Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 372

Old 04-10-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
"You see, success isn’t a list of goals to be checked off one after another. It’s not reaching a destination. Success is a journey." - John Maxwell

5:50am in Alberta, today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Another 24 please, and thanks..

Thanks Dee!
, cowboy
Old 04-10-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Safe travels ManInTheArena!

Happy Tuesday everyone. Hasn't been the greatest Tuesday so far for me but I'm looking for and finding positives. So far today....

a) I got two more speeding tickets in the post this morning courtesy of the person or persons unknown who have cloned my car's number plate. This has involved being stuck on hold for ages waiting to report it to the police and quite a lot of detective work to provide evidence that it wasn't me driving. But the positives are.... I can provide evidence that it wasn't me driving and the police were extremely helpful and understanding on the phone.

b) I got a phone call from my bank saying there has been suspicious activity on my card this morning in France. I'm not in France and seeing as I've been on hold waiting to talk to the police all morning, I haven't been engaging in any suspicious activity. So my bank card has been blocked. But the positive is.... thank goodness for fraud departments keeping an eye on suspicious activity. I will get a new card sent to me in a day or so and I won't lose any money... it's really no more than a minor inconvenience.

c) The kids have been fighting and moaning about missing Easter eggs and then the dog vomited all over my bed. The positives are....at least this solves the mystery of the missing Easter eggs and I was planning on cleaning all my bed linen today anyway.

d) The kids and I went to the vets to get the sick dog checked and when I was presented with the bill I realised that I had no way of paying because my bank card has been blocked. But the positives are.... the vet was extremely understanding and told me that as we are so well known at the surgery (my dog is always doing stupid things) I can come in and pay when my new card arrives. The best positive is that the greedy Labrador is absolutely fine.... he looks about ready to go Easter egg hunting again.

So, all in all everything is fine. And whilst I do feel angry about the person speeding around London with my number plate and the person living it up in France with my bank card, I'm determined to keep sending positive vibes out into the world. Because if the police don't catch up with these crooks, karma certainly will. And she can be a right bitch. So there's no need for me to be.

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxxxx
Hugs and so much love, dear kenton!

Love your perspectives and sense of humor, sweetheart.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
I live in Minnesota. I have my self to blame for it because I washed and put away all of my winter gear a few days ago.
It’s not your fault- it’s Murphy’s Law! Real Spring will be here soon enough-stay warm!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
What a wonderfully ambitious day....I hope you love it but don't work TOO hard....and oh yes, it would be wonderful to see before and after. ♥♥

Love you. ♥
Love you too. Just finishing up a really great workout. Heading to Lowe’s and then the fun begins! I am realizing it’s when I am bored that I binge. Keeping busy takes the focus off of food. So I need to keep moving!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh.....hope you get out of Lowes with any money left in the bank....the petunias must be coming this week and they are so so gorgeous....holy moly.....you can get some divine hanging plants.....a lovely pothos or prayer plant.....mmmmmm.......

I realise you are going there to buy supplies to get the room painted, so when you walk in DO NOT LOOK LEFT. Mind you , it won't matter, because there will be 1000s of plants lined up outside. Happy sigh.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
GOOD Morning Beautiful People!!
Good Morning, Gorgeous Kris!!! 💜
Old 04-10-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
8:39 am not sure what the day is going to unfold to except I am not drinking.

badge
Hope that all goes very well, badge!!! 💜
Old 04-10-2018, 08:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good Morning! Another 24 for me please
Old 04-10-2018, 08:16 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
Good Morning! Another 24 for me please
Congrats, lyddie'
Old 04-10-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Count me in.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
Good morning everyone. Im still sober and intend to stay that way!

The rumors are that I may get another 10 inches in the coming days! There’s just no end to this winters misery. Oh well there’s nothing I can do about it so, there’s no sense in getting mad about it.

Congrats to today’s celebrants and all who are here today!
Am I the only one who thought this sounded a little rude haha!
Sorry guys I'll blame the paint fumes!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Yes, you are the only one..... Honestly woman. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 04-10-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Love you too. Just finishing up a really great workout. Heading to Lowe’s and then the fun begins! I am realizing it’s when I am bored that I binge. Keeping busy takes the focus off of food. So I need to keep moving!
I snack when I'm bored too Sunflower. I bought some low calorie cereal bars on Sunday but then ate the whole pack on one go!
I've been thinking about my appearance recently. Not on a vain way but it struck me that I never really looked at myself for a long time . Not properly. I've aged.
Saggy body, wrinkles, more greys and of course a spread in the waistline. But do you know what? I don't care as much as I thought I might. I wear my wrinkles and grey hairs as trophies of my fight for sobriety. I earned them. From every sleepless anxiety ridden night and every flood of tears I shed through those acute AV attacks.
Yes okay I'd love to look younger but I think wearing my "scars" from the fight for my life is actually something to strive for. Pretty amazing eh?
Old 04-10-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

Count me in for another 24
Old 04-10-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

It is dear jojo......wear those scars proudly. And thank you.....you have given me a different perspective entirely here....I hate the damage from my drinking.....maybe it's time to see it all differently.

Love you to pieces oh wise and saucy friend. ♥♥
Old 04-10-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yes, you are the only one..... Honestly woman. ♥♥♥♥♥
Hahahaha!!!!!
❤❤❤❤❤❤
Old 04-10-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalNow View Post
Count me in for another 24
With pleasure love...and I do believe it's your anniversary...... ♥♥♥♥

oooooooooo 5 yrs and 6 months.....wow......

on 5 years and 6 months dearest EternalNow!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Oh Ms Weav.....
How are you honey?
Sending huge squooshes. ♥♥♥
Old 04-10-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Safe travels ManInTheArena!

Happy Tuesday everyone. Hasn't been the greatest Tuesday so far for me but I'm looking for and finding positives. So far today....

a) I got two more speeding tickets in the post this morning courtesy of the person or persons unknown who have cloned my car's number plate. This has involved being stuck on hold for ages waiting to report it to the police and quite a lot of detective work to provide evidence that it wasn't me driving. But the positives are.... I can provide evidence that it wasn't me driving and the police were extremely helpful and understanding on the phone.

b) I got a phone call from my bank saying there has been suspicious activity on my card this morning in France. I'm not in France and seeing as I've been on hold waiting to talk to the police all morning, I haven't been engaging in any suspicious activity. So my bank card has been blocked. But the positive is.... thank goodness for fraud departments keeping an eye on suspicious activity. I will get a new card sent to me in a day or so and I won't lose any money... it's really no more than a minor inconvenience.

c) The kids have been fighting and moaning about missing Easter eggs and then the dog vomited all over my bed. The positives are....at least this solves the mystery of the missing Easter eggs and I was planning on cleaning all my bed linen today anyway.

d) The kids and I went to the vets to get the sick dog checked and when I was presented with the bill I realised that I had no way of paying because my bank card has been blocked. But the positives are.... the vet was extremely understanding and told me that as we are so well known at the surgery (my dog is always doing stupid things) I can come in and pay when my new card arrives. The best positive is that the greedy Labrador is absolutely fine.... he looks about ready to go Easter egg hunting again.

So, all in all everything is fine. And whilst I do feel angry about the person speeding around London with my number plate and the person living it up in France with my bank card, I'm determined to keep sending positive vibes out into the world. Because if the police don't catch up with these crooks, karma certainly will. And she can be a right bitch. So there's no need for me to be.

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxxxx
What can I say
Thank you for sharing
A lot to learn from it .......
Old 04-10-2018, 10:08 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Three cheers!!!

❤️ ❤️

Milestoners!!!

lyddie!!!

Rar!!!!

erfra!!!