Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 374

Old 04-16-2018, 08:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cornpone View Post
24 please. finally taking live calls at work and man are they stressful. very rewarding though. feels good to help people in need
So happy for you,,cornpone. ❤️
Old 04-16-2018, 08:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
What a day. Sometimes I seriously feel like we live in a zoo. I don’t know what is going on lately but the kids have been bouncing off the walls and just getting through dinner time at the table is absolute torture. We are seriously considering splitting them up and having them eat in different rooms, that’s how out of control it has become. I know it’s just a phase or the planets or god knows what but man, it’s taking a toll on my husband’s patience and of course on mine as well.

Anyway. It was too rainy to paint the patio so I will have to do it tomorrow if the weather permits. I ran errands all day and am happy to be lying in bed next to my snoring toddler. He is so lovely when he’s sleeping lol. No really, why are kids so adorable when they are sleeping? I just want to capture this peace and innocence in a bottle.

I might get in bed and read until 9. Goodnight sober friends...
Hope that you are sleeping soundly, Sunflowerlife. ❤️
Old 04-16-2018, 09:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Had a challenging yet great work day yest but was too tired to post. Wouldn’t have summed it up that way even a yr ago; a coworker who’s not even a Sup or mgr speaks condescendingly to me all the time & I’m not exaggerating! As I’ve mentioned before, I’m @ a different bldg coz help is needed there. But I’m the kind of guy whose not ashamed to ask how something is done if I don’t know. Anyway, I did & on top of that a stack of totes fell when was twenty feet up. So he came to find out about it coz he’s quite a distance from it & in response I just killed him with kindness. As I left to go home, he said bye & will see me on Thur!! Huh? What? Never said that to me & not that I stooped to his level, but I believe coz dude @ my normal bldg mostly helped me get where I’m @. Honestly believe that work place is training ground for me since I live alone. All cred & glory belongs to Him coz there’s no way I would respond not react as do today.
24 mo
Old 04-16-2018, 09:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
Had a challenging yet great work day yest but was too tired to post. Wouldn’t have summed it up that way even a yr ago; a coworker who’s not even a Sup or mgr speaks condescendingly to me all the time & I’m not exaggerating! As I’ve mentioned before, im @ a different bldg coz help is needed there. But im the kind of guy whose not ashamed to ask how something is done if I don’t know. Anyway, I did & on top of that a stack of totes fell when was twenty feet up. So he came to find out about it coz he’s quite a distance from it & in response I just killed him with kindness in response. As I left to go home, he said bye & will see me on Thur!! Huh? What? Never said that to me & not that I stooped to his level but I believe coz dude @ my normal bldg helped me get where I’m @. Honestly believe that work place is training ground for me since I live alone
Always so proud of you, 1new! ❤️
Old 04-16-2018, 09:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

In for 24
Old 04-16-2018, 09:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

24 hours please. Good to be back on SR.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
24 hours please. Good to be back on SR.

Really, really great to see you, Grateful11.

Welcome back.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Early morning for me today! 24 please and it's 6.02am here in Orkney.

I'm so happy to be back to my first week sober again. It feels like the most important week. Congratulations to all who are celebrating milestone today.

Love to you all and have a good day 💗💗
Old 04-16-2018, 10:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

10:23 pm in California and checking in for another 24. My husband usually does the taxes, I kept asking him if we were done yet, and no we were not. Since they are due tomorrow I spent several hours finishing them tonight, and will finalize tomorrow. I am frustrated with him because he has had months, and said he was going to do them, and every time I asked he said he'd finish.

We are going to owe money. Which stinks, but it will not be as bad as we thought, and I will set up a payment plan with state and federal to make those payments. I am really not a fan of the IRS today (or any day for that matter)

Have a great night everyone.

❤️Delilah
Old 04-16-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Late pacific time....in for 24 Hrs
Old 04-16-2018, 11:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm checking in for my next 24

Delilah, we signed our taxes yesterday night and Ken mailed today. And .... my oldest BIL is a bookkeeper!!

My MIL did them for years 'n years. Then as she aged, my BIL trained under her to learn the business. Which he now does, since my MIL passed away last June.

We owe too .... sucks ...we pay all year, and it seems it's never enough.
Bobbi
Old 04-16-2018, 11:18 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Another 24 please , 7.18am
Old 04-16-2018, 11:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

24 for me please - cuddles to those celebrating and cuddles to those needing a hug. Love to all Yix x
Old 04-16-2018, 11:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

8:50 am. I'm in for 24 hours
Old 04-17-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

08.02 a.m U.K

Good morning lovely people.

Just popping in to pledge my next 24.

Have the best Tuesday you can all of you. xx
Old 04-17-2018, 12:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

08:33am....24 more please...love to all
Old 04-17-2018, 12:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Its 8.27am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hour sober and clean.

I hope everyone is well and staying strong. I had a madly busy week and weekend and not had time to read any posts. I think about you all the time though. I really don't know where I would be without this site. Checking in on this thread every morning is now second nature to be; as normal as putting the kettle on for my coffee. Every day I feel stronger and better. The first couple of months were an emotional roller coaster but things are settling down now. I went to see a movie yesterday and I just watched the movie! Didn't sit there stressing over my life and my regrets, didn't start crying cos something was triggered, I just watched the movie! I have come a long way.

Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone, my thoughts and prayers go to those suffering and struggling.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 04-17-2018, 12:55 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Checking in ...
Please let the anxiety ease x 08.54
Old 04-17-2018, 01:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Another 24 please