Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 6

Old 03-26-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! Yeah you’re probably right about Uni... It’s just so hard to talk about this stuff. I’m worried I’m gonna panic and won’t be able to say a word. But I guess trying to open up about this is still gonna be much better than showing her no new work and lying about being ‘busy’ or something. Ah well. It’s all gonna be fine!
Old 03-26-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you have a regular doctor, a certificate from them might make it easier to broach the subject, Snuf?

D
Old 03-26-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Great idea Dee - thank you! It would definitely help to get coursework extension.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Mr

Courage Snuf for uni and the job.
You will be fine no matter what.

As for me got a bit of a head cold.
Awww poor me
Old 03-26-2018, 11:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good luck Snuff.
Hope you feel better soon Vman.
The plan for today is to scout out a language course for the next couple of months.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:56 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

The job sounds right up your street snuf, you’ll be awesome, don’t worry! Everyone has their place in a team, not everyone has to be loud and outgoing. Play to your considerable strengths. And I agree with Dee about uni, you have to let them know somehow.

I’m off to soft play, have a great day everyone
Old 03-27-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

In for 24. Bit behind today, so I'll pop back later.

Have a good one, all
Old 03-27-2018, 04:49 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hello Augsters. How is everyone doing?

Today has been very emotional for me. I kinda enjoyed my first day at the tattoo studio, but I don’t think I’m gonna stay, I’m too anxious thinking if it’s right for me and it’s too much a commitment to be there full of doubts, you know.. that’s A LOT of unpaid labour... I’d have to work voluntarily five full days for six months + my job as a waitress, I don’t think I’d have any time left to seek freelance illustration commissions. Also they are obviously looking for somebody to join the studio permanently, and I’ve always kinda wanted to move back to Glasgow after I graduate, so I don’t know... I have to let them know by Thursday. At the same time I’m thinking what if I’m delusional about my art and I’m not as strong or good enough to make it as an illustrator? If I survived that unpaid apprenticeship BS at least I’d have a decent art related job... And I like the owner very much. He seems like a great guy who would actually like to teach me stuff. I don’t know what to do.

As for my appointment at uni, it didn’t go that well. I was very nervous and cried a little; it was embarrassing... but my lecturer was sympathetic and helpful. I told her about what I was struggling with, but I wasn’t brave enough to talk about my mental health, so I kinda blamed everything on graduation stress... She believes that I can ‘do better’ than a tattoo studio but she’s not really into body art I think. She’s worried I don’t have much time left to produce enough work to pass, but I’m so paralysed with fear of failure it’s hard for me to start anything.

I had very strong cravings all day so I asked my bf to do all the shopping and I spent entire evening in bed. I can’t trust myself. It’s ridiculous, I’m sooo tired of my brain producing drinking fantasies... It is pure hell; it always is, so why am I trying to convince myself it’s gonna be any different this time? I still haven’t physically recovered from my last binge...

I’m sorry for moaning about my boring life, dear friends! Thank you for being here with me.

Last edited by Snufkin; 03-27-2018 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-27-2018, 05:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry today wasn't the best Snuf.
I hope you can shake off the fear and get into whatever you need to do

D
Old 03-27-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Mr

Snufkin.
Snufkin.

Good luck with your language course TorC.

Hey Leana, how about coming back to the class and give us some news...

Hope all the augusters are mozying along nicely....

Bisous,
V.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hang in there Snufkin - see how you feel after today in the tattoo place.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:31 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Mr

It's been too quiet here....
Everyone OK I hope...
Old 03-29-2018, 10:43 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Vman,

I'm here and okay. I'm taking things fairly easy at the moment.

Managed to sign up for language course starting next week and hoping the weather stays decent for a few days, so I can get out on the bike.

Hope is your weekend shaping up?
Old 03-30-2018, 01:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I’ve had a mega busy but very fun week hanging around every day with my daughter and grandson. Hope everyone is okay and check in for the long weekend please, let us know what you’re up to. I’m shopping for myself today for a change, spring wardrobe!!!!
Old 03-30-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello class! I am having Easter holidays with my family, finally spring seems to be here for good

I've been busy spending time with my parents, my brother and his family and my GF - and I've been speaker at some AA meetings.

Monday was a really tough day, i felt completely out of my skin in the morning, but I went to my sponsor and revisited my 4th and 5th step, and I got really good help to pull on

I really enjoy being speaker at different aa meetings, and I'm doing it a few times every week now. Getting around to visit groups in other cities and making new friends in the fellowship is awesome, and at least it helps me a lot staying focused in my recovery, and to get my mind a bit off some of the worries I have at home.

Now it's such a lovely sunny day, i've been hiking in the forest with my GF and pointing a bit. Hope you are all doing good!
Old 03-30-2018, 10:59 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Having a quiet weekend. Just sorting out the flat and getting out on the bike.
Just hoping the weather stays good.
Yesterday ended up being a day on the sofa, just feeling pretty crappy. I need to force myself out the door today.
Hope your shopping trip went well lily.
Have you made a decision yet snufkins? Hope you are feeling more settled.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:28 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Three weeks off school now. However, I told all my exam classes to email for help if they get stuck.

8 months sober today.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Easter all

D
Old 03-31-2018, 04:49 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
Also on hols Dec, just 2 weeks though
Old 04-01-2018, 01:01 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Morning all, and happy Easter Sunday. And April Fool’s day! I haven’t been up to much, some more shopping yesterday but didn’t feel great all day. Aching limbs headache, sinus issues. AV was loving it of course. ‘Well you feel shite anyway, you might as well drink’ etc. I just plodded on and swatted that one aside. I watched the Joshua fight last night, it was wonderful to settle down to watch a big sporting event without all the alcohol associated with these things in the past. It really brings home how liberating living without alcohol is. In the past I’d probably have passed out before the main event even started!

Hope you’re all enjoying the Easter break, Teaorcoffee, hope you managed to get out on the bike.

I’m off to do some chores then out for lunch with the family later. Can’t wait to see my wee golden boy ❤️❤️

Have a great day