Notices

Class of March 2016 part 70

Old 05-11-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

We can depend on those members of any group who have gone all out for the pro gram. They come to meetings. They work with other alcoholics. We don't have to worry about their slipping. They're loyal members of the group. I'm trying to be a loyal member of the group. When I'm tempted to take a drink, I tell myself that if I did I'd be letting down the other members who are the best friends I have. Am I going to let them down, if I can help it?

Meditation for the Day

Wherever there is true fellowship and love between people, God's spirit is always there as the Divine Third. In all human relationships, the Divine Spirit is what brings them together. When a life is changed through the channel of another person, it is God, the Divine Third, who always makes the change, using the person as a means. The moving power behind all spiritual things, all personal relationships between people is God, the Divine Third, who is always there. No personal relationships can be entirely right without the presence of God's spirit.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may be used as a channel by God's spirit. I pray that I may feel that the Divine Third is always there to help me.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I’m going to have to participate in eating what I want while watching the Twilight Zone today! I thought maybe the syfy channel would have a twilight zone marathon today but no 😡

Off to make some startin fluid. ☕️
Old 05-11-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I posted a thread in the News/Pop Culture forum ~ Duff McKagan from GnR just celebrated 24 YEARS of sobriety yesterday! Holy crap!!!
Old 05-11-2018, 10:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi peeepools. A little quiet today- not quite sadness, but feeling terse. Missing family I suppose. I know not to isolate and drove to libraries in far away land..then drove home though the hills. Did my HALTS and mindful crap..a little better.
Support to all.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning!!

PJ - great job knowing what to do and then practicing it. ❤️ Are you reading anything interesting??

BBG - sorry you didn’t like the wedding. I didn’t watch it but with all the hype I expected it to be amazing. And speaking of weddings - anyone planning on watching the Royal Wedding next week?!? I’ll be up early for it!!

Purplrks - 24 years!! Wow! That’s awesome!!

Well on my way out the door. Gotta remember my umbrella - it’s a soggy one.

Happy sober Saturday!!
Old 05-12-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! You folks seem to be doing pretty well

Sorry about you cinco de mayo event, Purps - but I do like those rocks!

That Tas Devil AV is pretty spot on for me too!! Just doing the ODAT thing lately. Being sober but lacking the time and energy for “recovery”, if you know what I mean.

Bobbie, I am in your town this weekend. I can feel your warm and strong thoughts even better right now. We figured if the boy can’t make it home for Mother’s Day, we’d bring Mother’s Day to him!! A few activities planned. Some BBQ, for sure - Salt & Smoke. And some place called Vincent Van Doughnuts.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 05-12-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

This is the best place for BBQ, MITA. Don’t believe what Kansas City says. You fell in on a hot one.

Hope everyone enjoys this weekend. Having lunch with the kids and my mom today. Then we have the girls again. Not sure how that happened, but I can’t say no.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I feel lazy today so it’s coffee and the food network for the next few hours 😉

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 05-12-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Just popping in to say hello! I don’t know if I mentioned this before but while I was in treatment a few months ago I started drinking ALOT of caffeine. I think I was sorta using it as a “crutch” for a while. Well, I’ve recently decided to give it up because I was drinking WAY too much (Diet Pepsi by the gallon!) and it started to make me feel like poo! Anyway...I quit cold turkey 48 hours ago. MAN has it been rough! I’ve been sleeping or laying around in my house for 2 days. Sooooo boring!

I found a really great Facebook support group for people trying to get off caffeine & it’s really been helping me. Caffeine is poison to me! Anyway...I know it’s better than alcohol but I can’t WAIT to be free of it & get my energy back!

I’ve realized I have an addictive personality! Duh!!

Anyway..happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there & love you guys!

Days off alcohol: 133
Days off caffeine: 2

Old 05-12-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
This is the best place for BBQ, MITA.
Depends on what you call BBQ.

Old 05-12-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sam- I have 3 books on the go...one 'The fatal shore' about the colonising of Aust by the English, two- 'The myth of your addiction'...using buddhist stuff to heal and the third historical book by James Clavell in the 'Shogun; and 'Taipan' series. I make reading something (anything) I do when I sit at the table and eat.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Just sayin' hiday Marchers. Hope everybody's weekend is goin' great!!!
Old 05-13-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Where’d everyone go?

Bueller Bueller? 😂
Old 05-13-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Out doing the living thing I hope.

I just tested the "new, fresh Double Quarter Pounder with cheese" at Mcdonalds.

There's enough salt on that to cure a ham. JHC, all flavor is overpowered by salt.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Trach- perhaps it was a medieval burger. Meat was preserved by the fat and salt- check the expiry..'use by 1345'......
Old 05-13-2018, 08:22 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Just saw my GP. Unsurprisingly my depression score is up- but as usual I am atypical. This is be-c of the news I got recently..I posted on a new thread after thinking it over. When I was very young, my dad (the priest) was befriended by a senior youth worker- who then got involved in activities for young boys through an Anglican church fellowship. This guy was a serial paedophile who abused at least 200 boys. He used my dad and other priests (my dad's bro- the other priest) to get access to young boys...from the info I have gathered- there is a probability he abused my bro (the dead one who drank to oblivion) and there is a possibility I was. The paedo was listed as a person of note at a judicial inquiry at national level (a Royal Commission) and committed suicide days before he was due to testify. This piece of info explains a great deal about my foo. I am okay- still absorbing.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

PJ - I truly hope that "the truth will set you free" and that the universe will give you all the nurturing you need. I'm in awe of your courage and tenacity. Be good to yourself, you deserve it.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Had a nice Mother’s Day yesterday. I worked but heard from all of my kids and received a couple bouquets of beautiful flowers (also woke up to a significant amount of cat puke this morning due to said beautiful flowers but what can you do...lol)

PJ - good to take time to absorb. That’s a lot of information to take in. When you are ready talking about it with a professional helps (but you already know that) And I agree wholeheartedly with Caramel - take good care of yourself. You’re worth it. ❤️

Well on my way out the door. Hope we hear from some more people!! Miss you guys!
Old 05-14-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Sam- I have 3 books on the go...one 'The fatal shore' about the colonising of Aust by the English, two- 'The myth of your addiction'...using buddhist stuff to heal and the third historical book by James Clavell in the 'Shogun; and 'Taipan' series. I make reading something (anything) I do when I sit at the table and eat.
Is this the right book love?

Old 05-14-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Just saw my GP. Unsurprisingly my depression score is up- but as usual I am atypical. This is be-c of the news I got recently..I posted on a new thread after thinking it over. When I was very young, my dad (the priest) was befriended by a senior youth worker- who then got involved in activities for young boys through an Anglican church fellowship. This guy was a serial paedophile who abused at least 200 boys. He used my dad and other priests (my dad's bro- the other priest) to get access to young boys...from the info I have gathered- there is a probability he abused my bro (the dead one who drank to oblivion) and there is a possibility I was. The paedo was listed as a person of note at a judicial inquiry at national level (a Royal Commission) and committed suicide days before he was due to testify. This piece of info explains a great deal about my foo. I am okay- still absorbing.
OMG. I shall look for your thread.