SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connections Part 369 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/425730-24hour-recovery-connections-part-369-a.html)

PhoenixJ 04-01-2018 05:36 AM

support to all

vanaprastha 04-01-2018 05:37 AM

24 more please.

Kris47 04-01-2018 05:40 AM

https://s7.postimg.org/9q4llxc8b/Goo...ow-flowers.jpg

Have a Blooming Good Day!

Off to church..........................

Kris47 04-01-2018 05:41 AM

Hello PJ and Vana!

joandmelandhan 04-01-2018 05:48 AM

Hi Kris! :wave:
Wishing you a peaceful and serene Easter sweetheart :hug::hug::hug:

shortstop81 04-01-2018 05:48 AM

Good morning all, it's 8:47am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

venuscat 04-01-2018 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 6844175)
Good morning gang!
Just enjoying my last few minutes before the girls come home. Large coffee at the side of me and a catch up here before I get out of my lovely warm bed.
I have hidden some chocolate bunnies for Melly to find so that should be fun! We bought a couple of fish for her tank yesterday as a surprise too. I'm just going to wait until she notices!
We have at last found a prom dress online that Hannah likes. Plus I found it so I feel quite whoopee about it! The dilemma is the price. Lets just say it will feed us for 4 weeks! Do I get it? Do we keep looking? It would be nice to treat her before her exams begin (yes bribery I don't care!) so I am of a mind to go for it!
Joined the gym yesterday (after mulling it over all flipping morning!) and went to an aquafit class in the afternoon. I must say it was fun and I will be happy to keep going to that one. My plan to go this morning when I woke up hasn't happened though but I'm allowing myself some slack on this one or I'll just have another excuse to be down on myself and that is NOT the plan.
All in all I feel a little unnerved by this gym-joining, dress-buying etc activity. It feels over-indulgent and then guilt follows. I know you guys will get it. I just need to remind myself that I am indeed allowed to treat myself. Alcoholism is not something I need to punish myself for forever right? Gosh I wish I could turn the volume down on that annoying little voice in my head that sabotages my joy. Sod you annoying voice!
Aah that feels a little better.......
That's another beautiful thing about SR. If I can post a kind word or encourage someone else (even in the tiniest way) it quietens down that voice. Giving back what I received in my hours of desperation. I think that's how it works for us all yes?
On quiet mornings like this I can almost physically feel gratitude like waves. Even now at 8 months (ODAAT) I don't know how I would cope without my sober family. You guide me every day and accept my "isms" without a second thought. It humbles me and I thank you all :hug: :hug: :hug:

How I love waking up to your posts my love......gratitude in waves....yes indeed.....mwwwwaaaaa xx ♥♥♥♥♥

venuscat 04-01-2018 05:57 AM

https://i.imgur.com/CpHydKr.jpg

24 more hours of precious freedom please, with so much love to everyone.

Nic233 04-01-2018 05:58 AM

I’ve been to my Parents for Easter dinner and it was tough. There was only me and my 2 boys, my Parents and my Brother but everyone was acting weird, it was strained. Obviously my Mum has told my Dad and my Brother what’s going on but my boys still don’t know so everyone was walking on eggshells.. There’s usually a lot of laughter and joking but not tonight.. my youngest son asked me later if I’m arguing with his grandma because of the tension. I just want everything to be normal.. I’m so emotional.
Tomorrow is a new day right? Hope everyone has had a good Easter..
sending love x

gatorman 04-01-2018 05:59 AM

In for 24 more please!

venuscat 04-01-2018 06:00 AM

Oh Nic honey, just hugs. :hug: ♥♥♥♥♥

Jotick 04-01-2018 06:13 AM

Please count me in for another 24. Day 16 😃

bandicoot2 04-01-2018 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6844313)

https://i.imgur.com/CpHydKr.jpg

24 more hours of precious freedom please, with so much love to everyone.

Good morning beautiful Suze! I logged off yesterday and missed your greeting by a minute! Happy Easter and Thank You for being YOU!! :grouphug: :grouphug:

bandicoot2 04-01-2018 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Nic233 (Post 6844314)
I’ve been to my Parents for Easter dinner and it was tough. There was only me and my 2 boys, my Parents and my Brother but everyone was acting weird, it was strained. Obviously my Mum has told my Dad and my Brother what’s going on but my boys still don’t know so everyone was walking on eggshells.. There’s usually a lot of laughter and joking but not tonight.. my youngest son asked me later if I’m arguing with his grandma because of the tension. I just want everything to be normal.. I’m so emotional.
Tomorrow is a new day right? Hope everyone has had a good Easter..
sending love x

(((Nic))). :grouphug::grouphug:

ulfr 04-01-2018 06:19 AM

Can i sign up for 24 hours please

bandicoot2 04-01-2018 06:19 AM

Good morning my sober family, please count me ALL in.
Congratulations to my fellow Milestoners!! I'm pleased and very grateful to celebrate with you today!! :grouphug:

Wishing everyone a peaceful and sober Sunday and Easter if you celebrate it (I do!) Hugs, peace, strength and love to everyone who is sick or struggling......xxxx

venuscat 04-01-2018 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by GrantMeSerenity (Post 6844352)
Can i sign up for 24 hours please

You certainly can. :)

Good morning love....good morning bandi. :hug: s ♥

venuscat 04-01-2018 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jotick (Post 6844343)
Please count me in for another 24. Day 16 😃

And lovely to see you here every day!!!! Day 16 is awesome. :) :hug: ♥♥

bandicoot2 04-01-2018 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kris47 (Post 6844271)
GOOD Morning Beautiful People!!

GOD Morning Beautiful Kris!! :grouphug:

goodbyeevan 04-01-2018 06:22 AM

24 more hours please. Congrats to those celebrating milestones! There's alot of ya today! Great job! Hope you're all getting some treats today.