Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 361

Old 03-17-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 521 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
I’m the only person on this thread who was a violent, verbally abusive drunk. I prove there’s hope for everyone and we have no right to judge a person when they can find god at any moment and bring much light to the world. Which is what I’m doing this morning my lovelies 😀😀😀

When I was reading the big book in the early days it said something like This is a sick person, how can I be helpful to him? and I was like you have got to be kidding, I am not going to help some ****** who would have the shoes off my feet as soon as spit on me.

I had to repeat this prayer over and over to myself when certain people spoke at meetings just to stop myself insulting them and slamming the door on the way out. Which I did a number of times until I realised I would then have to go back and apologise if I ever wanted to get into a meeting again. In this case, being helpful to them is keeping my mouth shut.

Hurt people hurt people.

Now I pray for people as they walk towards me: Give me the patience pity tolerance and kindness to treat this person as I would a sick friend or something like that. In the tiny millisecond before I react, I turn to my Higher Power and ask him to handle it with me.

It works. I am no longer in their control and I can move on in my value direction. It’s freedom.

Anyway, I am probably talking twaddle. Twaddle. That’s a great word. I’m no spiritual giant that’s for sure.

Weav in for 24 more at 🕒 giving a sermon like a Vicar lol Love to everyone and get in my bathroom JoJo. It sure does need a clean. I’ll make you angry. I could make the Dalai Lama angry 🤣
Thank the Lord for SR and recovery. 💛💜🖤💛💜🖤💛💜🖤
Just so you know.................

I think you're Lovely!

Keep blooming................
Old 03-17-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 522 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Committing to 24 more sober hours and a day full of sunshine and warm loving thoughts. Time for a better attitude.
Absolutely, Chloe.

Ah yes, the Golden Rule.

Matthew 7:12
Old 03-17-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 523 (permalink)  

Good morning beautiful Kris!

And 24 for me, for sure.

Love,

Red
Old 03-17-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 524 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread time

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-362-a.html (24Hour Recovery Connections Part 362)

D