Notices

Class Of March 2018 Support Thread - Part Two

Old 03-20-2018, 01:51 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Nichole, don't worry. Keep coming back. It's tough out there. Addiction is a disease. It's not your fault at all.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:45 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi guys, quick check in at the end of day 9. I'm going in to get my tonsils out tomorrow morning so wish me luck

Hope every ones doing well..
Old 03-20-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Have a good day y’all!!!!!
Old 03-20-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Mako - got any ideas on what you might do differently this time?

Best wishes Sober81

D
Old 03-20-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good luck with your tonsillectomy sober81! Hope you are first in surgery for the day, so you don't have to wait around on an empty stomach. And hopefully them instructing you to eat ice cream and popsicles is still a thing!

Day 17. 37 of 38. Cannot wait to get 30 in a row jammit, it feels like it's taking forever. My bf enjoyed his 30 day cake I made yesterday. I am so proud of him. His coworker told him, "you'll be back, they always come back"... you know what George.... gtfoutta here. At some point enough becomes enough and our future and health became more important than the drink. Oh well.

Hope y'all have a good day
Old 03-20-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Goodbyeevan, you had me at cake! I think that could become a problem, or at least sugary stuff in general. My new thing is espresso crunch M&M's. Congrats to your bf! Sounds like his coworker is not in the "keeper" friend category.

Hang in there, Mako and Nicholle! You'll be in my thoughts today, and all the others who are struggling.

Sober81, best to you with your surgery!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 20. I’m drinking way too much coffee and eating way too much sugar, but otherwise doing alright. I’ve had a few episodes of - not cravings exactly but almost an intense feeling of impatience, is the best way I can think to describe it... coupled with the thought of “I could easily go buy a bottle and drink it right now”. I wasn’t in any real danger of doing it but it’s crazy how quickly that thought can pop into my head and kind of settle in there.

No matter where you are in your journey, keep coming back here. Our addiction loves it when we isolate ourselves, it can do it’s damage better and faster when it has us alone and away from the group. We need everyone here!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Morning all, it's day 26 for me, first day of Spring, and my birthday!

Nichole and Mako, hope you're doing better today, and welcome back! We're here for you. Sober81 good luck with your procedure - you'll be eating ice cream in no time!

Keep going Goodbyeevan, you're doing great and you'll be at 30 days in no time! Congrats to your bf on his 30 days too.

And yeah I totally hear you all on the sugar, I've been over-endulging, but I feel ok about it because a)I'm not drinking, and b) I'm exercising more. I'll have to cut back on it eventually, but one thing at a time!

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 23...I agree...limit caffeine and sugar,they can get you in trouble.The answer is always chicken,rice ,veggies and a walk/nap or both(lol).When your feeling like ****,remember its a process,trust the process.Strive to be better today then you were yesterday.Anyone bored?....check out Australian Survivor season 3 or 4.Good family viewing!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Then there's me... I'm on day 6 and not limiting myself on anything except alcohol!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi folks it’s hard to keep up here.

Appointment with therapist/life coach Thursday. She’s in Boston so this time we’ll do FaceTime. Saves a bunch of gas money and the driving an hour and a half each way. Also Massachusetts Toll Roads, brutal on the out of State vehicle.

I got a bunch of things done yesterday and I’m doing ok. I need to get home before 4pm no matter what. Cookies, whatever it takes.

I solved an issue that was sending my OCD through the roof. (For now). ‘Everything has to be perfect or my whole life will be over’ BS. ‘I just need this one thing before I can do this other thing.’ Then it’s a big loop.

Check in later.

Viper
Old 03-20-2018, 10:17 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Happy birthday jaytee!!!!! What an excellent day to be born! Hope you're treating yourself to some birthday love! Got any fun plans?
Old 03-20-2018, 10:21 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thanks birdie11 and LWH for writing some supportive notes after I posted about my slip. I saw them when I checked back in a couple of hours later they gave me some hope. And for your support, too, Max74. and Nichole.

Day 1. As Nichole so aptly posted the other day as part of a week of hopeful ideas: "Tuesday: the best view comes after the hardest climb." I've got my gear and I'm on the way up. I want that view!
Old 03-20-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, JayTee!

argillaceous - Good for you for coming back and recommitting, you deserve that view! Today can be the start of a new beginning.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Just finishing up on day 8 ! So anyone who slipped ... Dust off jump up and start again xx
Old 03-20-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Jaytee!
Old 03-20-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Happy birthday JT!

Today in work, some of the guys were talking about how they over did it on at Paddy's. I can honestly say, I sat listening to them and in my head I was thinking- see, what did you miss out on? Absolutely nothing! Instead of having a weekend hangover, I had a relaxing one and went into work not feeling like crap the way some did today!
Old 03-20-2018, 02:00 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks for the b-day wishes everyone. So far having a good day. Went out for sushi with my best friend at lunch, and will be having a celebratory dinner with my family tonight. Low-key but nice day.

Argill, glad to see you back and back on the path with us! We can do this!

Take care all.

JT
Old 03-20-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hey all, Day 4 here. I'm in a loop of drinking a few drinks every few days. Not a bender or anything, but it's a loop and it's the wrong thing. Just wanted to check in with you all and wish you the best. Stay strong!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Birdie, your post really resonated with me, especially the part that said: "Our addiction loves it when we isolate ourselves, it can do it’s damage better and faster when it has us alone and away from the group. We need everyone here!"

I definitely need everyone here. Thanks to those who posted words of support, it means a lot to me to know this group is here. My latest addition to my plan is to stay closer to SR.

SayAnything: espresso double crunch M&Ms. I never knew such a thing existed. But next time I'm at the drug store, you can bet there will be a roving eye if I "happen" to walk down the candy isle.

Nichole, are you doing OK? Seems like you made it through the night as it looks like your most recent post was from this morning. Thinking of you.

Wastinglife, Sober81, goodbyeevan, Strawberry, Max, IdesofMarch, Viperidae, Zombie, and anyone else I missed--it's so nice to see your posts and read about how you are doing (and so many accomplishments!). Thanks for continuing to post updates.

JayTee! Happy birthday my fellow Piscean.