# 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome to the New
24 Hour Recovery Connection.

Please join others in making a commitment to stay
clean and sober for the next 24 Hours.

Check in once a day and every day by posting
your local time.
You may post a special message or song or image or your story.
Anyone can volunteer to do something
special for the group.
---------------------------------------------

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-377-a-21.html (24Hour Recovery Connections Part 377)

D
Thanks, Dee!
Old 04-29-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Ooh, I'm all for giving my toxic emotions to the moon. Thanks sunflowerlife, I love learning about all this stuff. And the best part..... when I wrote my list of toxic situations/experiences that are bothering me.... it wasn't a very long list. I seem to be gradually extricating myself from toxic people/situations and I know I have sobriety to thank for that. Still going to burn my list tonight tho, if the moon is there and willing to help.... I'm not going to miss that opportunity xxxx
Awesome Kenton. Still need to make my list as well.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
“Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important. Capture the good times. And if things don't work out, just take another shot.” - Ziad K. Abdelnour

6:30am in Alberta, it's going to be a darn good day not to drink!

24 for me and everyone else who wants them please, and thanks...

Thanks Dee!
This is fabulous; take another shot!!!! Love it. , cowboy
Old 04-29-2018, 11:07 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi gang!
Great end of the season win and more importantly a great group of girls from many different schools making friendships that will continue to college next year. They are now substituting Thursday pm training with group revision at a local coffee bar which has wifi. How civilised!!!
We are having one of those "doing" Sundays now. Clothes shuffling, bedroom tidying and homework / revision. Strictly no sand on my floors though goodness me!!!! I'm still far too uptight to cope with that so bravo Kenton my dear!
This is the first time I've forgotten my special day and got a lovely surprise seeing my name on the list this morning. Extra special to share it with martina congratulations on that precious first week sweetheart!
Okay time to eat I'm starving!!!
Lots of love
. . . . .

JoJo!!!!! ❤️
Old 04-29-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yey Hannah!!! ♥♥
Indeed
Old 04-29-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
Hello Sunday morning! 24 more hours please. Time to make jello pretzel salad, one of my childhood favs, for the eating meeting tonight. Tomorrow I have to give a presentation to a field trip since my supervisor has class. Please send good vibes, I hate public speaking and the anticipatory anxiety is killing me.
That sounds so good, Alex!!!!! Jello with a crunch!!!

Sending good vibes!
Old 04-29-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
24 more for me on this beautiful Sunday morning!

Off to make cinnamon rolls as requested.

Congrats Jo and Martina!!
Cinnamon rolls - be still my heart!
Old 04-29-2018, 11:15 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
7:11 on a beautiful Sunday morning in California and checking in for another 24.

I started yesterday off with a long walk with my husband, and spent the afternoon/evening driving back and forth between my girls events. One had track, and the other a performance, and despite the 35 minute distance between events, I managed to see both races on the track, and the three performances my daughter was in.

Today the kids have CCD, and then I am going to spend some time relaxing, and some cleaning, although right now I'm leaning much heavier toward relaxing.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

❤️Delilah
You definitely deserve Mom Of The Year, Delilah.

I am exhausted just thinking of your day!
Old 04-29-2018, 11:19 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
Good Morning, SR. 3 months today! Longest stretch ever (so far!), thanks in part to SR and you fine folks. Thank you.
CrossYourHeart
Old 04-29-2018, 11:21 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I am so so so sorry love.... Bad bad Suze.....must fix your date.

on 3 sensational months dear CrossYourHeart!!! ♥♥♥

Milestoners

12.25 months
Old 04-29-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Count me in, please.

Lots of love to all.

Leigh
Old 04-29-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I am so so so sorry love.... Bad bad Suze.....must fix your date.

No worries whatsoever. You are fantastic!

on 3 sensational months dear CrossYourHeart!!! ♥♥♥

[/CENTER]
Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Congratulations on 3 months!! Way to go
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
That's amazing, well done you!! Keep it up, you can do it!
Thank you guys.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

So many wonderful people here. You give me hope that we’re not as doomed as we seem in dealing with most folks on a daily basis.

You_Rock_
Old 04-29-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I said Congrats yesterday, but I am happy to say it again, VENUS, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old 04-29-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
Hello Sunday morning! 24 more hours please. Time to make jello pretzel salad, one of my childhood favs, for the eating meeting tonight. Tomorrow I have to give a presentation to a field trip since my supervisor has class. Please send good vibes, I hate public speaking and the anticipatory anxiety is killing me.
Good vibes, good vibes, good vibes!!!! If you can, spend five minutes tonight visualizing yourself doing the presentation with ease and confidence. Really FEEL what it’s like to be calm and confident!! You got this
Old 04-29-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sunflower....we had hassles with our sons when they were young..and by all accounts they have turned out very well...
Parenting is not a science..and people are not instinctively given all the answers. I would suggest going to an outside person- not a psychiatrist or psychologist...but someone who can give advice on 'how to' stuff. Like that show The Supernanny.
A lot of people do not get to the point you do- of being able to explain clearly what it is they are stressed about
Support to you
Old 04-29-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

So, today a phone call from close family in Scotland with the news that my Mums youngest sister has cancer running wildly through her lungs, her bones - palliative care only and a matter of months - whaaat?

I am so effed off.....ok more like devastated but effed off too. Not enough to destroy my Mums brain cells and the Mum I know & Love dissapearing daily but my favourite Auntie being taken in such a way. My cousin is devastated, our family is devastated.....

I am so angry today but will it lead to a drink? NO, I am here with SR, AA and a damn fine sponsor and my shields are up.

Much Love 24'ers, Congrats Milestoners, SP

P.s. Thank you Dee, another 24 for me please
Old 04-29-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hubby is home and was happy to take over with the kids so I could relax. So why do I feel so guilty hiding out in the basement watching a sad documentary while surfing the web on my phone?

I feel like a failure. I had a horrible day with the boys and was the opposite of present and fun, minus twenty minutes of music and dancing with them. I really hate myself today.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
So, today a phone call from close family in Scotland with the news that my Mums youngest sister has cancer running wildly through her lungs, her bones - palliative care only and a matter of months - whaaat?

I am so effed off.....ok more like devastated but effed off too. Not enough to destroy my Mums brain cells and the Mum I know & Love dissapearing daily but my favourite Auntie being taken in such a way. My cousin is devastated, our family is devastated.....

I am so angry today but will it lead to a drink? NO, I am here with SR, AA and a damn fine sponsor and my shields are up.

Much Love 24'ers, Congrats Milestoners, SP

P.s. Thank you Dee, another 24 for me please
I’m so sorry SweetP. That is awful new and very hard to process I am sure. Praying for you and your family that you may all find some peace and clarity through all of this.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:47 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Sunflower....we had hassles with our sons when they were young..and by all accounts they have turned out very well...
Parenting is not a science..and people are not instinctively given all the answers. I would suggest going to an outside person- not a psychiatrist or psychologist...but someone who can give advice on 'how to' stuff. Like that show The Supernanny.
A lot of people do not get to the point you do- of being able to explain clearly what it is they are stressed about
Support to you
I really appreciate your words Phoenix. We have been to two child therapists now for help. The first one was great and said a lot of his behavior stems from his anxiety. It has resulted in his need to control so many situations.

The second who he currently sees for play therapy actually gave me advice I do not agree with. I told her just last week that I was having a very hard time getting him to follow directions and she told me it was okay to yell at him everyday, that it was okay to hit him on the bottom or yank his arm and that he needs to learn who is the boss. The establishment she works in is called Zen Life and even offers Acupuncture.

This is not the advice I was hoping for or expecting. Sigh. I do have Nanny 911 on dvd but I don’t watch it only because I cannot tolerate the screaming and chaos of each story before the problems are solved. I do have the book and we used some of the advice in the past and it helped. Thank you for the reminder.

I actually am proud of myself. I ignored his screaming and he eventually stopped and turned his mood around. I rewarded him (we do marble jars) with a marble for doing so. God this is so damn hard.

I like what you said about most people not knowing how to express what they are upset about. I never thought of it like that. Thank you.