Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 377

Old 04-26-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

In for a beautiful sober day!
Old 04-26-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good afternoon sweet sober friends.
Goose I am so sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. Your sobriety is going to be such a gift over the months to come (((hugs)))
Kenton OH EM GEE DISNEY!!!!!
I hope you are feeling a bit better again Suze darling ❤❤❤
I hope you are struggling a little less today Snufkin ❤❤❤
PhoenixJ at last something is making sense in your family dynamic. Does this mean the door of communication has opened a crack? You are such an inspiration ❤❤❤

Pretty good day today. Hannah had her first real GCSE (French oral). Can you believe she has 28 exams in total? They do work them hard these days poor things. I will treat her to fish and chips for dinner and see if I can nab a hug too!

We have a night out with work tomorrow. One of the girls has left and the boss is already threatening a round of shots for every year she's worked for us (that's eleven!). He'll do it too. The thought of letting rip and getting drunk has crossed my mind a few times now. I won't but I feel like I shall need you all in my pocket tomorrow night. Bloody addiction gets right on my nerves!

24 pleased dearest sweetie pies ❤❤❤
Old 04-26-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

24 for me please

badge
Old 04-26-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goose333 View Post
It's been confirmed that my wife has cancer. We don't even know what type yet. Waiting for the results of the biopsy, and she's going to need a scan to see if it's anywhere else.

I've very stressed. I craved a drink this week. I looked at that package store and thought about it. Didn't do it, but I thought about it. More than once. But I know I'd turn into a useless blob and would just add to her stress so I can't.

Right now, my wife doesn't have the best attitude. I'm working hard to change that. I've decided to tape an inspirational quote to the mirror daily. As I was collecting the quotes last night, I realized that so many of them apply to all of us here. So whatever quote gets taped to our bathroom mirror each day, will get taped here. Here is #1.

I need 24 today. Just another 24 please.
5:55 AM EDT
Sorry to hear the news goose...Take Care
Old 04-26-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jhonnyspa View Post
I am in 24 hours lets have it.
Lovely to meet you.....so glad you joined us.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
Popping in early today but right beside eveyone for another 24. Have a smooth afternoon/evening/morning/evening whatever and wherever youre at in your day.. Xx

And i rock!! 16 weeks today
You do indeed rock lovely one.

on 16 sensational weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥
Old 04-26-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Goose I am so sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. Your sobriety is going to be such a gift over the months to come (((hugs)))
PhoenixJ at last something is making sense in your family dynamic. Does this mean the door of communication has opened a crack? You are such an inspiration ❤❤❤

Pretty good day today. Hannah had her first real GCSE (French oral). Can you believe she has 28 exams in total? They do work them hard these days poor things. I will treat her to fish and chips for dinner and see if I can nab a hug too!

We have a night out with work tomorrow. One of the girls has left and the boss is already threatening a round of shots for every year she's worked for us (that's eleven!). He'll do it too. The thought of letting rip and getting drunk has crossed my mind a few times now. I won't but I feel like I shall need you all in my pocket tomorrow night. Bloody addiction gets right on my nerves!

I think humour is the way to go here love....let's carry this a bit further....ah ha, the bloody addiction gets on our nerves all right, and if we indulge the bugger WE will not only get on everyone else's nerves, but could possibly be SO annoying/unruly/unpredictable that we could in fact BE the entertainment for the evening.....all leading up to possibly having to call our partner in the morning to get us out of jail. (No, that never happened to me, but there's always a first time...)

And then there's that pesky problem of wondering if we still have a job. Try explaining that to Hannah and Mellie.

So yes....we will be in your pocket, in your head and holding your hand.
With love.

Mwwwaaaaa!! ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 04-26-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hello dear erfra. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 04-26-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

A lumberjack went in to a magic forest to cut down a tree. Upon arrival, he started to swing at the tree, when it shouted, “No! Wait! I’m a talking tree!

The lumberjack grinned, “And you will dialogue!"
Old 04-26-2018, 09:02 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I think humour is the way to go here love....let's carry this a bit further....ah ha, the bloody addiction gets on our nerves all right, and if we indulge the bugger WE will not only get on everyone else's nerves, but could possibly be SO annoying/unruly/unpredictable that we could in fact BE the entertainment for the evening.....all leading up to possibly having to call our partner in the morning to get us out of jail. (No, that never happened to me, but there's always a first time...)

And then there's that pesky problem of wondering if we still have a job. Try explaining that to Hannah and Mellie.

So yes....we will be in your pocket, in your head and holding your hand.
With love.

Mwwwaaaaa!! ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 04-26-2018, 09:04 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
A lumberjack went in to a magic forest to cut down a tree. Upon arrival, he started to swing at the tree, when it shouted, “No! Wait! I’m a talking tree!

It's funny as.....but why do I feel sorry for the tree?
Old 04-26-2018, 09:10 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

It's funny as.....but why do I feel sorry for the tree?
lol I was thinking the same Venus
Old 04-26-2018, 09:15 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post

Groan. Had to read this out loud to get it. Thanks Neo for today's groan.

Another 24 for me please
Old 04-26-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

No problem Lyddie
Old 04-26-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Up for another 24 on day 2.

What a difference a day makes!

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2018, 09:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Count me in!
Old 04-26-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

It wouldn't surprise me if I got all of the dates wrong last night....but I tried. Feeling much better today (thank God) and we shall celebrate you two days in a row love....

....and love and good morning and may I please have 24 more precious hours of freedom, with a huge thank you to darling Sunflowerlife. Thank you so much honey....

♥♥♥♥♥

I am glad to hear you are feeling better dear friend...
Old 04-26-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hello dear erfra. ♥♥♥♥♥

Old 04-26-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I want 24 hours please. Its been too long. Getting back on track.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:18 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post

Hey Jo- my goodness that is a lot of exams!

Good luck with tomorrow and stay close to us. I can't even imagine being put in that position and having to watch people get wasted! I am sorry the old AV is coming out to tease you about- just keep reminding yourself of all the reasons you are sober and you could even sit down a do a visualization of the get together, where you feel what it feels like to be around all the drinking and not crave it or feel uncomfortable. Feel powerful and strong knowing you are doing what is best for YOU. Really let your imagination take you there as if it is already happening. In a way this prepares you for the real thing You got this!