Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 3

Old 05-15-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Suze, I am sorry to hear of your situation, and don’t feel bad about anything! If he was doing what he was supposed to be doing as not only a person, but more importantly a father, then there would be no problem to begin with. He should be for one, WORKING to help raise HIS daughter, and you said to be fair when he does work, he helps out..He hasn’t worked in months Suze, what’s fair?? I know he lost his mum, and I know firsthand how horrible it is, but I would hope his mum would be the first to tell him man up and take care of his business, namely his daughter. I spout this but I would feel the same way because I get mad then automatically feel bad and even apologize sometimes so just shut up Donny!! I was laughing when you said about the washer though because totally likewise situation had me fuming. My son stays with me all week and goes to his mums Friday and Saturday and back here on Sunday. Also my daughter lives with me when she is home from college. So, my ex understandably misses them sometimes and works close so will stop by during the week sometimes and watch a show with my son that they both like. So this is like a full season show and on once a week so again it’s fine, but one week I come in and she is in my fridge....ooookkkkk fine, I loved this person at one point and if you want to eat or get a drink whatever help yourself, butttt it still was like hmmmm really???? So fast forward a few weeks, and we are talking and we Finish talking, and she heads for my basement and is washing her clothes!!!!! Oh hell no!! Of course I got mad and said something and it turned into this whole issue, of it’s just a washer but what they don’t get is it’s not the washer it’s the space!! It’s the fact that it’s mine, plus when I left which is a whole different post, I left you with two fairly new appliances down in the basement so please leave mine alone!! I know probably made a bigger deal then I should of but at least ask! That would have made a very big difference🙄 ..anyway, That is my washer story so you are not alone on this!! Hope your day got better and sleep well tonight.
Haven’t read much else so will look back and talk later all my fellow April’s! I did glance and think your feeling better Vipe which I hope so, and seriously I think you have a apartment in Whole Foods, you are always there! I do wish I had one close, such quality stuff
Old 05-15-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Checking in..day 15

Sure..no need to feel bad. Donny said it all above! It is your home and boundaries need to be set!
Funny that you both had washer stories!!

Raining here and enjoying quiet until everyone gets home

Have sober night April peeps xo
Old 05-15-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're still trying Nichole

Snitch I recon exes are exes for a reason - I'd probably keep yours on a short leash. You home, your rules.

congrats to everyone on their recovery today no matter what day it is - hi donny kgirl lovehoops, daisybelle viper erratic and 5upersonic

D
Old 05-15-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

late night check in from me and I hope you've all had the best day.
I had a burst of energy this evening and did some work in the garden, perhaps my fatigue is beginning to pass at last.

I'm glad you posted Nichole, even though you're back on day one those days you didn't drink still count. Is there a particular time of day that your cravings are worse? I'm thinking you're going to need to plan ways to avoid that temptation. Do you get any other support other than S.R? I know it's hard, so very hard, but you can do it if you want it badly enough, just don't struggle alone, stick close and keep posting especially when you know you are going to be tempted.

Oh Suze, I bet you're glad this day is over, you've not had an easy one that's for sure. I hope you felt better for getting it out of your system, tomorrow's a new day, fresh start. I'm the last one to give relationship advice seeing as I can't sort my own out, so all I'm going to say is that your ex sounds very immature and a bit of a spoilt brat! Big hugs to you... xxx

You are sounding much more cheerful Viper, even though you may not realise it yourself and it's good that you are looking after yourself with your ritual, anything that helps is worth doing.

Flipping heck Donny, I bet you feel better for getting that rant off your chest lol. I have to say that that would never happen to me with my husband because I doubt very much he knows where the washing machine is, in fact I'm not sure that he even knows what a washing machine is. He thinks the fairies do it all.

Well done on day 15 Lovehoops, half way to a month . Hope you enjoyed your bit of peace. Oh and you can keep that rain, please don't send it this way.. x

Thanks Dee, have a good night.

See you all in the morning, sleep well and stay sober.

Think of good moments of this day
And keep a smile for tomorrow!
Good night and sleep tight!
Old 05-15-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Kgirl, you are on a roll and so happy for you😊31 days is great!!

5upersonic, same for you, so happy for you guys.

Nichole, you mean so much to the group and so happy you are sticking with it. I keep messing up but the longer I stick by here, the stronger I feel. I know that voice will keep calling but so happy to have a place where I can keep calling and so many great people to listen. We need to stick together 💜💜💜

Hi D!! Still no drinking and still working on a plan, but feel good today and happy for that!

Lovehoops, enjoy that piece and quiet! I have tenants on my second and third floors, and i love them but I just want to sit on my front porch quietly and alone sometimes and everyone always wants to talk and sit and chat. It is a beautiful night here, and just want to be left alone🙄

Daisymum, I hope you are sleeping peacefully and wake up to a beautiful day tomorrow 💜💜

Strawberry, hope you Had a sunny happy day in paradise and sleep well.

Much love to all of you and stay safe and happy wherever you are 💜
Old 05-15-2018, 04:45 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Nope still up Donny, going now though so nite nite. xx
Old 05-15-2018, 05:20 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Nope still up Donny, going now though so nite nite. xx
You better get some sleep! You all have a royal wedding to prepare for!😊
Old 05-15-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

The exhaustion has lifted. In a huge way. Now I’m flying and kind of edgy though. I bed to ease back my antidepressants. Get in touch with the psychiatrist.

Day 11 done. Tomorrow I’m going to need something big to keep me occupied.

V
Old 05-15-2018, 07:43 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Nichole, good to hear from you. Just keep trying. It’s the best you can do. it’s all that really matters. IMHO, you don’t think you want to just resign from this. You want to try, and want something different for yourself. Go girl!
Old 05-15-2018, 10:33 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Morning All,

Am awake at 6am but was in bed real early last night. I needed it!!!

Donny thanks so much! You get it haha! You made me feel better with your washer story, made me laugh. Glad to hear you are doing good. So, what about trying a meeting hey?!!! Lol.

So after writing my life story yesterday (!) I took my clothes to the launderette. They actually came out brighter and cleaner than at home so guess it is time for a new washer anyway! Whilst I was there waiting I was thinking about my ex and what I need to do and I really have to break free of him for my own sanity and sobriety. He is my little girl's dad and that's it. I can't afford to feel resentful. Resentments to me could be fatal. So goodbye to him hello new washing machine. It all worked out well in the end 😀😂

Last night I didn't feel great. My back was killing me and the cigs had made me feel sick. I binned what was left of them and am noy going to smoke again. That was totally the addict in me! Am going to explore new coping mechanisms like exercise and meditation. I really need to find a sponsor too as I just want to get working on the steps now. I will never drink again and even as I write this I realise what a huge statement that is but I believe my next drink would be fatal so now I have to work daily to ensure this doesn't happen. KGirl said it perfectly, sobriety is a journey not a destination. I love that!!
Thank you Dee, Lovehoops, Daisybelle (you made me laugh about your hubby and washer!!) and of course Donny for your advice. It was time of month too (sorry boys!) So I realised why I was extra cranky!
Nichole welcome back. Don't drink!
Strawberry, are you doing ok??
3trees? Where are you? Hope you're ok.
Hi Blusey and Kgirl!!
Erractic, hope you are good.
5upersonic and Viper! Keep going you are both doing great!!!

Here's to a better day! Thank you all for being there x x

Old 05-15-2018, 10:41 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils

It's been a very quiet night here in the group, hope you're all okay. The rain is back with us here just for a change. Oh well, it'll save me from watering my plants I suppose.

The royal wedding, oh yes of course, I may watch it on t.v but there again it will on t.v morning, noon and night for the next 3 months. I'm not a t.v watcher but I will probably watch bits of it to see her dress etc.

That's good news Viper but don't go and overdo it today, don't put yourself back to square one. Nice and easy does it. Let us know how you're doing.

Strawberry, I hope you're okay, I don't think you posted yesterday.

I'll catch up with all later hopefully, wishing each of you a better day than yesterday.

Just for today...I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me
Old 05-15-2018, 11:52 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Morning and it’s great to see everyone posting!

SR is a great place to vent some steam. Sometimes I find myself logging on just for a quick check-in and I end up writing a load of stuff which starts with a moan and by the end of the post I’ve staightened it all out in my head and there it all is typed out in front of me on screen. Like an auto-pilot...

Anyway another busy day ahead but I’m sober on day 8, The drinking thoughts appear at the same time every day, in the early evening. Eating a good dinner normally deals with them but they start just before I leave work and then I need to pick up kids from school and then make dinner which takes a couple of hours in all. Mrs 5 doesn’t get back till late so I find I’m really irritable by the time I get a chance to eat. The kids have been in school all day then after school club so the minute they’re home they have a wild half hour which doesn’t help. Need to find a better programme cos it’s not a good mix.

Have a great day all.

PS I ate an entire Vienetta ice cream yesterday before bed. How disgusting is that? It said seven portions on the pack. Yeah right! Hadn’t eaten one in years but that’s what my cravings have manifested into. Yuk! Apologies to anyone who doesn’t know what one is! Definitely missing the sugars. Maybe I need to taper my ice cream intake! 7 portions is a week so might do 6 tonight, then 5 tomorrow etc lol
Old 05-16-2018, 12:09 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

In all seriousness I think I need to change my eating habits. Because kids have a long day in school we something cooked for breakfast then lunch and dinner. Never been one for snacking. I’m ashamed to say I’d normally buy booze after work then crack open a beer in the car on the way to get kids. I need to replace that sugar intake with something healthier. I’ll start today.

Sorry rambling again but something positive has come out of it I feel.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good morning April peeps! I am waking up to Day 32 and feeling great. I got right up when my alarm went off and have already completed my journaling. I am drinking my coffee and just grateful for this moment of sobriety and calm.

Daisy - what do you grow in your garden? I am always in awe with those that can grow a garden. I try every year and forget to tend to it and then every fall it's just a big mess that my hubby usually cleans up for me. Just the other day I asked him if I should try again this year....he gave me a funny look. Maybe I should just stick with container flowers.

Thank you Donny for the encouragement! I am surprising even myself! I have attmepted sobriety so many times in my life I just knew if it was going to work I had to do something different. But truly the most important thing that I have done this time around is to FULLY accept that I am an alcoholic (not a big fan of that word but it is what it is) and realize sobriety is an opportunity NOT a sacrifice.

Viper - glad to hear the exhaustion has lifted. It took me about a week to feel "ok" and then about 3 weeks in I had another episode of PAWS that lasted a few days. What I learned from the Recovery Elevator podcast is to not spend too much time wondering why you feel that way but to embrace it as part of the process. To just say "I feel this way and that's ok". Learning to feel bad and getting through it without drinking build our sober muscles.

snitch - out with the ex and in with a new washer sounds like the PREFECT solution!! Sometimes it just all comes together doesn't it?

5supersonic - even though I feel good I find myself easily irritable as well. cooking dinner for hungry kids right after work will always make me cranky. One thing I do is try to double up meals so we can eat off leftovers the next night. And I always have a salad in the fridge ready for a quick meal. This has reduced the number of nights I have to cook down so I'm only cranky half the time now I'm also working on my sugar intake. It's difficult but whenever I eat sugar I say "well I'm not drinking" so I'll let it help me through early sobriety. But I have really cut down on my sugar overall so I just don't beat myself up too much. If you need it for now to help with staying sober I say...eat the sugar

Hi dee, strawberry, nichole, lovehoops, blusey and erratic! Hope you all are doing well.

I tried to connect with everyone here. If I missed you I am so sorry. I will get better.

Take care and take it one day at a time. We can do this.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I just realized we haven't heard from Chick in a bit.....Are you still with us Chick? Check in with us and let us know how you are!

Are we missing anyone else?
Old 05-16-2018, 04:26 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

5upersonic, i here you on the sweet thing. I try and watch it also but when I am not drinking, cookies, ice cream and anything sweet catches my attention. My next door neighbor buys ice cream buy the 5 gal container from our local confectionery, and it is soooooo good!!! He texted me last night he just got some and had a Small container packed for me. Thank God I was already in bed but at one point I even thought about getting up to go get it!! Willpower Donald!!

Viper, glad you are feeling better and just like Daisy said, don’t go climbing a mountain today!

Nichole, stay with us and so happy to see you post!

Strawberry, hope all is well in your end of the world and check in with us!

Suze, glad I made you laugh😊 and also glad to see you are drawing a line in the sand with the ex. Obviously we still have to deal with them because of our children, but that doesn’t give them a free pass to take advantage of us either. I do try and be supportive of mine but sometimes, especially when I’m at work she will text me at work and ask me endless questions about what she should do in. This or that situation, and my head will be ready to explode like omg!!! Figure it the **** out on your own!! You had all the answers when we were together🙄 !! Anyway that’s my rant of the day but glad to see you are feeling better 💜💜

Daisymum, I honestly think Americans are probably more wrapped in the whole royal wedding thing, and I have even heard of some parties that are being thrown. I am sure they will have to tape their episodes of the Kardashian’s while it’s on though🙄 Sometimes I feel like I got accidentally put into a society and time that I don’t belong in. Maybe it’s just that I’m getting older and it’s natural to look upon society as flawed as I know every generation tends to look down on the next, but I just want to live life happy and peaceful and it is so hard to do in the world we live in. I keep telling my children and family that one day I am selling everything, and going to move to Montana and buy 100 acres with a small log cabin, and raise pigs and chickens and just exist like we were meant to. Anyway, that’s my dream of the day, Suze got my rant of the day, and now my reality of the day is I better put this phone down and get to work!! 💜💜💜

Stay safe and kind today and love to each and everyone of you!!
Old 05-16-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
I just realized we haven't heard from Chick in a bit.....Are you still with us Chick? Check in with us and let us know how you are!

Are we missing anyone else?
Yes was thinking of you yesterday Chickchick, time to check back in with us💜
Old 05-16-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi again my lovely Aprils, just doing a lunch time check in. Hope you're all having a good day. I've been quite productive this morning, did the school run for my daughter, dropped my mum in town, scrubbed a couple of kitchen cupboards out, re-potted a couple of big container plants in the garden and now it's caught up with me and I've gone really weary. Honestly I could just go to sleep, I'm having the 3 o clock slump an hour early. I read that some of you are eating lots of sweet stuff and ice cream, well I'm doing the same and honestly I don't have a sweet tooth. I bought a 2 litre container of Cornish ice-cream this morning and ate half of it before I put it in the freezer. I NEVER eat ice-cream so what's all that about? I'm presuming our bodies are wanting to replace all the sugar they're missing from the alcohol. I was hoping to lose some weight before we go away a week on Sunday but at this rate the children on the beach will be lying behind me to get some shade!

5upersonic, S.R really is a good place to vent, same as you I come on to just write a quick post and then I end up rabbiting on about all kinds of stuff.. As your drinking thoughts seem to start with the school pick up, what about eating fruit, it's full of natural sugars and it just might take the edge off.
Vienetta Ice-cream, now that's a blast from the past, lol, I've not had that in years.

Kgirl 32 days is awesome, be proud of that. My garden is quite small, the front garden has a lawn and flower borders, with a few roses and shrubs, just need some bedding plants now but I'm waiting until I come back from my holiday. The rear garden is paved like a court yard and I have lots and lots of containers and hanging baskets. I try to buy plants and shrubs that come up every year, saves time and money. Enjoy the rest of your day and take good care of yourself. xx

Donny boy, don't know if I should say this, I may get lynched, but I'm not really a big fan of the royal family though I do like the younger members, William and Harry. Like everyone else I want to know what the dress is like but other than that I can take it or leave it, like I said it'll be shown for weeks. Living life happy and peaceful, that's all what too, I keep saying I would like to stay on a desert island with a crate of water, a crate of books and a radio, that'd do for me. I hope works kind to you today. xx

I was wondering about Chickchick too and Strawberry, she didn't check in yesterday, Looking back to when our class of April started we have lost quite a few team members. I hope they all come back at some point.

See you all later.

Take carexx
Old 05-16-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi Suze

Don't know how I managed to miss your post this morning, nearly just missed it again too! I'm glad you got your clothes washed and I think you're right in thinking to give the ex a break. Things always have a way of working out in the end. I hope your back is better today and well done on deciding to give up cigs, think of the money you'll save.

Laters xxx
Old 05-16-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I'm still sobor peeps!!! Just busy x