Old 04-27-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

AV just had a go and here I am.

See it for what it is,

Stay strong.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:55 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
Is that Sonic, your avatar, as in the game Sonic?
Yup that's him.

Brain fog is just beginning to clear, let's all stay the course this weekend. Staying close to SR is the best advice I can give.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:55 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I know the guy that creates all the Sonic games on apps. Cool bloke as is his team in the UK.

I'm going for a walk (3 to 4 miles). I can't let the AV win.

JT
Old 04-27-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Only 3h15 of work and then I will get home for the weekend. My anxiety should go down. I'm at day 3 and I hate that nausea, those shakes, etc. I know I won't drink today but I cannot wait for me to feel better...
Old 04-27-2018, 10:36 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Day 4. I’ve gotten through the withdrawals, feeling better. I’ve started going to AA again, think I’ll hit a meeting tonight to fend off any negative thoughts. Let’s make this our last quit everyone!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I've just walked too Tony...
Agghh hate Friday nights..
Still symbolic of a good few bottles of wine ....
On a positive I've clocked 24k today on my Fitbit
All time record ...
16 dogs walked..joys of my small dog walking business
Old 04-27-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Ps Daisy Belle you have done so incredibly well
21 days is flipping amazing xxxx
Old 04-27-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
I know the guy that creates all the Sonic games on apps. Cool bloke as is his team in the UK.

I'm going for a walk (3 to 4 miles). I can't let the AV win.

JT
Hey JT, way to kick some @ss today!

When you say "all the Sonic games on apps".......like iPhone apps?

Because the little bugger has the Sonic apps installed on my phone. When he forgets to charge his phone, he steals mine.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:28 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post

When you say "all the Sonic games on apps".......like iPhone apps?
Yep - he's the lead bloke that designs all the iPhone Sonic games. He tells me how it all works. It's an intriguing world that he's in!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

3.5 miles walked.

Got a bit wet and cold but at least I didn't drive to the shop instead and pick up 3 or 4 bottles of wine.

Wife is just brewing me a Red Bush Tea.

I've beaten the AV for today.

JT
Old 04-27-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Yep - he's the lead bloke that designs all the iPhone Sonic games. He tells me how it all works. It's an intriguing world that he's in!
Wow, that is so cool. As said, my son has gone bonkers for Sonic. I hear my boy portraying Sonic and saying things like "step it up"!....He's gone mad, I say, mad!

Tell your bloke, thanks for the insanity..
Old 04-27-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Just an afternoon check in. I did a little errand running and got home with out beer, yay. I've let those two things go hand in hand far to long.

Looks like I am doing soccer practice tonight which wasn't my thing to do and it kinda made me want to find a cigarette. But that passed and it's fine.

AV in my head is now the wicked witch. It's easy for me now to visualize dropping a house on her and shutting her up. No idea how that never came to me before but its working for the moment. Lol.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

HI everyone,

Friday evening check in..had a rough week at work so I'm glad it's Friday!! We are going into Manhattan tomorrow to see a Broadway play with friends. My husband and the other man will drink beer. The wife does not drink much...should be fine

3trees...my sugar cravings are through the roof...it's our bodies craving the sugar from alcohol...ugh

JT...Glad to see you are getting out and about..

Daisy...thanks for all of your warm posts xoxo

Welcome to newcomers....grateful to be here..

It's almost MAY!!!!
Old 04-27-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi, my name is Suze and I am an alcoholic, I live in the UK and have a beautiful little girl who will be 6 in June. I have been drinking for 20 years I started AA last summer and got 2 months which was wonderful and amazing but then I drank. Got sober again end of Nov and for the first time in 20 years I was sober Xmas and New Year. This time I did myself and whilst I enjoyed sobriety I was white knuckling it a bit. Mid Jan started drinking again and of course it got a hold on me and I am not even sure how many days sober I am as I can't truly remember my last drink. I had a 10 day alcohol binge with xanax thrown into the mix. I have 4 days on my calender that I have zero recollection of. In those 10 days I have been knocked over by a quad bike, slipped and fell in my bathroom and fell off a wall into a basement flat. I also tried to smash someone's window and had a police caution. I am lucky to be alive. I have had about 7 hours sleep in 3 days (5 of them being last night) and suffered really awful withdrawals, with mild hallucinations and hearing things. For 2 nights now I have prayed so hard to God to let me to live and to beat my addiction. I feel like my prayers have been answered. My body is black and blue, I am mentally and physically exhausted but I am grateful to be alive and to have a 2nd chance. I will never drink alcohol again. One day at a time for me. Back in AA and WORKING IT this time and joining here for help advice anything!! It feels good to be here!
Old 04-27-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in again before I go to bed, it's just turned midnight. Hope you've all had a good,sober Friday..

Thanks for the congrats Neverthought, good plan volunteering to drive on your night out and it's great that you're feeling so positive . You certainly have a busy life. Mid life crisis? Does that mean you've bought a motor bike, a leather jacket, had your ear pierced and sporting a pony tail? Lol. I'm sure your son keeps you young. I was only 18 when I had my first and 23 when I had my second, so I'm quite a young nan really. I love hanging out with the grands, they are some of my favourite people.

Wow Chick that was some dream, it's really weird how I can't remember my dreams at the moment, may be that's a good thing. I've finished the 'couple next door' now and I've just started 'The girl before.' I've not read 'The good liar' I'll have to look out for that one. Aww I love those school concerts, I'd have been crying too, my granddaughter sings in the school choir and I'm always riveted when she sings, she is sooo expressive, I can never take my eyes off her. I love reading your posts about your family, one thing you are not is boring. I've got 3 g.children sleeping over tomorrow, so that should be fun. x

Welcome Habselfan, day 3 is awesome. I think day 3 is the hardest, once you've got that one out of the way, it will all start falling into place. Stay close and Keep posting.

Hi Tony, don't know about you but I'm sick of all this rain, once it starts it doesn't know when to stop. Where are you off to at the end of May? I'm hoping to go somewhere for a week at the end of May/beginning of June, not sure where though or even if my husband will go now.
Give that bloody A.V the 2 finger salute, you know what a liar it is. It's told me some whoppers but I'm not having it peck my head any more. Keep posting when it tries to move in on you. You've got this, you're stronger than you know.
Oh and Redbush tea is sooo good.

Well done beating the A.V 5upersonic, it obviously didn't have any joy with Tony so it thought it'd try its luck with you. You did the best thing by posting. I'm up for staying the course this weekend, count me in. x

Bluedog, told you it'd get better after day 3 didn't I? I hope your meeting went well tonight and I look forward to reading about it. Definitely lets all make this our last quit, I know I have. x

Rowlands I love walking, it really helps with the A.V, it clears my head and helps unravel all the turmoil in there! I love that you have a dog walking business, that sounds so good. How long have you been doing that?
Thanks for your kind words re my 21 days, I'm flippin' impressed with myself. It's past midnight so 22 now. x

Enjoy Manhattan Lovehoops, I hope you have a lovely night. What are you going to see?

Suze, that is one of the bravest and most honest posts I think I've ever read. You don't ever need to feel like that again, it's over. The only way to go now is forward, each day you will heal a little more physically and mentally. We are all walking this walk with you and I'm so glad to have you with us on this journey. Take good care of yourself. I look forward to seeing you post again tomorrow.

Going to do my gratitude post now and then off to bed.

Good night all, make it a peaceful and sober one. xx
Old 04-27-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone, early Friday night for me, which is good!!
Suze, welcome and so glad you are here. I can assure you it is much better than getting run over by a quad! So glad your ok. Stick around, such a great group of people here!
Sleep well everyone or whatever you all are doing out there, enjoy it and keep it sober!! Love to all...
Old 04-27-2018, 05:18 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply! Yes it is hard and above all it is a friday. I usually drink on friday... But even though I feel like drinking, I won't. I'm drinking coffee and watching tv and I am sure tomorrow I will feel proud of myself. It will be worth it. Tomorrow will be another challenge but I will succeed! Tomorrow is my last day without my girlfriend since she is coming back from a long trip. Having her close to me should make it easier to resist AV. She will help me I know!

Anyway, I have great night guys!!

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Welcome Habselfan, day 3 is awesome. I think day 3 is the hardest, once you've got that one out of the way, it will all start falling into place. Stay close and Keep posting.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 13 Kgirl
good on you Donnyb
way to go on day 3 NT, habslefan and bluedog day 4

hey Daisybelle snitch and anyone I missed!

I'm really glad you got through chickchick you too JustTony Rowlands and 5upersonic - the more we beat the AV the weaker it gets...

I stopped even engaging with it. What it wanted was not in my best interests at all.

welcome CAC1013 and habslefan

D
Old 04-27-2018, 08:49 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Day 14

The AV was so strong last night I was already (mentally) in my car, driving to the shop for wine and preparing my excuses and disappearance from SR in my head. I’m very proud to have fought it so hard last night and got through. I can only hope that has given me some battle experience for my next encounter with the AV?

It’s a great group here. Without doubt Daisy holds it together with her posts. I hope you don’t mind Daisy but you remind me of my mum. She had me when she was 16 years old. A really clever, artistic, expressive and tactile individual is my mum. But alcohol ruined all her potential (unlike you who is clearly fighting it). My mum is still around today and I love her very much. But she lost so much of her life due to drink. Your personal qualities remind me of her so much though - even down to the painting of pebbles (she’s artistic too). In answer to your question I’m going to Scandinavia and Russia on a round trip. The culture is amazing in the latter. Thinking of going to Moscow if I can make it that far in.

Suze (Snitch) - what a read. Piggybacking off the comments about Daisy it cannot escape anyone’s notice how (in general) alcoholics tend to be deep thinkers with a great ability to express themselves. Again my observations are that most are incredibly bright too. I’m not saying that to self serve my own ego as an alcoholic - you just have to read Suze’s account to know that here is a very bright person with a very serious addiction. Stay close Suze - we will help you as much as we can. We only ask that you help us back.

Rowland - wow I thought I walked a lot! Crikey! I do love dogs though. In fact I love animals. I prefer them to people (by miles). There is no side to them. No ‘angle’ or ‘edge’ they are seeking. It’s why I don’t eat them (not just dogs! All animals!)

Donny - good job on getting an early night. Sometimes it’s better to go into sleepy La La Land than white knuckle a Friday early on.

Habs - I hope having your partner back home keeps you on the straight and narrow as you suggest! My wife and doggie go away this morning for 36 hours so I’m going to have to make a plan to get through the potential for sneaky drinking. Boringly for the readership here it will definitely involve the Gym (leg day - Urghh), some more walking (on my own - no pooch) and maybe a visit to the local Buddhist meditation centre for the first time.... mmmmm yeah.....

Blue - we’ll done on day 4. The hardest bit is done! Forwards!!!!!

Chick chick - seen you post for a while now as you have seen me. Let’s hope we beat it finally eh? Love the notion of dropping a house on the AV and it being a witch!

Lovehoops - always lovely to see you. You’re doing so well!

I know many more people post on here but I’m on my iPhone so I can’t track back and respond to everyone. The above posters were just the latest responders I could remember.

I do hope Red and Strawberry post again soon. They are my friends from December/January when we all had good spells of sobriety together (50 days in my case). I know you can do it ladies - please join me on here again?

This is my favourite time of day. I have six candles going in my living room. The house is so quiet you can literally here my thumb tapping the iPhone key pad.

I do love living in the country. I’m going to make coffee number two now, return to my candle lit lounge and think about my life. The good, bad and the tragic. It’s my time to let it all in, and if need be to let some of it out, in the privacy of my own mindfulness and in the quiet.

Love and Strength to you all.

JT
Old 04-27-2018, 08:49 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Just posting a quick goodnight. I attended a meeting this evening, glad I did! Glad I am sober another full day also.
Crazy day to come tomorrow with the kids. I knew it would be but some stuff got bumped so we need to be out of the house 2 hours earlier than I expected. Whew. Glad I will be clearheaded for it. If I drank tonight it wouldn't have been pretty in the morning.

Love to all and sweet dreams/ have a spectacular day.