Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 3

Old 05-04-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Checking in an saying Goodnight. It's been a wonderful day. Glad as always to be sober. More tomorrow. ❤
Old 05-04-2018, 10:37 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Morning. Wow everyone is sounding really good and upbeat. What a difference not imbibing poison makes to us all!
Strawberry you sound like a different person, well done on 3 days 😀😀😀

Can I just say? I HATE ALCOHOL!!

I didn't have time to post yesterday. Had my eyebrows done, went to women only AA meeting, had my nails done, packed for the weekend, picked daughter up from school and drove straight to a friend's where we stayed last night and by the time I got into bed I was like you Daisybelle I couldn't keep my eyes open!

Obe thing that happened. As we came out of school my daughter needed the toilet so we went into a pub (one I have been in many times) to use their one and WHOA it kind of got me. The familiar smell, the new terrace garden, where there were a couple of cider bottles and glasses still lingering. With, I might add, still some drink left in them!! Eh? I never understood how anyone can do that! A chalk board advertising a jug of pimms . I felt like the air left my lungs for a bit. It wasn't as strong as others I have had but it was a craving nonetheless. It just shows how insidious this addiction is and how vigilant we need to be.

Anyway, I am so grateful for another sober day and to be waking hangover free and to be walking this walk with all of you.
Nichole, I really hope you are feeling better today. You can do this you just have to fight for it. You are worth it so start fighting!!
Just tony, if you are reading, please come back!

I hope everyone has a good day and remember DO NOT PICK UP A DRINK NO MATTER WHAT!!
X x
Old 05-04-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
Day 20 here....whoop! I will be spending my weekend scrapbooking with a dear friend. Very much looking forward to a relaxing and sober weekend doing something that I haven't been able to do much of the past few years due to my chronic struggle with depression and alcohol. I am so grateful for sobriety today and this weekend I am going to submerge myself in a hobby I used to love but forgot about due to drinking. Yesterday I said that the single most important thing you can do to get sober is to totally surrender to the fact that you cannot control your drinking. This is true to GET sober but the single most important thing you can do to STAY sober is fill the void that alcohol filled. And that is so hard. But if you don't fill the void you are what they call a dry drunk and white knuckling your way through sobriety is not sustainable.
Sobriety is NOT a sacrifice. Sobriety IS an opportunity. An opportunity to do a million and one things you could not do when submerged in your addiction.
I challenge each of you to either pick up an old hobby or find a new one. WIth sobriety anything is possible. Instead of focusing on "I can't drink" focus on "I can (fill in the blanks)". Exhaust your body with laughter and joy instead of alcohol and depression.
I wish all you lovelies a wonderful sober day and weekend. Stay strong, stay close, and stay sober <3
I love this chickchick. You are so right and your positivity is infectious!!!
Old 05-05-2018, 12:48 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning my lovely Aprils

I hope you are all good and well and sober of course. I didn't sleep too well last night, very restless and I couldn't get comfortable, I'll be wilting by the time this afternoon comes. It is an absolutely beautiful morning though, the sun is shining, the sky is clear, the birds are singing and I'm up and sober to appreciate it all. Hopefully I'll get a bit of work done in my garden later, though I have got my grandson, so he may have other plans for me.

I hope you had a good nights sleep Donny, with no axemen chasing you, I'm glad I didn't read your post before I went to bed or they would have been chasing me too.

Well done on day 10 Habslefan, double figures for you. Keep it up.

I hope you have a restful night lovely Chick, nothing tastes as good as being sober feels. See you later. x

Good morning Suze, I missed you yesterday. I'm glad that you're taking care of yourself, getting your nails and eyebrows done, you'll be looking all glam now for the weekend. Enjoy it, looks like we're in for a few sunny days.
What did you think of the ladies only meeting? I have never been to one of those. I can imagine those feeling you had when you went in the pub, they hit you from nowhere, but you did well to recognise them for what they were. The dreaded A.V, we must always be vigilant.

Hi Dee

I can only re-iterate what Suze says,Tony and Nichole, Red too, if you are lurking in the back ground reading, please post andcome back to us, you are missed and we want you back in the gang.

That's it for now, I'm going to have breakfast, something healthy for me like weetabix, banana and yoghurt. My grandson wants pancakes...eek.
I hope you all have a better day than yesterday and I'll catch up with you again later. Much love to you all. xxx

Just for today..I will take responsibility for everything that happens to me.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:20 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Morning all !
Hot hot hot here !
Crazy Brits drinking beer for breakfast ... You can tell there hungover yuck!
Wish I could attach a photo of the view from my office!!!!
Got one million things to do when I get home... But drinking won't be one of them!
If I were to send a summer in this bar the way I did last year I will be dead.
Have a great day all
Nicole where ru?
Old 05-05-2018, 02:20 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Ugghhhhh!!!!!! Birds are chirping. Dunno what happened after I got home and drank a ton.

This is horrendous. I started getting really itchy for it and a little sweaty and used no tactics, nothing. Just ran for it.

5a.m. Going back to sleep
Old 05-05-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all, i am able to be on this morn for short time, so thought jump in here and say hello x

still another sober day, i am so glad to be sober as i would never been able to cope with daughter and grandson, as i am having to be up alot at night and through the day, not like i am used to which is normally 2hrs sleep twice or once a day and then early night until 6-30 in morn. so a total reversal lol

Here is a lovely sunny and warm day, hope u all have great day and good job strawberry on day 4 xx u are doing well x
Old 05-05-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Erratic, glad you are sober to help and enjoy that beautiful grandson !!!!

Viper...hope that is just so one bad slip. Glad you posted though. You obviously want to not drink. It's hard work..we've all been there. Take care of yourself today and keep in touch with us.

Daisy.....I plan on gardening as well. We got a bit done last evening. Late spring has everything behind!!!

Well done, hablesfan

Snitch..I don't think I will ever forget the smell of my favorite pub from college. I have been in it from time to time bc my son goes there now..still gross

Stay sober everyone xo
Old 05-05-2018, 04:19 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

34 days here!

I heard my theme song on the radio last night. It was perfect timing. Fridays are so hard...weekend ahead...drink it up! That's what I was feeling and then the song came on.... it is never on the radio, so i took it as a sign.

it helped me to go straight home and dig up the pavers in a walkway to my deck! they have been crooked since we moved in, so i decided to just start digging, with my daughter observing, and resurfaced the dirt. this morning, i am going to reset the blocks. did not drink.

do whatcha gotta do, right?

strawberry!! wow! nice work pulling yourself out of that hole. stop digging!! enjoy the sand and the breeze and feel good. don't go back!

erratic...congrats on the baby. glad all is safe. good job staying sober through it all. get as much rest as you can.

viper....sorry. drink lots of water. get some good rest. and start over.

donnyb, kgirl, nichole, snitch, chickchick, suze, lovehoops, bluesy, quitnow, daisybelle, and anyone i forgot....have an awesome saturday!

i'm well into my 5th weekend sober. that is mind-blowing to me!!! it will be a great weekend.

Here is the song:

You Gotta Be, by Des'ree

Listen as your day unfolds
Challenge what the future holds
Try to keep your head up to the sky
Lovers they may cause you tears
Go ahead, release your fears
Stand up and be counted
Don't be ashamed to cry

[Chorus]
You gotta be
You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together
All I know, all I know love will save the day

[Verse 2]
Herald what your mother said
Read the books your father read
Try to solve the puzzles in your own sweet time
Some may have more cash than you
Others take a different view
My oh my heh, hey, hey

[Chorus]
You gotta be
All I know, all I know love will save the day

Time asks no questions, it goes on without you
Leaving you behind if you can't stand the pace
The world keeps on spinning
You can't stop it, if you try to
This time it's danger staring you in the face
. . .

[Outro]
You gotta be bold, you gotta be bad, gotta be wise
Don't ever say
Gotta be hard, not too too hard
All I know is love will save the day
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough...
Old 05-05-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Viper, sorry to hear of the slip, but way to post and time to get back at it.

Thinking of you Nichole.

Strawberry, sounding wonderful again which makes me smile

Suze, I could not go into a pub yet, or I can assure you game on for me!! I just screwed up a couple of days ago though, and your strength and resolve still amazes me since your first post. Way to go you!!

Erratic, congrats to you!!

Daisy, no men chasing me with axes, but I did have weird dreams. One was I was cleaning up a dark filthy alleyway and cleaning up all the trash in it. Bizarre but certainly better than running from a ax wielding maniac!!

To all our April family, sending hugs, love, and sunshine your way!
Old 05-05-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I slept in just a tad this morning, that was nice. My daughter and son are still sleeping. We really had a lot of fun after we picked her up. Lol I didnt realize how late we where out until the mall started closing around us. Lol. Then we still had an hour drive home.
I went to the nursing home to see my sweet Granny yesterday since it was on the way home from the field trip. She has dementia and she fell and broke her hip and arm right after going into the nursing home a few years ago. She is mostly non verbal now and never got back to walking. But I walked in and said hi as Granny to her and got a huge smile and a Hi! from her. Made my day. I also got a kiss on the cheek (she hasn't done that in a few years) and a huge belly laugh out of her.
If I had been hungover yesterday I might not have stopped and would have missed that with her.

Erratic I am so happy to hear about your new grandbaby!! Congrats! Glad you are sober too.

3trees congrats on 34 days!! I love that song too.

Viper I'm sorry to hear alcohol and your AV got the best of you. Be gentle with yourself today.

Suze I grew up saying I was going to be a flight attendant. My Mom traveled a lot and I got to travel with her some. I love flying. You must see a lot between the travel and the people!

Daisy it sounds like a wonderful day there. It is beautiful here today also. Its supposed to be really warm today here though I think 83 or so as the high. We will have to use sunscreen before going to the first part of the birthday party (at a park).

Lovehoops, Strawberry and Donny it's good to see you this morning.

Nichole, Tony and Red I hope you all check in this weekend. You are missed and we are thinking of you!
Old 05-05-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Ugghhhhh!!!!!! Birds are chirping. Dunno what happened after I got home and drank a ton.

This is horrendous. I started getting really itchy for it and a little sweaty and used no tactics, nothing. Just ran for it.

5a.m. Going back to sleep
Oh Viper. Big hugs to you. Hope you are just sleeping and drinking water. Maybe you needed this as a reminder just how bad drinking makes you feel x x
Old 05-05-2018, 10:08 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I’m am befuddled as to what happened. I was feeling great. I was over it I thought. Man do I feel like dog poop. It’s noon. I already went to the bank and got some food for later. Having a coffee and bagel+sausage sandwich and banana. I’ll use that Roku and just rest. Feeling lousy.

I am really getting obsessive with the Resistance stuff. I’m driving myself crazy with problems that I’m making up.

Viper.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Snitch THANK YOU
Old 05-05-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Am at my brothers. We have just had a BBQ. My brother has beer and my sister in law is drinking wine. I am drinking San Pellegrino Limonata. It's so hot today and it's a really refreshing drink. It's something I would have steered away from before as it's quite sugary I think but it's better than wine!!!
I went to a lovely AA meeting this am. Its the same one I went to last week when I was at my parents. I got a 24 hour chip!!!! Am actually quite proud 😊 I am getting so much insight from these meetings, I feel like they are helping me alot and I really want to find a sponsor and work the steps.

Daisy, the womens meeting is really nice. I definitely feel more comfortable there but I think I am lucky in that I have managed to find some lovely meetings. I have 2 women meetings a week and my child friendly one is on 4 times a week so am sorted really and if I am at my parents at the weekend I have this Saturday one I like.
I am still being very cautious amd know that the cravings can hit anytime.

Donny, thank you for your kind words. I just had such a bad time and the fact I really didn't know if I was going to live or die has had a massive impact on me. I just don't ever want to be where I was 2 weeks ago and I have to do everyrhing I can to stay sober.

Erratic, congratulations on the birth of your grandson. Double congrats on being a sober grandmother!!

Strawberry, you sound like a different person! Yuck, beer for breakfast and feeling groggy all day. It's a horrible way to spend a holiday.

3trees , I have heard that song lots but never knew the words! I like it! Well done for taking action (literally!!) against the cravings!!!!

I will probably be too tired to post later so have a nice evening everyone. X x
Old 05-05-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Fresh coconut water and a salty pig in a blanket (fat pork hot dog wrapped in dough and baked, you guys have those everywhere?). Lying in bed for a little while. My parents go to church every Saturday evening and I get 2 hours of total chillax time.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:09 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Glad you're here and posting, viper....enjoy your chilax time and rest.

Good to see everyone posting

Have a good night xo
Old 05-05-2018, 03:21 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Just got back from the bday party. I grabbed a limeade before, so glad I did. I hung out with the normal smoker moms and only had one quick passing thought of having one. The mom hosting the party must have said a dozen times how she is going to need a drink as soon as all of the kids leave tomorrow. She kept trying to joke with me about it kind of but I just smiled. No urge here.
Daughter and I rented a movie and are planning salmon for dinner and brownies with ice cream after. 😁
Old 05-05-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Grouchy!!! Uuugghhh. Brain fried. Talk tomorrow folks. Or later.

Viper
Old 05-05-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Glad you are here grouchy or not Viper!