# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2018 Part 2

last part

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html

D
Old 04-17-2018, 04:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 1 . Trying to pull it together for my daughters birthday. I'm going to write a play tonight.
Feeling ok just very tired.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not sure exactly how this works, but I'm feeling pretty good at day 40, though I set my alarm clock too early.

Looking to get back in the medical field and re-studying some basics.

My days are busy and productive. Somehow my spending is going elsewhere though...

Hope everyone is well
Old 04-17-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Day 1 . Trying to pull it together for my daughters birthday. I'm going to write a play tonight.
Feeling ok just very tired.
Hang in there, Strawberry! We’re with you! Reach out when you need to. Big hug.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Checking in...Day 3. Still very tired as my body recovers from my 3 days of binge drinking last weekend. I'm trying not to beat myself up....just take it easy until the fog lifts. At some point here soon I want to start working on eating better, exercising but I don't think any of that is going to happen this week. I just need to get through without drinking and then I'll put some attention to that.
For today....Today I will not drink. No matter what.
Hope everyone has a wonderful sober day!
Old 04-17-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good Morning, April peeps.
Day 3 for me. I’m doing okay - just still exhausted from the aftermath of my recent relapse... physically not sleeping well from body trying to deal with toxins and mind trying to deal with my bad behavior and having lashed out on social media and embarrassing myself, severing relationships. I see red when I drink now and have almost no inhibitory filter. It’s so not worth it. Picking up the pieces is so hard. But staying in that hell is harder. Heading to a meeting today.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I figured I'd post here in order to make myself accountable. It's nice getting up in the morning and not wanting that pick me up drink. I went on a birthday binge earlier this month-ugh. But this time it feels different. I REALLY want to quit. Not just the motions but a deep hearted want. The first week was torture-the AV was constantly in my ear! Now when I hear it & I get busy & ignore it.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-17-2018, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome BreezyFe and sobersolstice

D
Old 04-17-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good morning all!

my son's 11th birthday was yesterday. birthdays are bittersweet. my ex- and i always take him to a pizza place and we have a family dinner. (unlike some other divorced couples, we have been doing our best to be together for the kids events, milestones, etc.)

but it was hard because i usually drink beer with my pizza and it cuts the discomfort some. AND i found out he is getting remarried and having a big wedding. i am happy for him, but it was still stressful.

and....for those women out there....that time of the month is coming and it throws my hormones ALL over the place.

alcohol is really good at making all of these unwanted feelings and thoughts go away. it likes to put me in a good mood, and tell me everything is fine!

but. i am not drinking ever again.
and i am making it through these uncomfortable moments and feelings and hormones....and although i feel a little overwhelmed with all the feels...

i am staying calm and i am going to make it a good day.
because i am strong.
and i deserve the best life i can give myself.

that life has no room for alcohol

have a great day folx.
i am wishing you strength and joy on this beautiful tuesday.
DAY 16!
Old 04-17-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi again

Just got a quick ten mins to post while the g.children are eating lunch.
______
Thanks for the new thread Dee.

Thank you for your kind words Juno, though I myself don't think I'm particularly good at posts, sometimes I really struggle to think what to say. I think I try and put myself in other peoples shoes, probably because I've been working on staying sober for soooo long and failing sooo many times, that I know how hard it is and how disappointed we are in ourselves when we have a relapse. This place and you people are literally the only support network I have so I really need to stick close and keep posting. I have to beat this and I will beat this, just saying. I really love your idea of writing a list of self love quotes and ' I am enough. I do enough. I have enough ' just sums it all up. You should add that to your signature at the bottom of your posts.
I hope work is kind to you today and I hope you manage to take some time for you out, even it it's only a few minutes. I hope your hormone fluctuation settles and not drinking should help. Has your doctor given any medication to help with the hormone problem? Take good care of yourself and I hope you have a better nights sleep tonight.

Be kind to yourself Strawberry, you can do this. When is your daughter's birthday? Writing a play! Now that sounds interesting, what kind of play are you writing, what will it be called? That should keep your mind occupied at least.

Welcome to our group SoberStolice and congrats on day 40, can't wait to reach that number. It's good that you're working on going back into the medical field, it will keep your mind busy. Keeping busy keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Good to see you still posting Kgirl, the tiredness will pass. Make sure you drink plenty of water to re-hydrate, it does help with the brain fog too. Take good care of yourself. x

Cac1013, well done on day 3, I think you need to draw a line under your recent relapse now and concentrate on just getting through each day. Can't change what we've done in the past, but we can learn from it and use to go forward. I hope your meeting is a good one, come back and tell us about it.

Welcome to our lovely group Breezyfe, you'll get lots of support from the wonderful people here. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. x
Old 04-17-2018, 09:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Hi again

Just got a quick ten mins to post while the g.children are eating lunch.
______
Thanks for the new thread Dee.

Thank you for your kind words Juno, though I myself don't think I'm particularly good at posts, sometimes I really struggle to think what to say. I think I try and put myself in other peoples shoes, probably because I've been working on staying sober for soooo long and failing sooo many times, that I know how hard it is and how disappointed we are in ourselves when we have a relapse. This place and you people are literally the only support network I have so I really need to stick close and keep posting. I have to beat this and I will beat this, just saying. I really love your idea of writing a list of self love quotes and ' I am enough. I do enough. I have enough ' just sums it all up. You should add that to your signature at the bottom of your posts.
I hope work is kind to you today and I hope you manage to take some time for you out, even it it's only a few minutes. I hope your hormone fluctuation settles and not drinking should help. Has your doctor given any medication to help with the hormone problem? Take good care of yourself and I hope you have a better nights sleep tonight.

Be kind to yourself Strawberry, you can do this. When is your daughter's birthday? Writing a play! Now that sounds interesting, what kind of play are you writing, what will it be called? That should keep your mind occupied at least.

Welcome to our group SoberStolice and congrats on day 40, can't wait to reach that number. It's good that you're working on going back into the medical field, it will keep your mind busy. Keeping busy keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Good to see you still posting Kgirl, the tiredness will pass. Make sure you drink plenty of water to re-hydrate, it does help with the brain fog too. Take good care of yourself. x

Cac1013, well done on day 3, I think you need to draw a line under your recent relapse now and concentrate on just getting through each day. Can't change what we've done in the past, but we can learn from it and use to go forward. I hope your meeting is a good one, come back and tell us about it.

Welcome to our lovely group Breezyfe, you'll get lots of support from the wonderful people here. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. x
I ment writing a plan lol
My daughter was 5 today ! Just had the village kids over ! It's my sons birthday on Sunday so we will have a big joint birthday then !
So glad to be goi g to bed sobor... I alway know when I get one full day sobor the binge Is over !
Old 04-17-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

AGAIN. Day 1. Nightmare

I’m going to my therapist today.

Post later of tomorrow

Viper
Old 04-17-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad you're still here viper!! You can do this..we can do this together.

Welcome to those just joining us

I love your enthusiasm daisy belle...thank you for always reaching out to us individually...I have never been good at that it mean a lot xo

3trees...that's a nice thing you do for your kids by staying together as a family to celebrate..be proud of yourself for not having beer and being a sober mom!!!

Have a great night everyone xo.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It's midnight.

I'm going to bed.

I've been awake 22 hours straight.

Body still shakes. Not sure if it is alcohol related or just exhausted.

I did not drink

See you on Day 4.

JT
Old 04-17-2018, 04:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi again April shower

Just popping in for a last post before I go to bed. Husband has just got off the lap top and has gone up, so I've grabbed it quickly. He's still being very silent with me, big sigh, I must be patient, this is going to take time.

I've had quite a good day, fun with the g.children and then I dropped my mum off at her choir, which she joined about 18 months ago. They were singing at an old peoples home for the residents there. I went to pick her up afterwards and she was telling me how they enjoyed it but how glad she is not to be in a place like that. she felt sorry for the oldies in there, I know it shouldn't but it did make me smile seeing as she's almost 85.

3trees we must have posted at the same time ish earlier as I missed your post. I've been looking out for you because guess what? I ordered a silver daisy bracelet today, can't wait for it to come and thank you for putting the idea in my head.
I hope your son had a lovely birthday and I think it's marvellous that you and your husband make an effort to be together for his birthday, that is so mature and civilised, just how it should be. It must have felt a little strange when he told you that he is getting married again though.
I hope your hormones settle down and to be honest in a few months time you might find that not drinking alcohol helps with that a lot.

Happy 5th birthday to your daughter Strawberry, I hope she had a lovely day. It was also my wayward son's birthday today, but lets not go there. The less said the better! I couldn't stop laughing re your writing a 'play.' I thought you were doing well to be able to write a play in an afternoon lol. I hope you have a restful night. x

Viperidae, I'm glad you came back and posted. What triggered you this time? Something needs to change, you need a plan of action. How did you get on with your therapist today?

Thank you Lovehoops, it's really kind of you to say that. This is the only place I get support from so I need to keep close.

Wow JT, that's a long time to be awake but in saying that I did the same a couple of times last week. In fact at one point I was so tired, I felt ill. I'm sort of getting myself back into a routine now. Your body shakes are probably a reaction to both the exhaustion and the detoxing. Well done on not drinking, that's fab news. I hope you get a restful sleep tonight.

See you all tomorrow. Stay safe and stay sober. xx
Old 04-17-2018, 04:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Viper

I recall you had a great run of success when you posted for help before you drank ?

Maybe it's worth trying that again?

D
Old 04-17-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Glad you're back Viper - keep at it. I thought that a post yesterday by wibble
Coming up on 2 years sober, a few thoughts for newcomers.
really shows what you can do with some perseverance. He first joined SR in 2008.

Congrats JT on hitting 4 days. I hope that you can give your body a little rest and TLC and that you start to feel better soon.

I made it through Day 1 yesterday and Day 2 is almost over. I've learned a few things about what triggers me. I don't have all the answers but I'm trying to come up with a plan. For now it's one day at a time.

Thanks everyone for all the posts... they really give me hope.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sorry for the random check ins. So far this bout has gone well. I feel physically well and am sleeping great. What isn't going well is the weather here has been a literal disaster . We've been without power due to ice storms for almost 80 hours. We've been through this before but never with me sober and never with my wife going through menopause. The first two days were fine but try as I might (and I really am, I promise) my wife is really grating on me. Maybe that's my issue but I've been dealing with this so long i feel like I have a solid grasp on what is and what isn't irrational.

The house is warm, animals taken care of, we have food but every step is a struggle, I feel like nothing I do is good enough, to the point where I'm the brunt of her annoyance that the power won't come on, like I have any control over it. When I speak to her about it she almost immediately backs down (which isn't what I am after, I'm just after some rational thinking) , but before long she's blaming me for something again. As a drunk in early sobriety it's easy for me to just accept that whatever I'm doing is wrong, but objectively I feel like I'm really going a good job. Every solution I come up with is met with major pushback. Very frustrating. Sober problems are as tough as drunk ones... Maybe that's the point. Sorry, just venting.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome Clarkkent, lessgravity, sobersolstice, and BreezyFe! We've got a good group here and it's awesome to have you here!

It's good to see everyone posting. It's been absolutely insane here. Mondays are always super crazy for me. Today was an interesting day. A combination of complete frustration along with absolute happiness. Nothing wanted to go right today, other than the one class I taught tonight.

I am starting to think this class may be finally successful. It's growing people and they're having fun. It was packed and my mouth just about dropped when I walked in! Sometimes there are special gifts the universe gives us when we need them. Hopefully, it'll be packed next week too, but I'm not trying to get my hopes up. It's been something I've put my heart and soul into for almost a year.

Daisybelle-still keeping my fingers crossed your husband will start to melt and start to forgive you. Like you mentioned, it will probably take time. Keep on hanging in there. I also agree you do such a lovely job with addressing everyone!!

Strawberry-that is neat that you're going to write a play! What is it going to be about?

Viperidae and NT216-welcome back! It's good to have both of you here!

rmeat-that sounds awful with having no power. Ice storms are miserable. Maybe you can stay out of the path of your wife. It does get easier. Keep on hanging in there.

3trees-loved the story of your name! Mine is from a trailer park boys episode. If you look up two turnips in heat on youtube, you'll find it. Posting it here wouldn't go over well due to some of the content (swearing and alcohol). It is funny though. Happy belated b-day to your son!

Justtony-keep up the great work!

Keep up the great work class!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

day 4 check-in

hello friends,
today is day 4 and im feeling much better. this is the phase when the other me starts to look forward to the weekend. And historically, Friday im on my knees infront of alcohol again.

On reflection i think it may be an unwillingness to deal with my family at home, the stress, arguments, chores, kids homework etc. Maybe this is why i choose to be numbed over the weekend.

From Monday-Friday i can be sober quite easily because im at work. although if i was on holiday, i would be getting drunk daily.

This week, the plan is to stay busy. On Friday planning a movie and long walk. Saturday im not so sure yet.

I think i find family interaction stressful. even though i have a good wife and great 7 year old son. when disagreements happen or i need to discipline my son and he's trowing a tantrum... i find im unable to cope wit this.. or maybe that running to the refuge of beer oblivion has always been my go to.

i grew up in a stressful house growing up. and when my parents were getting loud i would lock myself in my room and bury myself in novels.
today its beer.

this needs to change.. but i see that it will be about facing the pain, and breathing.

thanks,