Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 6

Old 04-07-2018, 12:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Morning all. Glad your weather is nice TorC, the best I can say is it’s not raining here. Yet. Hope the dentist is as painless as possible. I had a wonderful day off yesterday but working this weekend. The class is very quiet, hope everyone checks in this weekend, have a great day!
Old 04-07-2018, 01:11 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Mr

Hey Lily.
Checking in with you augusters.
Feeling good 47 days sober.
V.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Checking in here. All present and correct.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:05 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hello all... nice springtime weather here, i am enjoying a relaxing weekend after my first full week of work after winter hibernation
Feel a bit tired all over my body after a week of heavy stone and pavement work, but all is good.
I am enjoying the weather, looking at all the birds in the garden and watching this weekend's round of the World Rally Championship on web tv...

Wonderful to enjoy springtime sober
Old 04-07-2018, 10:37 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Today looks like another stonking day here. So happy that the weather has finally turned. It was actually warm yesterday.

The dentist turned out to be not too bad, anxiety wise, although one of my back molars needs to be removed next week, it is fairly badly broken, so to be expected.
Actually looking forward to getting it done, as part of living a normal life again.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning from wet and windy Scotland! Must be 50 days now Vinny, congratulations and a huge well done friend. It’s 630 am and another hectic day in store, between work and the daughter and her family moving house I have not stopped. Hope you’re all well and miss seeing everyone’s posts. Glad you’re enjoying better weather than me TorC and Tyger, spring surely has to reach my part of the world a9metime soon!
Old 04-10-2018, 12:33 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

The amount of rain this Easter break is beyond belief, Lily. I really want to cut my grass in the garden but no chance.

Very quiet here lately.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
9E2UrfvA4lGNy[1].gif (45.3 KB, 42 views)
Old 04-10-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hello dear Friends. I’m back. Did I relapse...? Oh I can’t possibly call it a ‘relapse’... Past few weeks I was willingly drinking every single day; I was either very drunk or drunk and planning to drink more and I thought there was nothing that could stop me. Nearly two weeks ago I drank the whole bottle of jäger; it was a stupid thing to do; I get so drunk I was barely conscious... and suddenly I felt so so depressed. I OD on my meds... My BF found me passed out.. I ended up in a hospital, had my stomach pumped... it was awful.., I could have died! I swore to never EVER drink again... and I meant it, I guess, but few days later I was out, I was home, and I wanted to feel ‘good’ again, to be happy... so I drunk... again and again and again. But TODAY I want to break this vicious cycle. I have dreams... things to live for. I am slowly killing myself and I want to stop. But I know I can’t do this alone... I have to think. I’m a bit lost now and I need support...
Old 04-10-2018, 05:20 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

(((SNUF))) You are not alone! I'm on day 5 I think, but not trying to keep count. We do this together! Not sure how active you are in the other forums but here are a couple of links:

24 Hour Thread:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-372-a.html (24Hour Recovery Connections Part 372)

You can ride with us on the Soberbus:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...s-pt-16-a.html (Please stay on the Sober bus - pt.16)

And I'm also in the March '16 class so you're welcome to join us.....maybe stop by the April 2018 class? Maybe I should do the same! Just a few suggestions....So glad to see you!
Old 04-10-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thank you Purps; you’re such a good friend

I should be in every single class since January lol...I don’t know why I’m such a failure. I was so motivated back in August; my first 90 days... it felt GREAT. I don’t even remember why I started poisoning myself again.

And now I just want to die, and I feel like no one understands.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I know the feeling! Have you visited the Newcomer Forum as well? There's always lots of activity in there; maybe you could start a thread and get additional support there too. Just a thought
Old 04-10-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Snufkins.

So glad to see you back.
Do you have access to a counselor through your uni?
It might be worth looking into.
I’m glad you are back with us. I was getting worried about you.
We do understand. I reckon it’s a rare person here that worked it out the first time they stopped
Old 04-11-2018, 12:37 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good to see people checking in.

Snufkin - scary story. Thank goodness you are ok.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thinking of U Snufkin....hope you're doing okay! Check in when U can

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 04-11-2018, 10:03 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

It is finally starting to feel like Spring here. Hope your weather is finally sorting itself out as well, Lily. If not, I'm sure your grandson will distract you.
Back to the dentist today. Baby steps to life getting back on track.
Hope you are all having a good day.
Snuf - hang in there, we get where you are coming from. It is hard, but we all just have to keep on trying. Sending you much love and hugs.
Let us know how today is going.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:36 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Welcome back snuf. I know those feelings of despair and hopelessness too well but there is hope, hang in there. You too purps.

More wind and rain today but I have a few days off and you are absolutely right TorC, I will have plenty of distraction with my own wee ray of sunshine. ( I never used to be this soppy!) hope your mouth is ok, and I am glad it’s all falling into place for you. Dec, we might get a heatwave soon, I keep telling myself that. Where are you Todd and Vinny? And leana? Hope you’re doing okay. I may not be working but still mov8ng stuff from their old house to the new one, it’s bee; a tiring week but I’m eternally grateful to have the energy and the will to do everything. Have a great day all 👍
Old 04-12-2018, 12:59 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back snuf

D
Old 04-12-2018, 06:17 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

I'm still in the fight here...life's been happening at light speed and I can't seem to engage the warp drive

Snufs, Purps--glad y'all two artist types can kinda lean on each other here (great suggestions Purps!) ...there's a lot of opportunity to be accountable and encouraged Btw Snufs-my b'day's coming up in 2 weeks and my daughter and I are talking about getting our first tats. Already spec-ing out designs. I'll report on what we decide on...

All you good folks on the other side of the pond...great to 'see' ya check in. Stay strong

TheT.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:28 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Up early planning the day - a couple of hours volunteering later, then hopefully some exercise before retiring back home.
Had a mtg with wine during the week and gave the rest of the bottle away, as I didn't want any temptation at home.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:08 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Mr

Snufkin glad you made it back. Really glad you and Purps are back.
Just wanted to tell you two I have been trying a long long time to get sober and free. Relapses got worse and worse and withdrawal too (and everything really)
I'm 42 this year and probably closer to long term sobriety than I have been in my life.

Keep at it.

V.
53 days