Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 366

Old 03-25-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:27 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

24 more hours of precious freedom please, with oodles of love and happiness to be here with all of you at this time of morning.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jack16 View Post
Great to read this chipper post, yes!

I am in for 24, and feeling really good this morning. Got up and did some yoga and meditation, had a good breakfast.

One month now since I had a hangover so bad that I checked into a hotel because I couldn't face my flatmate in that condition. Dreadful.

This last month has not been hard, mainly because this time I have stuck closer to the boards, and worked to keep my sobriety solid each and every day - reading sobriety books, watching Youtube videos, listening to Annie Grace's brilliant Naked Mind podcasts. So things are feeling good, and that's exactly why I'm now gonna work to lock my sobriety down even more now, as I know that the further I get from the last time I drank, the less I remember the full horror of what alcohol has been to me.

I'm rambling a bit, but just now, listening to Spotify, a song came on - Something in the Air by Thunderclap Newman. It almost made me tear up, as it was a song I used to love back when I was 16-17. It took me right back to that time when I was just goofy and happy, when alcohol wasn't part of my life. What's been nice over the past week or so, is getting little glimmers of that young pre-alcohol me. It's like he's actually always been there, but was just drowned out by all that booze and drugs. The prospect of reconnecting with that earlier part of myself is one of my biggest motivations in sobriety.

Anyway, I'm now gonna order myself a DVD box set as a 1 month reward, then it's off to work ;-)

Love to all. Thanks for the stellar support.
Congrats to the wonderful milestoners!
And beaming strength to anyone having a less than brilliant time.

thanks
Oh.....such a beautiful post.

I have tears in my eyes. ♥♥♥
Old 03-25-2018, 03:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

11:36am...24 more please...Love to All
Old 03-25-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad it went well darling Nic, and sausages are the bomb as far as I'm concerned!! You have no idea what I have gone through to find beef sausages here....they don't exist.....and no thin snags like we are used to at all. So, I found some kosher ones that are from New York.

Sausages, fried eggs and baked beans (yes, Heinz guys, the original....from the UK) are becoming a favourite Sunday night dinner around here....Nick loves it which makes me happy. I get to keep my Aussie/Brit traditions.

OK.....that was all about me.....ha......really happy the party went well love and it is a little amusing that he has a sore head...gosh, I remember those innocent times. I think those times are going to stay good for your beautiful boys Nic.....you are a wonderful mum. ♥♥
Old 03-25-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Venus
Old 03-25-2018, 03:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well look at this...the Aussie/Brit contingent is here. ♥♥

Hi Neoo love and Gabe and Jack and jojo...and Nic of course. ♥♥♥

PS.....Pretty happy to see you here today Gabe love.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Glad it went well darling Nic, and sausages are the bomb as far as I'm concerned!! You have no idea what I have gone through to find beef sausages here....they don't exist.....and no thin snags like we are used to at all. So, I found some kosher ones that are from New York.

Sausages, fried eggs and baked beans (yes, Heinz guys, the original....from the UK) are becoming a favourite Sunday night dinner around here....Nick loves it which makes me happy. I get to keep my Aussie/Brit traditions.

OK.....that was all about me.....ha......really happy the party went well love and it is a little amusing that he has a sore head...gosh, I remember those innocent times. I think those times are going to stay good for your beautiful boys Nic.....you are a wonderful mum. ♥♥
Oh wow I wouldn’t have thought that snags would be hard to find! We
had some honey beef ones, just from Coles but they were yummy!! And yes sausage, egg, chips and Heinz beans is on our menu too!! Lol how gourmet are we lol

I want the boys to have the normal experiences- not sure if it’s being a good Mum throwing a party with alcohol but I guess it’s a rite to passage being an adult hey lol!!

Love you gorgeous XX
Old 03-25-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Court in the morning what a nightmare..
Old 03-25-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It is going to be OK Neoo love.....the nightmare is ALMOST over. Yey.
And we are right here with you today and tomorrow: did you hire a big van? Just picking up the UK guys/girls alone is going to fill up that car fast love...... ♥♥

And chips hey Nic.....I haven't made chips here yet, don't have a deep fryer and don't really want one.
But yum.

Actually, can you do chips without a deep fryer?
Old 03-25-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

LOL Yeah party bus for us sober folk I am 117 on the list and that is only the cases in the morning time..Yikes
Old 03-25-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

And yes Nic love, allowing/giving your kids those rights of passage, what's more, being there with them and supervising.....that is the really special stuff for you and for them.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
Morning sober sprouts. Well well well. The first superdooper spring like day in my neck of the woods. The media monster rolls out the news spouting such lines as "The beast from the East returneth!" (and we wont have enough gas supplies and we will all perish) but No! Its glorious. So fine peeps of the sober new order....i shall throw my cards on the table for another 24 big cahoonas.
Lol!! I love the media weather hype as well- it can be quite hilarious! I just googled and one of the headlines was, "Ticking Time Bomb..." My goodness!

Enjoy your superdooper spring like day!
Old 03-25-2018, 03:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Here for 24 more.
Another beautiful Sunday to feel gratitude.
Boys are still sleeping- I, for the first time ever, didn't get neurotic about keeping with the bedtime schedule last night as we were at my sister's house and they were having so much fun with their cousins. We usually do lights out at 8 but I didn't get them to sleep till around 9:30!!

It was worth it- my sister has become one of my favorite people in the world to talk to and I'm so lucky I have her.

Love, hugs and blessings to all...
Old 03-25-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Court in the morning what a nightmare..
You are so close to this being over, right? Is tomorrow the final court appearance?
Old 03-25-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning gang!
Today we are off......gulp......PROM DRESS SHOPPING AGAIN!!
I feel alive and ready! Beef casserole in the slow cooker and just putting my face on. Huge coffee on the go too of course!
Things are slightly hectic but great. I now have a timetable of the next 10 days between now and the girls going away with their dad. Yes THAT busy!
Okay so let's get some slap on and my comfy shoes. Shopping here I come!
Yay! I love seeing you busy AND in a good mood! Enjoy the prom dress shopping- I bet it will be loads of fun!
Old 03-25-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
You are so close to this being over, right? Is tomorrow the final court appearance?
I hope so Sunflower but could be put back again. I think it will be heard but could have me back again so will hope for the best..
Old 03-25-2018, 04:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
I hope so Sunflower but could be put back again. I think it will be heard but could have me back again so will hope for the best..
Yes, hoping for the best FOR you! Turn those negative voices around- it's not a nightmare, it is what it is! Visualize it going smoothly- visualize yourself staying calm leading up to it. You can do this with ease! It will be okay no matter what the outcome..You are sober and that's what matters- you are amazing!
Old 03-25-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

So are you darling Sunflowerlife!!! ♥♥♥
Old 03-25-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Suze I don’t have a deep frier, I have an air frier which is super healthy but to be honest I buy the frozen oven chips haha x