Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 3

Old 05-05-2018, 09:09 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I hope your feeling better this morning viper ! Good morning all from day 5 it's 7.10 and beat get my sobor ass to work !
Forecast rain today here ... Which will mean I'm mega busy at work as the tourists have nothing better to do than eat and drink!
Yassas!!!! 🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷
Old 05-05-2018, 09:22 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good to see you Strawberry! Have a fantastic day 5!

Time for me to go to bed. Daughter and had a great evening shopping and had Panera for dinner (I love salads). It had been too long since we had done a girls night out. We go out a lot on days when the boys are in schools but at night we both agreed seems more special. So I will be making sure that is a priority this summer.
No drinking urges this evening. So glad. Still on guard but starting to feel a little more even keeled and normal now.

Wishing a great day/night for all of you Awesome Apriler's.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:35 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Good to see you Strawberry! Have a fantastic day 5!

Time for me to go to bed. Daughter and had a great evening shopping and had Panera for dinner (I love salads). It had been too long since we had done a girls night out. We go out a lot on days when the boys are in schools but at night we both agreed seems more special. So I will be making sure that is a priority this summer.
No drinking urges this evening. So glad. Still on guard but starting to feel a little more even keeled and normal now.

Wishing a great day/night for all of you Awesome Apriler's.
Good night chick ! How many kids do you have ?
Old 05-05-2018, 11:12 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Greetings April friends!

Just checking in to say hello!

Another sober day comes to a close for me and I'm so grateful!

Woke up a little moody today and I'm going to bed with a smile. I'd say that is progress !

Day 34. The best is yet to come!

G'night all.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:09 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Fresh coconut water and a salty pig in a blanket (fat pork hot dog wrapped in dough and baked, you guys have those everywhere?). Lying in bed for a little while. My parents go to church every Saturday evening and I get 2 hours of total chillax time.
How are you feeling today? My go to hangover food is (was!) Big Mac, large fries, chicken nuggets with sweet n sour sauce and a large diet coke!. It's safe to say I ate way too many of them this year.
I really hope you are feeling better x x
Old 05-06-2018, 12:27 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning April's!
It's a beautiful sunny day here in the UK. I am so grateful to have woken from a sober sleep and look forward to another sober day. When I wake I read AA's daily reflection for the day and pray to God.

At my woman's meeting on friday I was given a flyer for a workshop called Girl Talk. It is a weekend at a hotel for women who are in the fellowship, not neccessarily alcoholics so maybe Narcotics Annonymous for example. I have decided to do it! For £200 I get an ensuite room and all meals included. You get 2 workshops to choose. I have chosen Being financially sober (as spending is another addiction I have!) and Rediscovering Fun!!! You also get something creative to choose plus a meditation so I have gone with Spiritual Wardrobe and Guided Meditation.
It isn't until November so I am hoping and praying that I will have 6 months of sobriety by then. I feel a bit nervous about it but also very excited. I have never done anything like this before. The only excitement I have ever felt was at the thought of my next drink. I mean, how sad is that really? 6 months is quite a way away but it will soon come round, one day at a time.

I really love that I can share this with all of you. I really wish we could have our own little face to face group with each other!

Today, I am grateful the sun is shining, I am hangover free, I am spending time with my beautiful daughter and gorgeous nephew whom I can be 100% present for both and I am grateful for hope.

Have a good day everyone x x

P.s my daughter still has nits aaaggghhhhh!! So off to buy some more shampoo in a bit. Am trying to find something to be grateful for in this situation but am struggling. Still, progress not perfection hey? haha!! X x
Old 05-06-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I hope you're all well. I'm posting from my Kindle, which isn't the easiest for me so I'm just doing a general post as it's too much like hard work replying to all the posts. Have no fear though, I'll have access to the laptop later and I'll catch up with you all.
It's the most beautiful, sunny day here which makes me feel so much better in myself so I'm not going to waste it. I'm going to get out in the garden and do some work, there's plenty to do and I find it so theraputic. I had a really lovely day yesterday with my little grandson, we took a picnic and his scooter to the park and then we we came back home we had a water right in the garden with power blasters and water pistols. My husband joined in too, we were all soaked but it was good to have some fun family time. The A.V has been quietly beckoning me, especially when I take my g.son home and have to drive past all the beer gardens and people sitting outside restaurants
eating and drinking. It's not been loud enough to make me listen though, but I am aware it's there and I'm being very wary.
I best go and do a bit now. I wish you all a better day than yesterday and I send you all my love. Back later.

Just for today....I will take some action that will move me closer to my dream. Xx
Old 05-06-2018, 03:09 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Strawberry, I can't believe how different you sound, it's heart warming to see you being so positive, I'm so proud of you, stay strong and keep posting.

Viper i'm sorry to read about your slip but I'm very impressed at how you came straight back posting, that just shows how much you want this. You are stronger than even you know and I firmly believe that you can do this. Stick close and keep posting. Xxx

Suze, I look forward to your posts, you are such an inspiration.

See you all later. Xxxx
Old 05-06-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I just read that Dee has 11 years and 1month today. Wow, that gives me so much hope, that's epic. Congrats Dee. X
Old 05-06-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks DaisyBelle

I rarely quote myself but this is a post I wrote to someone earlier:

I didn't think I'd ever 'get it' either.

I think I was expecting something like a blinding flash of light and BAM I'd never want to drink again - but it didn't happen that way for me.

I had to fight - I made an action plan - every time I had the urge I would come here, or I'd exercise or I'd phone a friend or try to meditate...

I'd think about HALT (hungry angry lonely tired) and try to do what I could about that (eating something instead really helps)

I'd think about that rationalisation that a blowout every so often was ok and I'd 'play the tape through' to other times when I thought that and stayed drunk for weeks.

I read about and opracticed techniques like Urge Surfing and discovered that sn urge doesn;t have to end in a drink.

I'd re-read my old posts here to remind myself of the struggle I'd already been through, and I'd post to others -- not only would that hopefully help them. but it helped me too...I discovered I know what to do - I was just bad at taking my own advice.

If I was feeling low, depressed or self loathing, I made it a point to see someone about that, or read about things that might help me change that negative self talk and deal with it in healthy ways without having to punish myself for being me.

And so...I found that was 'the secret' - no BAM but a lot of hard work, a decent plan with lots of easily accessible drinking alternatives and a using my support network.

It's no a constant slog either
The more work I put in the easier it got

Today if my AV was to act up I'd be all one eyebrow raised and

You made 3 weeks yeah? thats nothing to sneeze at...It shows you can get sober - now you gotta work on the next level, staying that way.

I believe you can do it

There's no magic trick - it's hard work to stay sober...

but thats good news because it means anyone can get sober and stay that way once they accept the level of change and work required, at least in the beginning

Congrats to all of you for your milestones, no matter what say it is, and thanks for sharing this day sober with me

D
Old 05-06-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi again,

I've managed to grab the lap tap for a short while. My husband has been doing some work on it but has gone out now to visit his mum's grave and to meet his brother.

Hi lovely Strawberry, just read about those Brits drinking beer for breakfast, yuck, not all Brits do that you know, it's just that sadly there seems to be a certain sector who go abroad specifically to drink all they can, cause trouble, be rowdy loud mouths and give us Brits a bad name. I personally would never drink beer for breakfast, I couldn't fit it all in, lol. You have one of the most difficult jobs for someone who is working on staying sober.

Viper, I hope you are feeling better today and looking after yourself rehydrating with lots of water and eating healthy food. You can do this.

Hi Erratic, I bet you're as tired as a new mum with all that running about and getting up in the night you're doing. Remember that in order to look after someone else well, you have to look after yourself too. I hope the baby is doing well and mum too. I bet your daughter feels blessed to have you helping her. Take care. xxx

Hi Lovehoops, I hope all is good with you. How's the garden coming on? We've still got a fair bit to do in order to get ours all ship shape again. x

3trees, thanks for sharing that song, I couldn't stop singing it last night though lol. All this working outside must be catching, that's you, Lovehoops and myself at it. I love how productive I am when I'm not drinking, I get so much more done. x

Hiya Donny, I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Have you plucked up courage to go to a meeting yet? Glad you had no further nightmares, though the dream you did have was an odd one. I wonder what the meaning behind that was.

Chick, how lovely to spend some quality time with your daughter, I think we need that some times.
I was sorry to read about your granny, it was sort of bitter sweet for me. I recently lost my beloved dad to Dementia. It has to be one of the cruellest diseases. We looked after him at home to the end, he was like a new born then. Bless him.

Suze, you did amazingly well at your brothers b.b.q. and what a lovely day you had for it. The women's meeting sound really good and what a good idea having child friendly meetings, I've never heard of that before, they must be really helpful for the mums with young children.
Wow Suze, that weekend away sounds good and what good value. Go for it.
Re the nits, pesky little buggars they are and so persistent too. When my g.children had them last year my daughter was advised just to comb hair conditioner through their hair and leave it, apparently the nits can't cling to it. It did work so it may be worth a try. Oh gosh, my head is itching now!!!

Bluesey, a massive well done on day 34, that's so impressive, that'll be me in a few more days, can't wait. You're sounding good, keep it up. You've got this. x

Right, I'm off back to the grindstone. Laters xxx
Old 05-06-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee for sharing that. It makes interesting reading.x
Old 05-06-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Morning April's!
It's a beautiful sunny day here in the UK. I am so grateful to have woken from a sober sleep and look forward to another sober day. When I wake I read AA's daily reflection for the day and pray to God.

At my woman's meeting on friday I was given a flyer for a workshop called Girl Talk. It is a weekend at a hotel for women who are in the fellowship, not neccessarily alcoholics so maybe Narcotics Annonymous for example. I have decided to do it! For £200 I get an ensuite room and all meals included. You get 2 workshops to choose. I have chosen Being financially sober (as spending is another addiction I have!) and Rediscovering Fun!!! You also get something creative to choose plus a meditation so I have gone with Spiritual Wardrobe and Guided Meditation.
It isn't until November so I am hoping and praying that I will have 6 months of sobriety by then. I feel a bit nervous about it but also very excited. I have never done anything like this before. The only excitement I have ever felt was at the thought of my next drink. I mean, how sad is that really? 6 months is quite a way away but it will soon come round, one day at a time.

I really love that I can share this with all of you. I really wish we could have our own little face to face group with each other!

Today, I am grateful the sun is shining, I am hangover free, I am spending time with my beautiful daughter and gorgeous nephew whom I can be 100% present for both and I am grateful for hope.

Have a good day everyone x x

P.s my daughter still has nits aaaggghhhhh!! So off to buy some more shampoo in a bit. Am trying to find something to be grateful for in this situation but am struggling. Still, progress not perfection hey? haha!! X x
We had a nit outbreak... I tryed every shampoo ect... I got nitty gritty metal comb from Amazon... Gone!
Old 05-06-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, just a quick check in and off to church.
Strawberry, you are sounding great and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Suze, the getaway sounds great and what a way to reward yourself with 6 months of sobriety than to totally pamper yourself!! Hope your go for it.
Daisy, no weird dreams last night, just a peaceful nights sleep, though I did have trouble falling asleep after watching my hockey team lose to Washington! Oh well, hope you have or should I say are having a wonderful Sunday since I think you are 4 hrs ahead of me.
Viper, hope you are hanging in there and back on track.
Lovehoops, Erratic, 3trees, and everyone else, hope you all have a wonderful, sober day today!!<3
Old 05-06-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Giving it another try I’m not okay with being an alcoholic so day 1 hopefully everyone is doing okay thinking about y’all
Old 05-06-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Glad to see you Nichole, and thinking of you too. Do it one hour at a time or even one minute if you have to. We all believe in you and you can do this. Sending hugs and so much love your way
Old 05-06-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning class.

Great to see you Nichole.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

So very, very happy you're back here with us Nicole. You deserve the better life sobriety will bring you. Its doesn't matter how many times you've tried and failed, the important thing is that you keep trying till you've got it. Never, ever give up. Sending you a big gentle hug. Xxx
Old 05-06-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning April peeps
I am waking up to my 22nd sober morning in a row (but who's counting? lol) My scrapbooking weekend was productive and a lot of fun. But I'm happy to be home. I have always been a homebody but that included drinking at home alone so I know I need to push myself out of my comfort zone and keep myself busy and doing these types of things more often. Today after I get my grocery shopping done I want to set my office up to be more of a craft room/office hybrid. That way I can more easily spend time scrapbooking when I have the free time.
I see some of us continue to do really well and others are struggling. If things are well for you ...awesome job and keep fighting the fight! If you are struggling please don't give up! Keep coming back....you are worth it and living a life of sobriety is so much better than being submerged in the habitual cycle of addiction. It's not easy but it is so worth it.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

You have a good day to Donny! Enjoy church ! I can't go now until October it's crap working 7 days a week!!!!
Nicole you and me have been trying from December !! We can do this !
Mega storms here ! It's amazing !!
I survived a weekend sobor ! Whoop whoop my April peeps !