# 23 (permalink)  

Have a fine day, Dee!
Old 03-16-2018, 09:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So much love to all.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi ya Leigh and everyone,

Just been puddering about here, picking up the spring plants and switching stuff out for the new season. I feel like I spend less money if I get a little each day rather than all at once. Self deceit , but whatever works! The azaleas will be full on in the next few days, very showy. Rather than ferns I'm gonna use fatsia on either side of the front door this year. I like the look of them.

The girls return from spring break travels today, so I'm gonna have a home meal ready for the oven before I go pick them up.....Cheese Nip chicken strips! Ha, ha not haute cuisine, but rather tasty. I've got the twice baked potatoes ready to warm and will have salad. Not too shabby! I hope they notice some of the nice things I've done in the garden and patio. Hot and humid here today, but rains a comin' tomorrow.

Hope all are well.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Congratulations on another fantastic milestone, Arbor!!!!

. .

Thanks, Leigh. You rule!!
Old 03-17-2018, 12:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

St. Patty’s day. Ugh, not a fan. Even when I did drink. I’m just gonna stay away from these FB posts and bite my tongue. I’ll say one thing though...It’s amazing the parents that drink around their children. Using this day as an excuse is immature and sickening.

On another note, it’s my oldest birthday. Six today. We had a nice party for him this morning at the local science museum. Wife set it all up very nicely and about 15 or so kids showed up. Back now just hanging until we head to my MIL’s for dinner.

Have a great weekend, guys.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to the biggest little Arbor! First grade coming up. Science museum sounds like a cool place for his party too.

I've celebrated St Patrick's day by wearing my green polo and socks with little leprechauns. I think there's a parade in town, but I don't like parades and have never been. Actually I think I'll read up on the whole St Patrick thing as I don't know anything beyond wishing he'd banish serpents from here too!

Well off to the airport!
Old 03-17-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Drive safe! Especially tonight on the road.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Hi ya Leigh and everyone,

Just been puddering about here, picking up the spring plants and switching stuff out for the new season. I feel like I spend less money if I get a little each day rather than all at once. Self deceit , but whatever works! The azaleas will be full on in the next few days, very showy. Rather than ferns I'm gonna use fatsia on either side of the front door this year. I like the look of them.

The girls return from spring break travels today, so I'm gonna have a home meal ready for the oven before I go pick them up.....Cheese Nip chicken strips! Ha, ha not haute cuisine, but rather tasty. I've got the twice baked potatoes ready to warm and will have salad. Not too shabby! I hope they notice some of the nice things I've done in the garden and patio. Hot and humid here today, but rains a comin' tomorrow.

Hope all are well.
Well, if it were me, and I came home to that gardening and that dinner, I would be ecstatic!!!!!!

Good going, Mark!
Old 03-17-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
St. Patty’s day. Ugh, not a fan. Even when I did drink. I’m just gonna stay away from these FB posts and bite my tongue. I’ll say one thing though...It’s amazing the parents that drink around their children. Using this day as an excuse is immature and sickening.

On another note, it’s my oldest birthday. Six today. We had a nice party for him this morning at the local science museum. Wife set it all up very nicely and about 15 or so kids showed up. Back now just hanging until we head to my MIL’s for dinner.

Have a great weekend, guys.
I have never been a huge fan, either, Arbor, except that I have always enjoyed putting together a nice Irish meal.

St. Paddy's Day is like NYE to me in that everyone is 'expected' to have a bash of a time - I never found it so and always enjoyed smaller and more simple gatherings.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to the biggest little Arbor! First grade coming up. Science museum sounds like a cool place for his party too.

I've celebrated St Patrick's day by wearing my green polo and socks with little leprechauns. I think there's a parade in town, but I don't like parades and have never been. Actually I think I'll read up on the whole St Patrick thing as I don't know anything beyond wishing he'd banish serpents from here too!

Well off to the airport!
Banishing snakes!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well off to the airport!
Hope that you are home safe and sound, Mark.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

Sweet dreams.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Wishing you a fine day, Dee!
Old 03-17-2018, 07:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Fortunately the airport is only a short drive. Very convenient in that when wheels touch down I have folks arriving message me and I'm generally there by the time they get their luggage and make it to the curb.

Son returned to Texas while the girls were gone. I found empty beer cans in the upstairs fridge. Sigh. Hurtful it was.

Closing out the day by watching Ireland travel shows on public tv. It makes me so happy to think about taking my mom there in May. Looking likely to make another solo hiking trip to NZ in November or so. Gives me something pleasant to think about.

I hope the day wrapped up nicely for everyone.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Fortunately the airport is only a short drive. Very convenient in that when wheels touch down I have folks arriving message me and I'm generally there by the time they get their luggage and make it to the curb.

Son returned to Texas while the girls were gone. I found empty beer cans in the upstairs fridge. Sigh. Hurtful it was.

Closing out the day by watching Ireland travel shows on public tv. It makes me so happy to think about taking my mom there in May. Looking likely to make another solo hiking trip to NZ in November or so. Gives me something pleasant to think about.

I hope the day wrapped up nicely for everyone.
((((((Mark)))). Hurtful, indeed. I can only imagine how much.

Ireland and New Zealand - beautiful anticipation.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

A Blessed Sunday to all. ❤️
Old 03-18-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams, Dee.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sorry, Mark. That’s a real let down. I was hoping your boy was making progress. My thoughts are with you.

Weekend coming to an end. It’s nice it’s lighter outside now, but I’m still way off track with our schedule. Kids seem to be going to bed later and the days are longer. Gotta sort this out better. I’m tired and it’s only 7pm.