Administrator

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 366

Welcome to the New
24 Hour Recovery Connection.

Please join others in making a commitment to stay
clean and sober for the next 24 Hours.

Check in once a day and every day by posting
your local time.
You may post a special message or song or image or your story.
Anyone can volunteer to do something
special for the group.
---------------------------------------------

last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-365-a-20.html (24Hour Recovery Connections Part 365)

D
Old 03-24-2018, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr

Check me in for 24.
Have a great day.
V.

Thx D
Hi Leigh.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Another 24 please , 7.42am
Old 03-25-2018, 12:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning sober sprouts. Well well well. The first superdooper spring like day in my neck of the woods. The media monster rolls out the news spouting such lines as "The beast from the East returneth!" (and we wont have enough gas supplies and we will all perish) but No! Its glorious. So fine peeps of the sober new order....i shall throw my cards on the table for another 24 big cahoonas.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Haha! Gteat cheerful post Soberista!!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 12:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

24 more, thanks @ 8.28am x
Old 03-25-2018, 12:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning all. Its 8.50am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 03-25-2018, 01:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

24 more clean and sober hours please. So proud to be a part of all of this with all of you! Congratulations to anyone hitting a milestone today!
Old 03-25-2018, 01:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Committing to 24 more hours of sober living.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
Morning sober sprouts. Well well well. The first superdooper spring like day in my neck of the woods. The media monster rolls out the news spouting such lines as "The beast from the East returneth!" (and we wont have enough gas supplies and we will all perish) but No! Its glorious. So fine peeps of the sober new order....i shall throw my cards on the table for another 24 big cahoonas.
Great to read this chipper post, yes!

I am in for 24, and feeling really good this morning. Got up and did some yoga and meditation, had a good breakfast.

One month now since I had a hangover so bad that I checked into a hotel because I couldn't face my flatmate in that condition. Dreadful.

This last month has not been hard, mainly because this time I have stuck closer to the boards, and worked to keep my sobriety solid each and every day - reading sobriety books, watching Youtube videos, listening to Annie Grace's brilliant Naked Mind podcasts. So things are feeling good, and that's exactly why I'm now gonna work to lock my sobriety down even more now, as I know that the further I get from the last time I drank, the less I remember the full horror of what alcohol has been to me.

I'm rambling a bit, but just now, listening to Spotify, a song came on - Something in the Air by Thunderclap Newman. It almost made me tear up, as it was a song I used to love back when I was 16-17. It took me right back to that time when I was just goofy and happy, when alcohol wasn't part of my life. What's been nice over the past week or so, is getting little glimmers of that young pre-alcohol me. It's like he's actually always been there, but was just drowned out by all that booze and drugs. The prospect of reconnecting with that earlier part of myself is one of my biggest motivations in sobriety.

Anyway, I'm now gonna order myself a DVD box set as a 1 month reward, then it's off to work ;-)

Love to all. Thanks for the stellar support.
Congrats to the wonderful milestoners!
And beaming strength to anyone having a less than brilliant time.

thanks
Old 03-25-2018, 02:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Another magnificent post Jack Hurrah!
Old 03-25-2018, 02:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning gang!
Today we are off......gulp......PROM DRESS SHOPPING AGAIN!!
I feel alive and ready! Beef casserole in the slow cooker and just putting my face on. Huge coffee on the go too of course!
Things are slightly hectic but great. I now have a timetable of the next 10 days between now and the girls going away with their dad. Yes THAT busy!
Okay so let's get some slap on and my comfy shoes. Shopping here I come!
Old 03-25-2018, 02:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning SRers... 24 more sober hours for me please. I will not drink today.

Congratulations to all celebrating a milestone today. Well done!

Wishing all a serene sober Sunday. Prayers for those struggling and/or sick.

5:30 a.m.
EST
Old 03-25-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations to everybody reaching a milestone today!
24 more please!

Thanks
Old 03-25-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jack16 View Post
Great to read this chipper post, yes!

I am in for 24, and feeling really good this morning. Got up and did some yoga and meditation, had a good breakfast.

One month now since I had a hangover so bad that I checked into a hotel because I couldn't face my flatmate in that condition. Dreadful.

This last month has not been hard, mainly because this time I have stuck closer to the boards, and worked to keep my sobriety solid each and every day - reading sobriety books, watching Youtube videos, listening to Annie Grace's brilliant Naked Mind podcasts. So things are feeling good, and that's exactly why I'm now gonna work to lock my sobriety down even more now, as I know that the further I get from the last time I drank, the less I remember the full horror of what alcohol has been to me.

I'm rambling a bit, but just now, listening to Spotify, a song came on - Something in the Air by Thunderclap Newman. It almost made me tear up, as it was a song I used to love back when I was 16-17. It took me right back to that time when I was just goofy and happy, when alcohol wasn't part of my life. What's been nice over the past week or so, is getting little glimmers of that young pre-alcohol me. It's like he's actually always been there, but was just drowned out by all that booze and drugs. The prospect of reconnecting with that earlier part of myself is one of my biggest motivations in sobriety.

Anyway, I'm now gonna order myself a DVD box set as a 1 month reward, then it's off to work ;-)

Love to all. Thanks for the stellar support.
Congrats to the wonderful milestoners!
And beaming strength to anyone having a less than brilliant time.

thanks
Hi Jack
I’d definitely be rewarding myself too.. I often treat myself by getting my nails done more regularly or spray tan(prob not the rewards you would have in mind though lol!!) Another great thing for me was the iPhone app QUIT THAT. It’s shows you how much money you’ve saved.. I don’t know where that money goes though

I love the motivational podcasts or audiobooks, especially when I’m walking.. I’m currently listening to “The miracle morning” by Hal Elrod- it’s fantastic..
Old 03-25-2018, 02:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone- well I survived Jordan’s party!! He has a sore head which makes me a little bit happy
It’s been a busy day of cleaning. The house and back yard looked like nothing I’ve ever seen before.. bottles and rubbish, pizza boxes, yuck!!! - it’s taken me all day to clear up and clean all my floors again!!

I’m grateful for the distraction it’s brought me though..

I hope that everyone else is travelling well-

Sending loads of love to all

6pm Perth
Old 03-25-2018, 02:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning gang!
Today we are off......gulp......PROM DRESS SHOPPING AGAIN!!
I feel alive and ready! Beef casserole in the slow cooker and just putting my face on. Huge coffee on the go too of course!
Things are slightly hectic but great. I now have a timetable of the next 10 days between now and the girls going away with their dad. Yes THAT busy!
Okay so let's get some slap on and my comfy shoes. Shopping here I come!
You sound far too organised!! Casserole in the slow cooker?go girl!!! We had sausages as I could not be stuffed haha!!!

I’m a bit jealous that you’re off prom dress shopping!! How exciting is that!! Having 2 boys is boring!! They turn up in a tux with no fuss :-( lol Keep us posted how you get on!! What colour is she going with? Hugs beautiful xx
Old 03-25-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

In for another 24