Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 2

Old 04-18-2018, 11:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Haris2014 - sounds like you are doing well.
Have a look around this thread and others - there'll be names you recognise
Old 04-18-2018, 11:27 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

A new sobor day for me ! A little tired but all good ! Went for. A 1 hour walk after the kids went to school now I'm going to do some weights !
Stay strong everyone x
Old 04-19-2018, 12:34 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Welcome back, Haris2014 - sounds like you are doing well.
Have a look around this thread and others - there'll be names you recognise
Thanks guys for the welcome

I have been having a look about for a few weeks now, and see a few old names.

I tend to gravitate towards the ‘starting out threads’ I don’t thing I will ever consider myself anything other than a beginner, I got a few weeks under my belt last time, got cocksure and slipped..took me over 18 months to get myself back on track. Sooo an expert in failure and a permanent beginner in sobriety😂

I am happy with that though...as long as I am not drunk I am happy.

Few things I am learning now ...being sober is bloody great..no hangovers, more money...(well same money in my pocket but at least my bills are getting paid)..happier wife, quality time instead of just time with my kid and god damn the positivity is addictive.

A question though...these last two nights I am having drunk dreams...I get wasted, do something embarrassing and then wake up...they are so damn real, I wake up expecting a hangover and a scolding from my wife...(the question) is this normal, is it a precursor to a relapse..do they go because it’s making me think about booze as soon as I wake up, that’s not what I want to be thinking about to be honest
Old 04-19-2018, 12:36 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Those hyper real dreams are very very common . I've had them and I bet everyone else here has too.

I didn't relapse

D
Old 04-19-2018, 12:44 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Those hyper real dreams are very very common . I've had them and I bet everyone else here has too.

I didn't relapse

D
First time I have had them,in years of trying to quit...it is bonkers how real they are... I try to skulk out of bed in a morning in case my breath smells😂
Old 04-19-2018, 02:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

09.05 a.m

Day 13

Good morning April Shower

I hope you are all having a better day than yesterday and are well and sober. I didn't get chance to post last night, I was so tired I ended up having a bath and going to bed. I slept very heavily again and still feel a bit groggy, though I have been up since before 6 am and have even been grocery shopping and put it away. The sun finally made an appearance yesterday and it is a beautiful morning now, makes me feel so much better when the weather's good. I've got 2 of my g.children again today, last day, their mum is off work tomorrow. Think I'm going to take the trampolining later.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Erratic, it will get easier by the day. Just stick with it and keep posting. Did you manage to get all your baby paraphernalia washed and dried? You must be on mega countdown now and slightly nervous I'm guessing. Can't think of a better reason for staying sober, you need to be on full alert ready for that call. It's hard when your children live far away, although it could have it's perks, I sometimes think mine live too close lol. Keep us posted with the baby news.

Thanks Dee for the congrats yesterday. Day 13 today, 13 unlucky for some but not for me

Kgirl congrats on day 4, you're doing really well and working hard on staying sober seeking our all those podcasts. I hope work is kind to you today and I hope that the sun comes out for you too. Take good care of yourself. x

G. morning Donny, I hope you had a better sleep last night. I often wake up at stupid o clock too and then lie there overthinking about things I can do nothing about at that time of morning anyway. Crazy. My g.children call me Nanny too, I enjoy having fun with them and I'm one of those nanny's that go on fairground rides with them,swings, trampolines, crafting etc. I think I'm having my second child hood. I love it. Have yourself a good day. x

Hiya 3tree, I can't wait for my bracelet to come, hopefully tomorrow and I'll post a pic of it. I'm sure it will look prettier than a string of cows lol. Gosh, I just read that you were the youngest of 12, I can't imagine what that would be like. I was the oldest of 3 and that was enough.
I must have a look myself at secular recovery and read up about it. There is so much here that I still haven't read and knowledge is power as they say. You'll be on day 18 today so many congratulations on that. I'll be on day 18 soon Have yourself a good day. x

Hi Strawberry, I didn't realise you lived in Greece, how lovely though I bet the weather is roasting. Hope your day is a good one.

BreezeFe, many congrats on 1week, how good is that? Don't let that stupid A.V peck your head. Go to the baby shower, hold your head up high, be dignified and show them that you are just as good as them, if not better. So what if you've put a bit of weight on, I bet they all don't look the same as last time you saw them, things change, people change.

I hope you enjoy your little trip away Lovehoops and I'll look forward to you telling us about it when you get back. Take care. x

KG77, be proud of yourself for coming straight back, well done on that. As I always seem to say, learn from it, draw a line under it and move on. Do whatever you need to do to stay sober. Look after yourself and keep posting. Stay close. x

Glad you got a little more sleep Tony and you're sounding a bit more positive today, which is great. I'm guessing that by weekend you'll feel so much better and hopefully the tremors will have subsided totally.
Try not to overdo it at the gym, but I do hope you go and enjoy it. Let us know what you think of the Buddhist Meditation Centre, if you decide to go. That is something I would be interest in as I respect their beliefs and life style. Enjoy your day and stop looking back, the past has gone and you can't do anything to change it. You can make a difference today though.

Welcome to our group Haris, good to have you with us. The people here are so supportive, kind and understanding, we're all walking the same walk. I've had long periods of sobriety too and then slipped up. I also started hiding wine, but my husband found it and I'm so in his bad books. I am glad he found it because it would have escalated, no point in kidding myself any more.
Wow, you're almost at 100 days, how good is that? I will be in that place before I know it, can't wait. Stick close and keep posting, because honestly it does help... a lot.
Oh and I've had the drunk dreams too, not this time as yet, but often in the past and flash backs too during the day. All part of the healing process I suppose.

Hi Caramel, have a good day.

Have to go now but I'll be back. Have the best Thursday you can and stay sober.
Love to you all.

Oh and I mustn't forget my pledge for today....

Just for today....I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct and I will accept those things I cannot.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good morning my friends! Just posted my 24 hr commitment, and saw our very own Turnip had her 2 weeks sober milestone, so congrats dear one!!
Hi Dee! Strawberry, I love seeing you are feeling better and stronger by the day! Totally Awesome!!
Haris, welcome to the group, and 100 days is great! I still have a ways to go but determined to get there.
Tony, hope today gets better brother.
Kgirl and everyone else, keep being awesome and have a great day!!
Oh yes! Daisybelle, our dear mum of the group💜 I am sure you are the best Nanny ever, as was my mom. We lost her to brain cancer 4 years ago, and frankly that helped me start drinking more heavily, as I look back and see this now. My kids still talk about her often, and we know Nanny is watching down over all of us, and it took some soul searching, but pretty sure she is proud of me right now!
Have a great Thursday, and love to all of you!!
Old 04-19-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hello April peeps Waking up sober again here on Day 5 and think the fog is finally starting to lift. We are traveling out of town this weekend for a taekwondo tournament and I'm excited to be sober for this one. The last tournament we had I got really drunk the night before we left and the whole trip was horrible. I didn't drink that night but I was soooo tired which carried over to the next day and the tournament. I'm looking forward to being alert, present and engaged Tonight my son and I will get a good workout in and go through his routines plus get a little sparring in. He loves it when I spar with him and I hate to admit that it hasn't happened near enough lately. He is a talented 2nd degree black belt in taekwondo and also does jiu jitsu. I hate that I have allowed my drinking to be a priority over helping him with his journey. It's so shameful but it's a good motivator to stay sober. Another motivator is my first grandchild is due in early June. I have so much to LIVE for and drinking is NOT LIVING!! I want to live and love life and that will never happen when I'm drinking. I accept this now.
I reaffirm my desire to not drink today and I will not pick up that 1st drink because 1 is never enough!
Have a wonderful sober day!
Old 04-19-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Afternoon all, was on earlier but didnt have time to make a post x

Thanks daisy x

Daughter had her sweep and apparently the she is 1cm dilated and head is engaged. so i have been on tender hooks until she phoned me, got a bit of a problem now though, her boyfriend fainted while it was done so he might not be ok for the birth so she wants me there so im having to speak to husband and make a decision on what to do. Maybe i will just go down tomo for just incase by train ahead of husband . god who knows what to do lol i need to relax and wait till hub is home from work. sry for the rambling.

Hope everyone is ok and is having an ok day xx will try post before i have to leave as i may not be able to get on a computer to update.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I’m still here. Reading posts and suffering through another head cold. On day 5 after my one night hiccup last weekend. The great news about that slip is it didn’t lead to me going “one more night, one more night...might as well. Already messed up.” No. No more. For me. Love sobriety too much. Hate the poison and will do what it takes to work through a craving next time.

Happy Thursday. Thx for all your thoughtful posts. I enjoy reading them!
Old 04-19-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Afternoon all, was on earlier but didnt have time to make a post x

Thanks daisy x

Daughter had her sweep and apparently the she is 1cm dilated and head is engaged. so i have been on tender hooks until she phoned me, got a bit of a problem now though, her boyfriend fainted while it was done so he might not be ok for the birth so she wants me there so im having to speak to husband and make a decision on what to do. Maybe i will just go down tomo for just incase by train ahead of husband . god who knows what to do lol i need to relax and wait till hub is home from work. sry for the rambling.

Hope everyone is ok and is having an ok day xx will try post before i have to leave as i may not be able to get on a computer to update.
How exciting! And so wonderful to be sober and clear to experience the birth of a grand baby!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi again lovelies

It's a scorcher here today, the hottest April day since 1947 according the news. We've certainly had all the seasons this week. I took the g.children trampolining, then McDonalds and now I'm home having a cup of tea and 10 mins to myself.

Hiya Donny, I did the 24 hr commitment too, I've started doing it every day, it sort of makes me accountable. 'Mum of the group' lol and thank you. I'll take it as a compliment, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, that is so sad and must have been so hard. Your sunny disposition is a credit to her and I have no doubt that she is looking down on you with pride. xxxx

You're sounding good Kgirl, keep it up. You will make this taekwando tournament one to remember for all the right reasons. My youngest g.son, aged 8, does Renshin karate and he recently became a purple belt. I'm so proud of him and love watching him. Enjoy your day. x
Oh and I just realised what you said about your first grandchild being due in June, how lovely, many congratulations. Grandchildren are magic, do you know if it will be a pink one or a blue on? You definitely will be sober for the arrival. xx

O.M.G Erratic, how exciting and nerve racking at the same time. Your daughter may have had this baby by the time you get there. Take good care of yourself and update us when you can. x

Good to see you posting Quitnow and well done on day 5, another 2 and it will be a week, so keep doing what you're doing. You will crack this.

Back later hopefully, love to all. xx
Old 04-19-2018, 12:32 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 18.
Whoop!

Never a dull moment....
My daughter fell in the school gym. A few tables were still up from lunch time. Cracked her head open. Luckily we got the bleeding stopped. No stitches....but she is hurting. Hanging out with her right now.

My husband left for work trip. Won't be back until Saturday.
Other daughter will be out of the house for a track meet.

Thankfully, I will go back to work soon until 10pm....but it will be that little window of time between work and getting home tonight when the old 3trees would swing by and get a nice bottle of wine to "wine-down" after a long and stressful day. After all, I deserve it...right?

Wrong.
I deserve so much better....like Day 19.

Strawberry green tea sounds amazing too.

Good luck to all
Congrats to all
Keep fighting the good fight!
Old 04-19-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 4 and was planning a drink for Saturday but the big book and in particular section 2 of the personal stories have put me into a sober frame of mind.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:32 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Well I guess I’m back
I’m going to be honest I’ve had no plans on stopping drinking since my last day 1 until today!!! My head is in a bad place all the drinking I’ve been doing has stopped my medication from working and hello bipolar it hasn’t treated me well today went from full of energy super hyper to irritable to a deep depression thinking terrible stuff so I guess wanting to and having to is the deal breaker for me right now I don’t think I can and want to live my life feeling this way not fun at all!!!! Guess today is day 1
Old 04-19-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Haris2014 View Post
Thanks guys for the welcome

I have been having a look about for a few weeks now, and see a few old names.

I tend to gravitate towards the ‘starting out threads’ I don’t thing I will ever consider myself anything other than a beginner, I got a few weeks under my belt last time, got cocksure and slipped..took me over 18 months to get myself back on track. Sooo an expert in failure and a permanent beginner in sobriety😂

I am happy with that though...as long as I am not drunk I am happy.

Few things I am learning now ...being sober is bloody great..no hangovers, more money...(well same money in my pocket but at least my bills are getting paid)..happier wife, quality time instead of just time with my kid and god damn the positivity is addictive.

A question though...these last two nights I am having drunk dreams...I get wasted, do something embarrassing and then wake up...they are so damn real, I wake up expecting a hangover and a scolding from my wife...(the question) is this normal, is it a precursor to a relapse..do they go because it’s making me think about booze as soon as I wake up, that’s not what I want to be thinking about to be honest
I have the same dreams too. I am almost frozen when I wake up trying to figure out if that really happened! And when I was drinking, the feeling was the same if I had blacked out. It is a very disturbing feeling.

I am getting them less now, but having other dreams like losing control of my car and the like.

I think since we are so focused on staying in control, our subconscious has to release that energy somehow. I am thankful they are dreams.

I hear you about how the positivity grows. It can be breathtaking at times. It is enough to keep me going, that is for sure!
Old 04-19-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

all the best with your daughter and the birth erratic
congrats on day 5 quitnow, day 4 schizodoc and day 18 3 trees

hi daisybelle and anyone else reading

welcome back Nichole - any ideas on what you might do differently this time?

D
Old 04-19-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Dee
Honestly I have no clue what to do!!!! I feel there isn’t a way out
Old 04-19-2018, 05:39 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey guys- I f***ed up. Tuesday after work I went to get a manicure- it was a place I'd never been before- on the way home. They offered me a glass of champagne or wine when I sat down. I took the champ.

I had been doing so well. Even the black eye healed.

Then Wednesday after work I had a hair appt. I love my hairdresser- she's one of my best friends- I tell her everything, and she likes to drink/party. She's moving, so I have to find a new hairdresser, but anyway- we split a couple bottles of champagne and because of that I woke up today on my couch, and was late 1 hour to work. I've been very fortunate with work and I don't want to mess it up.

This is hard. I need to do some soul searching here, and I'm a little scared. I know what sobriety tastes like- it's amazing. But that AV keeps coming around when I least expect it.

This group is so cool. It has been very helpful keeping me in line. This weekend I read about AVRT. I started to think that might be best for me- but obviously not because once I have a couple drinks- it's just over for me. It doesn't work for my situation.

I'm really happy to see all of you doing so well- all communicating. Love and light to you all
Old 04-19-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

But that AV keeps coming around when I least expect it.
thats why a plan is really important.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

I get offered alcohol in various situations.
I say no thanks and maybe ask instead for a water, juice, soft drink or a cup of tea

Not big noting myself - just saying it's possible

D