Notices

Class Of March 2018 Support Thread - Part Two

Old 03-19-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Having a terrible day upsetting news so I say f..k it I’m drinking today and I don’t care about the outcome live or die I’ll be back when I’m ready
Take care y’all
Old 03-19-2018, 12:58 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I am in. In 2 hours I will officially post Day One, and starting Day 2. I will post on here every day.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Having a terrible day upsetting news so I say f..k it I’m drinking today and I don’t care about the outcome live or die I’ll be back when I’m ready
Take care y’all
Don’t do it.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey Nichole, I hope that you can stick to your guns and don't drink. I'm sorry you had upsetting news, anything you want to talk about? We're here for you. And you know that drinking isn't going to help! It will only make things worse tomorrow. Take care!
Old 03-19-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JayTee33 View Post
Hey Nichole, I hope that you can stick to your guns and don't drink. I'm sorry you had upsetting news, anything you want to talk about? We're here for you. And you know that drinking isn't going to help! It will only make things worse tomorrow. Take care!
Wouldn’t even know where to start about talking about it other the doctors Are jokes so are pharmacy’s make as well add insurance too it’s cheap to self medicate then try to get help because nobody cares it’s just a paycheck to them
Old 03-19-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you feel that way nichole. Come back soon!

LHW, I loathe going to an airport again. I would spend so much money at those terrible airport bars. What better reason to arrive early, I used to tell myself. I always felt better when another regular would join me, especially in the AM. Thank goodness you found something else to do, saving yourself the money, ensuring you arrive safe, sober and hopefully happy!
Old 03-19-2018, 01:35 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Wouldn’t even know where to start about talking about it other the doctors Are jokes so are pharmacy’s make as well add insurance too it’s cheap to self medicate then try to get help because nobody cares it’s just a paycheck to them
I think he meant talk to us. We can try and help. Many people here have gotten upsetting news and have gotten through it. I also find most of your bias on doctors and pharmacies untrue and a little hurtful. Sure, there are many folks in the medical industry not looking out for your best interests, but many are. And there are no shortage of doctors out there, if you don't like one, you can find another. It's not cheaper to self medicate in the long run if you end up with a serious medical condition, possibly chronic, due to your continued drinking. I think your AV is being super loud and convincing. I hope you reconsider you decision. Drinking makes NOTHING better, solves NO problems, it just puts things off until you deal with them at a later date, with a terrible hangover.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
I think he meant talk to us. We can try and help. Many people here have gotten upsetting news and have gotten through it. I also find most of your bias on doctors and pharmacies untrue and a little hurtful. Sure, there are many folks in the medical industry not looking out for your best interests, but many are. And there are no shortage of doctors out there, if you don't like one, you can find another. It's not cheaper to self medicate in the long run if you end up with a serious medical condition, possibly chronic, due to your continued drinking. I think your AV is being super loud and convincing. I hope you reconsider you decision. Drinking makes NOTHING better, solves NO problems, it just puts things off until you deal with them at a later date, with a terrible hangover.
Guess I’m tried of depression everyday I think about ways to die which sounds awful but I can’t help but think about it I’ve told my doctors and she didn’t say anything they changed my medication again but not in stock so it’s been 4 days since I’ve had anything and it’s getting to me in the worse way I got a bill in every month I have to go to doctors to get refills and check on my bipolar welll it’s $100 every visit and I don’t have 1200 a year to get a check up without price of meds guess without the meds and feeling depressed and wanting to take the easy way out of life it’s making me give into addiction only way out I can think off unfortunately to much to handle at the moment I can’t think straight
Old 03-19-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Horn, chopdogg and Lovehoops

Have you considered seeing someone about your depression and stress Horatio?

I'm sorry for your bad news and that you're feeling so low Nichole. I really think calling a crisis line could be helpful.

I know you're scared of being put in hospital but you might end up there anyway if you continue to drink on depression and dark thoughts?

D
Old 03-19-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I have failed
Old 03-19-2018, 04:40 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

No Mako you didn't fail. You had a slip, now it's time to keep going on your journey! You obviously want to get sober, if you came here to be accountable for your actions. You have the strength to do this, and we're here for you! Come back tomorrow and keep going!
Old 03-19-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JayTee33 View Post
No Mako you didn't fail. You had a slip, now it's time to keep going on your journey! You obviously want to get sober, if you came here to be accountable for your actions. You have the strength to do this, and we're here for you! Come back tomorrow and keep going!
Oh God, Jay, thank you, I so needed to hear this. Bless you
Old 03-19-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elle126 View Post
Fell off
Me, too.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

For those of you who have drank, as Dee wisely says "Sometimes it may take a few run ups to clear the hurdle." Don't beat yourselves up. That will lead to more drinking. Dust yourself off and refocus. You CAN do this. We are here for you.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:16 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I agree - if you drank, dust off, get back up and start again. Try to think of how many days you had sober rather than looking at just falling off. Try to look at the positive side - -example— you didn’t drink 10 out of 15 days or 5 out of 10. Whatever it is, try look at the positive side - you did it once you can do it again.

I am in my hotel room now posting on SR. Rest of the gang went down to the wine bar. I am proud of that decision! I had the urge to go for a few minutes, but waited it out and the urge is now gone. It would not have ended well and we have a very early meeting. The taste of wine is not even appealing to me.! It’s the thought of sitting down there with my coworkers in the pretty wine bar with a pretty glass in my hand. But that’s all. I could probably do it with water or club soda but opted for my hotel room instead. The right decision for me at this time.

All take care.

LHW
Old 03-19-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Man. Why is this so stinkin’ hard? I’ve tried several times to stop
My wine addiction. I was all positive and right on just a month and a half ago.
But I can’t seem to break free again. One more night. One more night. And then what? I hate this. But my addicted mind seems stronger.

This is a dark place. No more. If you are considering drinking for just a night or two, don’t go back. It only gets harder to return to sobriety. I hate alcohol.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:16 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I'm on day 8!
Back to work after a long weekend off but I got up and took the time to make a nice breakfast before going

Last night I did a lot of housework and realised how drinking just made me ignore so much- stuff with the house, my own self.
I would come home from work and just drink and watch TV so there was so much ignored. It's nice to have a shower and get into a freshly changed bed. Stuff like that that's totally ignored when I was drunk and blacked out on the sofa.
So I'm definitely feeling positive!
Old 03-20-2018, 01:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

its usually much harder to give up again after a relapse QuitNow - the monster gets its claws in pretty deep. It not impossible for you to get sober again but it might take a little more effort than last time maybe?

D
Old 03-20-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 1. Reminder to self - moderation will never work for me.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 20. Still going strong! I lost my phone on Friday. First time I lost a phone when completely sober haha. Lost 3 phones when drunk. The Starbucks staff kept my phone for me. I couldn't remember which Starbucks I left it at since there are like 14 Starbucks a block away. Keep going March class! No drinks today!