Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 5

Old 03-05-2018, 03:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats palmersage

D
Old 03-05-2018, 04:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee for your support as always!

Hi BobDrop and Emme - so glad to see you both here and doing well. I'll probably be posting more in February 2018 now, as I have been absent here and didn't end up having a sobriety date in December, but will definitely read up on you guys Have a great week everyone!
Old 03-05-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 65 here. Hopefully the beginning of a stress free week

Strawberry-I don't know what to say. I saw your post yesterday. I'm sure it was a deeper disappointment to you. I hope you will use this as a different kind of motivation. Hope this doesn't sound bad, but you don't have to answer to anyone here, just yourself. We can help you talk things through though, and would be happy doing it. Don't give up on yourself. We won't either.

JT-It really saddened me yesterday to hear about people struggling. I know you want to be in the group that's close to your days(I did that from October to December), but you have ties to us here in December and we know where you've been. We will always welcome you here. I hope you can work through whatever is causing you issues.

Nichole-I'm praying for you and your family. Please do whatever it takes to make things better.

Palmer-Closing in on 80! Love it!

Maggie-Closing in on 90. Awesome!

Emme-Cruising through the 90's. Hope you start getting some better sleep soon!

Red-Double digits! Great job!

Canguy-What can I say? You just keep cruising and blazing a trail for the rest of us

Juno-Will be keeping up with you in Feb!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 03-05-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Strawberry justtony palmersage Maggiej Emme red canguy Juno bobdrop dee Chloerose magpie hopefully that’s everyone my mind is a little scattered but wishing everyone a good week I’m thinking of y’all at the moment hopefully everyone is happy and everything is going good because you deserve it I think I need you more then you need me but I’m here for you I want everyone to be addiction free I’m double classes as I told March you can laugh at a problem solve a problem ask for help with a problem but don’t ever drink on a problem because the problem will still be there feelings are temporary no reason to act negative on them push through and stay positive even if things aren’t the best !!! hope faith love
Take care y’all
Old 03-05-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Just wanted thoughts and opinions I guess I know it’s up to me I can do whatever I want but sometimes advice is always helpful to see it at a different view !!! Grandparents want the kids again this weekend I’m thankful they love doing things with them put most of the time I’m kid free I get myself into trouble because I have freedom to do whatever anywho back to subject I’ve been wanting to do some target shooting sometimes it’s “relaxing” to shoot guns like stress relief but after the last weekend idk if playing with guns would be smart??? But I plan on staying sober !!! But still having uneasy thinking a lot but thinking it might help with stress idk
Old 03-05-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope this is not an impertinent question but where does your husband go when the kids stay over at their grandparents, Nichole?
Old 03-05-2018, 04:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Dee
My husband got a job working 3rd shift he usually works every other weekend but he has to cover others if they have vacation so he will be working this one too!!! I do the stay at home mom/wife/farming and he helps with the farm when he can but I quit hanging with my friends at the moment it’s hard to resist drinking and free drugs when hanging out with them and I’m trying to stay away from the party seen I really want to change and they are bad off on Molly,dabs,acid,pills,drinking when I went off on my binge they gave me pain pills and I started having difficulty breathing so probably better to stay way but when my kids are gone and it’s just me and my husband everything is revolved around 4wheeling camping drinking If there isn’t drinking he won’t go
Old 03-05-2018, 09:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Just wanted thoughts and opinions I guess I know it’s up to me I can do whatever I want but sometimes advice is always helpful to see it at a different view !!! Grandparents want the kids again this weekend I’m thankful they love doing things with them put most of the time I’m kid free I get myself into trouble because I have freedom to do whatever anywho back to subject I’ve been wanting to do some target shooting sometimes it’s “relaxing” to shoot guns like stress relief but after the last weekend idk if playing with guns would be smart??? But I plan on staying sober !!! But still having uneasy thinking a lot but thinking it might help with stress idk
This is just a suggestion, cause at the end of the day, you are the owner of your own life...however, I don't think shooting guns is a very sensible idea at the moment, perhaps not until you have some lengthy sober time, just in case a relapse happens and you wanna shoot guns for fun whilst drunk - as we all know that we lose the ability to self regulate what we should and shouldn't do when drinking..
Just my 2 cents is all..
Old 03-05-2018, 10:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Nichole, I wouldn’t recommend it. Is there something else you could do that you find relaxing for right now until you get some more sober time?

Congrats on day 88 MaggieJ

I hope your week is better PalmerSage. Thankfully I can’t take naps during the week or I’d probably take one everyday. Congrats on day 77

Congrats on day 65 Bob! Wishing you a stress free week

Have a good day/evening everyone.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Some good thoughts there Nichole, Emme and Red put it better than I could.

If you're gonna have a weekend to yourself....then treat yourself. Something different, something you'd like. Something that wouldn't happen if you were using or drinking.

I can only echo the congrats to Maggie, Palmer and Bob......the days are accumulating people. Its great. We can have some interesting chats around what the change is like. I just find it calmer....more even. Yes, still start the habitual ritual of planning to drink....but somehow see it differently at this point. Many small freedoms to enjoy. Quite apart from feeling a lot better.
Only in the last week have I been told what a difference others see and experience. So there's good stuff....

Have a good day guys....
Old 03-06-2018, 04:11 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 66. I keep saying that I'm going to switch to just counting weeks, but I guess I'm not ready yet. Maybe still need to see the daily progress.

Canguy-Really glad things are going well for you. I always read your comments with great interest, picturing myself 30 days in the future. Hope mine goes as well.

Off to work. Late again
Old 03-06-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks Bob.
It'll be 100 days in half an hour. Think I'll make it, lol.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Don’t have much to say today just wanted to wish everyone an amazing day!!!! Congrats on y’all days keep it up!!
Old 03-06-2018, 10:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Take care, Nichole♡
Old 03-06-2018, 12:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks Chloerose!!! I’m trying to stay positive and keep hope things been hectic and ruff but hopefully Friday’s doctors appointment can straighten things out and back to being me and loving life!!! Depression sucks so does addiction so that’s why I’m keeping hope, faith, fingers crossed and staying sober
Old 03-06-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

bobdrop, congrats on 66 days, and canguy, woohoo on the triple digits!!! That's awesome, and I love the way you mentioned "small freedoms"...so very true.

Day 79 here. I'm still counting days because I'm superstitious!
Old 03-06-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats canguy, palmersage and Bobdrop on your milestones - and to everyone else hitting a milestone today no matter what it is

D
Old 03-06-2018, 10:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Congrats on 100 days canguy! Great job

Congrats on day 79 PalmerSage, and day 66 Bob! Good to see you all doing so well.

I hope everyone else is doing good too

Have a good day/evening everyone.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:27 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Day 12 today.. Had a fantastic day, went on a workshop called Fundamentals of effective communication, one of three classes.
Came home and my partner had bought another drum kit and my step son wants to buy another car which would take the total too 11 cars on our property (700sqm). I feel like I want to pull my hair out, I feel very stressed by this as my partner has soooo much stuff that I can't think, I constantly feel weighed down and irritated and am embarrassed to bring anyone to our house. For me this would be the perfect time to reach for a drink, my partner in bought alcohol home and offered me a drink, I said NO..
I feel happy that I didn't drink and feel totally defeated on the other hand, I don't know what to do...
Old 03-06-2018, 10:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

And congrats canguy for 100 days... you are an inspiration..