SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connections Part 359 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/424725-24hour-recovery-connections-part-359-a.html)

ChloeRose63 03-10-2018 10:38 PM

In for 24 more.

PhoenixJ 03-10-2018 11:08 PM

24 more from hot old Adelaide, S/Aust..1738.
Support to all.

Endoftheday 03-10-2018 11:13 PM

Another 24 please , 7.13am

joandmelandhan 03-10-2018 11:58 PM

Good morning everyone.
I'm lying in a hotel bed at 7.30 am with a few silent tears of utter gratitude rolling down my cheeks. I still have to pinch myself often that a real authentic life has emerged from the chaotic tatters of addiction.
The party was a resounding success and much fun was had by all. Oh and my goodness the alcohol was flowing. It's so odd I just don't connect to it. It's like a strange substance that other people drink but no thank you I'll pass.
Yes of course there were conversations with drunk people, things were said which grated on me, I was disconnected to the overall vibe of the night. But that's okay. I feel genuinely proud of myself right now. More than that I'm grateful to all of you for your never ending support and love.
24 more please ❤❤❤

BarbieKen 03-11-2018 12:00 AM

Hi,
Just finished the entertainment for tonight, so much fun & laughter, we got into teams for Family Feud!! Our team was called Straw Perrys'. I really feel a lot better.
So, checking in for my next 24.
Nighty Night,
:grouphug: Bobbi

kenton 03-11-2018 12:12 AM

It's Mother's day in the UK and I'm having a fantastic day so far. My 9 year old daughter made me a cup of tea in bed, my 10 year old son has made a Mothers day treasure hunt and my 6 year old son has drawn me loads of pictures of tigers and giraffes. My 12 year old daughter has just declared that Mothers Day is a load of commercial nonsense but she will make me breakfast anyway..... not because it's Mother's Day but because she feels like making pancakes. She's an awesome cook so I'm happy about her decision, regardless of the sentiment. As for the dog? He thinks every day should be Dog Day and gets mightily peeved whenever the attention seems to be focused elsewhere. So far, he's almost knocked over my cup of tea, trampled on a couple of pictures of giraffes and right now is trying to get involved with the pancakes. This is definitely one of my favourite Sunday mornings ever. Congratulations to your daughter Delilah and so pleased to hear your son is feeling better. Congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone today ... 24 more for me please xxxx

PhoenixJ 03-11-2018 12:57 AM

Well done JoandM - you showed strength and after a while- the dividends begin to pay off.

I am glad you enjoyed your day with your kids kenton..a blessing.

joandmelandhan 03-11-2018 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6818008)
Well done JoandM - you showed strength and after a while- the dividends begin to pay off.

I am glad you enjoyed your day with your kids kenton..a blessing.

:tyou

julietUK 03-11-2018 12:59 AM

Morning Kenton. Happy well deserved Mothers Day. You made me start my day with a laugh. Thank you for that. You are so funny. Let them all spoil you honey, you deserve it. Thanks for making me laugh. :You_Rock_

julietUK 03-11-2018 01:00 AM

Morning all, its 9am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.

julietUK 03-11-2018 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 6817989)
Good morning everyone.
I'm lying in a hotel bed at 7.30 am with a few silent tears of utter gratitude rolling down my cheeks. I still have to pinch myself often that a real authentic life has emerged from the chaotic tatters of addiction.
The party was a resounding success and much fun was had by all. Oh and my goodness the alcohol was flowing. It's so odd I just don't connect to it. It's like a strange substance that other people drink but no thank you I'll pass.
Yes of course there were conversations with drunk people, things were said which grated on me, I was disconnected to the overall vibe of the night. But that's okay. I feel genuinely proud of myself right now. More than that I'm grateful to all of you for your never ending support and love.
24 more please ❤❤❤

Morning Jo. I am so glad you enjoyed the party, you have really flexed your sobriety muscle. Thanks for letting us know you are okay, we all understand how hard events like that are. I hope the drunk people put you off even more - they do me!

Have a good day. Big hugs, we are proud of you.

lilymaz 03-11-2018 01:11 AM

24 more for me

Jaffacake 03-11-2018 01:12 AM

Checking in at 09.12 for another 24 hours ❣️

venuscat 03-11-2018 01:31 AM

I'm really glad that the party was a big success for you and your parents dear jojo, and I am so happy that you lovely mums had such a wonderful day.

Not sure why the dog couldn't at least give you a mother's day card though kent....he's a pretty talented dog after all....surely a trip to the newsagent wouldn't have been too much to ask....a little note in his collar and a coin purse around his neck...

:) :hug: ♥♥

venuscat 03-11-2018 01:33 AM

Glad that you are feeling better Bobbi love and REALLY glad you guys are having a wonderful time!!! :) :hug:

Also really happy for you and your amazing girl Delilah, and very glad your son is feeling a bit better. :hug: ♥

goose333 03-11-2018 01:41 AM

24 please
5:41 am EDT

tgirl 03-11-2018 01:41 AM

Another 24 please

joandmelandhan 03-11-2018 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by julietUK (Post 6818016)
Morning Jo. I am so glad you enjoyed the party, you have really flexed your sobriety muscle. Thanks for letting us know you are okay, we all understand how hard events like that are. I hope the drunk people put you off even more - they do me!

Have a good day. Big hugs, we are proud of you.

Thank you Juliet. Yes muscles flexed haha!
It didn't so much put me off I just had no interest in joining in. They're not alcoholics but I am for sure. Good for them and they had fun. Just keep that poison away from me! :scared:

Dee74 03-11-2018 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6817869)
dee..define normal..i seem to have forgotten

for me it means bed before midnight PJ lol

D

Gabe1980 03-11-2018 03:04 AM

Another 24 hours for me please. 9.57am in Orkney.

Delighted to be at 2 weeks and feeling so, so much happier and more positive 💗

Congratulations NewFighter!! 3 weeks is even better 😊

Sorry I've not been posting as much but moving forward with baby steps. I have a good plan that I'm working day to day and it seems to have been helping with the build up of stress and anxiety that slowly builds over the weeks. Right now it's all about acceptance for me and learning to love myself. I'll get there!

I just want to say thank you. I love every one of you. I feel really grateful to have SR.

Have a great Sunday!!