Bueller Bueller? 😂
My name is Ferris.....and I took the day off.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Suze- yep that's the book

Sam- I know what to do. Saw my GP today, psycho-ist tomorrow, e recovery program counsellor, avoiding ACA meetings so I do not obsess, still going to meetings, doing HALTS crap and a huge amount of art. So doing ok- although this is really crud.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It really is crud. Funny, I was thinking about my abuse on the way to work and my wandering mind led me to wondering if my mother married at such a young age (15) in order to escape abuse. She has never talked about it, but I personally know that household was unhealthy. Glad you are getting to confront some demons, PHX.

Had a good Mother's Day. Visited with Nathan last night. He is doing well and is in better spirits since last week. I really enjoy our talks when I visit him.

Have a great day, guys!
Old 05-14-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

May 14, 2018
– NATIONAL DANCE LIKE A CHICKEN DAY
– NATIONAL WOMEN’S CHECKUP DAY
– NATIONAL UNDERGROUND AMERICA DAY
– NATIONAL BUTTERMILK BISCUIT DAY
Old 05-14-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

Having gotten over drinking, we have only just begun to enjoy the benefits of A.A. We find new friends, so that we are no longer lonely. We find new relationships with our families, so that we are happy at home. We find release from our troubles and worries through a new way of looking at things. We find an outlet for our energies in helping other people. Am I enjoying these benefits of A.A.?

Meditation for the Day

The kingdom of heaven is within you. God sees, as no one can see, what is within you. He sees you growing more and more like Himself. That is your reason for existence, to grow more and more like God, to develop more and more the spirit of God within you. You can often see in others those qualities and aspirations that you yourself possess. So also can God recognize His own spirit in you. Your motives and aspirations can only be understood by those who have attained the same spiritual level as you have.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may not expect complete understanding from others. I pray that I may only expect this from God, as I try to grow more like Him.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey gang - back from a weekend in STL. Had a real nice time with my son and his girlfriend. I've always enjoyed that city, and got to see some new parts this time.

Back to the grind today, but it should be a good week.

PJ, good luck with everything - that's a lot to take in.

Sam, Bobbie and all the other Mom's - hope it was a nice day for everyone

Don't drink - it's not smart!
Old 05-14-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks, MITA. You sure did pick a hot and humid weekend to be here. Glad you had fun. Maybe next time we can grab a coffee.

So, this just happened. Kamry's mom asked me to babysit. This is the first time ever. My heart is overflowing. Sobriety really is the gift that keeps giving.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:47 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Freakin beautiful love.....so happy for you.... ♥♥♥♥

Sorry to be so quiet..very sick.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hope you start feeling better, Suze.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:51 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Thanks, MITA. You sure did pick a hot and humid weekend to be here. Glad you had fun. Maybe next time we can grab a coffee.

So, this just happened. Kamry's mom asked me to babysit. This is the first time ever. My heart is overflowing. Sobriety really is the gift that keeps giving.
We managed the heat okay, but it definitely made us kind of pace ourselves. I discovered this coffee chain you have out there - Kaldi's - I had more than one cup from them, that's for sure. Very nice people at the place I went to. Congrats on the baby sitting gig

Hope you get better fast, Venus!!

An uneventful start to the workweek for me - a welcome change Hope everyone had a nice Monday - Happy Tuesday to the Australians!
Old 05-14-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Okay - my week is a little less uneventful now

During dinner I broke off part of one of my bicuspids. (I think in the dental world they would refer to it as the lingual side of #12?). Anyway, not a big fan of the dentist but I certainly have to go and get it fixed. I'm not in any pain from it - so that is good.

Going the dentist kind of stresses me out - but it's one more reason to not drink. Hangovers and dental work do not mix - I'm pretty sure I posted on here some time ago about the time I had a root canal done while suffering from a massive hangover - I thought I might die

I've got decent dental insurance and hopefully it will be all fixed soon!!

I will keep smiling
Old 05-14-2018, 08:50 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Getting old sucks. ��
Old 05-14-2018, 09:30 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Back again! Had a good weekend hanging out w/ Mom...she said I overdid myself spoiling her for Mother's Day....I have a feeling I was trying to overcompensate 'cuz I was also drinking. AV's trying to get me to moderate on weekends....plus I turn 41 this Friday....Great!

Glad to see you all! Hope you're doing okay
Old 05-15-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Purps I really hope you can make a strong plan, learn to reach out instead of goign with the flow and and have your next year booze free.

You really won't know yourself in 12 months time if you do

D
Old 05-15-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

What he said, Purple.

I really wish I could put into words how different my life is. You guys know my relationships have healed. There is so much more, but the biggest thing is the way I look at myself. Hugs, Purps. Your biggest gift you could give your mom would be you, present.

Morning not so chatty Marchers.
Hope everyone is doing well and living life.

Hope the the tooth thing is easy to fix MITA.

Have the best day ever, March people!
Old 05-15-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

May 15, 2018
– NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CHIP DAY
– PEACE OFFICERS MEMORIAL DAY
– NATIONAL NYLON STOCKING DAY
Old 05-15-2018, 08:26 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I am sooooo glad we don't wear nylons anymore.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:26 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

In A.A. we find a new strength and peace from the realization that there must be a Power greater than ourselves that is running the universe and that is on our side when we live a good life. So the A.A. program really never ends. You begin by over coming drink and you go on from there to many new opportunities for happiness and usefulness. Am I really enjoying the full benefits of A.A.?

Meditation for the Day

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." We should not seek material things first, but seek spiritual things first and material things will come to us, as we honestly work for them. Many people seek material things first and think they can then grow into knowledge of spiritual things. You cannot serve God and Mammon at the same time. The first requisites of an abundant life are the spiritual things: honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love. Until you have these qualities, quantities of material things are of little real use to you.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may put much effort into acquiring spiritual things. I pray that I may not expect good things until I am right spiritually.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:14 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Purps I’m a May baby too! My poor mom I was due the beginning of May but didn’t show up until around Memorial Day.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

When nursing you could hear the crackle of female nurses wearing white nylons