SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connections Part 377 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/426826-24hour-recovery-connections-part-377-a.html)

venuscat 04-26-2018 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by ChickChick (Post 6872868)
24 more for me please. I am planning on going to my kids concert tonight sober. *cringe* I normally went after a few beers in the past.

And I bet you LOVE it!!!!! :) :) :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 04-26-2018 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by goose333 (Post 6872737)
It's been confirmed that my wife has cancer. We don't even know what type yet. Waiting for the results of the biopsy, and she's going to need a scan to see if it's anywhere else.

I've very stressed. I craved a drink this week. I looked at that package store and thought about it. Didn't do it, but I thought about it. More than once. But I know I'd turn into a useless blob and would just add to her stress so I can't.

Right now, my wife doesn't have the best attitude. I'm working hard to change that. I've decided to tape an inspirational quote to the mirror daily. As I was collecting the quotes last night, I realized that so many of them apply to all of us here. So whatever quote gets taped to our bathroom mirror each day, will get taped here. Here is #1.

I need 24 today. Just another 24 please.
5:55 AM EDT

Oh love....I am so very sorry.

Gosh....so much hard stuff going for our lovely 24ers.....please know we are with you every step. We are with both of you.....and yes, this is hard and it feels like a drink would help but it really really won't.....what you are doing instead is supportive and loving. And it will help both of you I think....

more love. And many hugs. :hug: ♥♥♥

venuscat 04-26-2018 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by kenton (Post 6872745)
All our tickets for Disney, Universal and Busch Gardens arrived yesterday!! They were sent with loads of other stuff .... Minnie mouse cuddly toy, Minions dvds, princess stickers.... you should have seen the kids faces when they got back from school. I haven't seen that level of excitement since crazy mummy bought a puppy! We've been saving for 2 years for this 3 week trip .... all my drinking money has gone into the holiday fund... and now it's only 104 more sleeps until we go!! Can. Not. Wait.

Hope everyone is ok, sending lots of love to you all. Congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxxx

Can I come? Please please please please please? Huh? Can I? ;)

You are the best. The absolute best. And you deserve this fantastic trip and all of the excitement that goes with it. :) :hug: ♥♥♥

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6872708)
Congrats to all who celebrate a milestone today no matter what it is :)

D

Thanks, Dee. :)

Love these milestones today! YAY!

CONGRATULATIONS Milestoners! Awesome achievements.

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:05 AM

GOOD Morning Beautiful People!!

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:07 AM

24 more by the Grace of God.

Congrats to our Milestoners today! Fantastic job of it everyone. :)

Congrats to all those sober today!!

Prayers for the sick or struggling.

May not be here tomorrow.

Hope to see you all soon again.

Trudging down the road of happy destiny.

Wish me luck.

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6872716)
Ta, Dee

Leigh- I will not share the news my other aunt gave me last week...but most of my life I thought there was some sort of emotional cancer in my foo...eating away at our combined mental health. I am finally able to understand a lot. As a kid- I thought all the dysfunction was because for me, thus I was a bad person. Knowledge IS power. I cannot change the past- but now I understand more clearly- as an adult with (getting there) adult emotions...I can accept, then perhaps let go. Early days.

"More is to be revealed." ;) :hug:

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:10 AM

CONGRATS Phoenix on another wonderful milestone in your recovery today!! !

:You_Rock_

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by nmd (Post 6872732)
In for 24 hours sober

2weeks tomorrow, but ill take it today! Thanks guys

Congrats teaorcoffee,jsm273 ,Hats ,lilymaz ,PhoenixJ !

CONGRATS on Everyday Nmd!! ;)

:c011::c011:

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by goose333 (Post 6872737)
It's been confirmed that my wife has cancer. We don't even know what type yet. Waiting for the results of the biopsy, and she's going to need a scan to see if it's anywhere else.

I've very stressed. I craved a drink this week. I looked at that package store and thought about it. Didn't do it, but I thought about it. More than once. But I know I'd turn into a useless blob and would just add to her stress so I can't.

Right now, my wife doesn't have the best attitude. I'm working hard to change that. I've decided to tape an inspirational quote to the mirror daily. As I was collecting the quotes last night, I realized that so many of them apply to all of us here. So whatever quote gets taped to our bathroom mirror each day, will get taped here. Here is #1.

I need 24 today. Just another 24 please.
5:55 AM EDT

Love can cure anything. :hug:

Sorry to hear your news, Nmd. I'll be lifting you both UP in prayer.

When my husband passed 8 months ago I told myself I'd stay sober as a tribute to him and me. Give her your best now. Just love her. Hope the news is better than you think and she can get on a protocol to help. Love to you both.

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by kenton (Post 6872745)
All our tickets for Disney, Universal and Busch Gardens arrived yesterday!! They were sent with loads of other stuff .... Minnie mouse cuddly toy, Minions dvds, princess stickers.... you should have seen the kids faces when they got back from school. I haven't seen that level of excitement since crazy mummy bought a puppy! We've been saving for 2 years for this 3 week trip .... all my drinking money has gone into the holiday fund... and now it's only 104 more sleeps until we go!! Can. Not. Wait.

Hope everyone is ok, sending lots of love to you all. Congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxxx

It's amazing how better life gets when we get better. Have a great time! :) :) :) :)

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 (Post 6872866)
Please count me ALL in for another 24 hours of freedom. Congratulations to our fabulous Milestoners!! That's a nice long list!! :You_Rock_.

(((Goose))). Hugs & prayers for you & Mrs. Goose. You're doing the best thing for both of you by staying sober. :grouphug: Love the idea of positive posts for her and us!! Thank you.
My hubby has a terminal illness and there is no way I could care for him or me if I drank. No way! Sobriety allows me to focus on living our best possible life right now.

Hugs, peace, strength and love to all....xxxx

((( Bandi)))

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by soberista (Post 6872884)
Popping in early today but right beside eveyone for another 24. Have a smooth afternoon/evening/morning/evening whatever and wherever youre at in your day.. Xx :You_Rock_

And i rock!! 16 weeks today :thanks

You GO Girl! :scoregood:scoregood:scoregood:scoregood:scoregood:You_Rock_

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=venuscat;6872887]And I bet you LOVE it!!!!! :) :) :hug: ♥♥[/QUOTE

Absolutely! :)

Hi Lovely Suze.

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:25 AM

Hi Erfra. ;)

BBL.............

Kris47 04-26-2018 06:26 AM

https://s7.postimg.cc/syar6ydu3/e9ea...ps1c40b5f5.jpg

erfra7 04-26-2018 06:30 AM

Goose333 hugs prayers...
Keton enjoy have fun those are the gifts of sobriety
I been looking for ten minutes at the screen and don’t know what to say
Let please have 24 more of sobriety and freedom from alcohol freedom from self

erfra7 04-26-2018 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kris47 (Post 6872930)
Hi Erfra. ;)

BBL.............

Hello :fireworks2
:c012:

Jack16 04-26-2018 06:38 AM

Signing in rather late for 24.

Sending love to you and to your other half, Goose333

Soberista - mega hand-claps coming to you for the 16 weeks

:c011::You_Rock_:c011:

ChickChick 04-26-2018 07:06 AM

Suze I am glad you are feeling better!!

Soberista 16 weeks is fantastic!!! :You_Rock_