Notices

Class of March 2016 part 66

Old 02-23-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I’ve got sheet pan fajitas in the oven and the wee one and I are watching toy story while hubby and the other 2 go to Trader Joe’s.

It’s turning out to be a nice little Friday night.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Went for another hour's ride..pent up energy I s'pose. Bough t some rosemary...plants that is. I always plant a tree and rosemary when I move somewhere new.
I used to get such a home blessed by a priest...but I really have lost any interest or faith in such things...since getting fried.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
You too, Kiki!
Thanks Bobbie! It was a pretty low-key day. Kinda boring but productive. I guess boring is ok sometimes, right? Ha! I groomed our dog. That’s always a pain in the ass because she won’t hold still! Lol. It took half of the day to do it but she has her “spring cut” now. Too bad spring isn’t here yet. Can’t wait!!!
Old 02-23-2018, 09:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Went for another hour's ride..pent up energy I s'pose. Bough t some rosemary...plants that is. I always plant a tree and rosemary when I move somewhere new.
I used to get such a home blessed by a priest...but I really have lost any interest or faith in such things...since getting fried.

Rosemary plants...eh? Sounds interesting! What do you do with them? Tea? Cook?
Old 02-23-2018, 09:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Cooking, cleaning- and fragrance for drawers with 'unmentionables' (smalls, briefs, unders, down there parts covers, tradies) and socks. BUT mainly I like them. They are robust, resilient, cope with hardship and look strong. Kind of what I would like to be. Perhaps I will come back in my next life as one.

Interesting, companies play on history and emotions. The garden place sell a different sort of rosemary, different as they claim it comes from Gallipoli. The beach in WW1 where- amongst nations- Australian soldiers were cut down by machine gun fire- in their thousands..the point in history where Aust. stopped being such a monarchy loving place. Remembered every year on ANZAC day - which is why the biscuits of the same name came from- they were cooked to give Aussie soldiers.
So this patriotic, historically significant plant is for sale......at a 40% mark up in price.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good morning brothers and sisters

Happy CATurday!

I got up and did a Chakra meditation, followed by an Oracle card which was about self-forgiveness.....hit me pretty hard so I guess I needed that! I also need to go to the gym.....
Old 02-24-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I don't know what oracle cards are or how to do a chakra meditation, but that sounds pretty awesome love. Boy, and Sunflowerlife did crystals and meditation and is going to the gym.....I, on the other hand, am still exhausted from this week.

Coffee and love to everyone. ♥♥
Old 02-24-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm back and on my second cup! I will join you

I'm still new at the Chakra thing but I have a guided meditation cd; the Oracle cards are Chakra related too, so it's all about balancing out your energy and being centered, which I have been needing for quite some time! My drummer hero practices it, so that's how I was introduced
Old 02-24-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning, Motor Mouths.

Once again, I wanted to sleep in. But my stupid brain won't let me.

Today is my day off for the week. I'm gonna go trade in some books in a little bit. No other big plans for the day. TV, reading, video games, SOBRIETY.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
They are robust, resilient, cope with hardship and look strong. Kind of what I would like to be. Perhaps I will come back in my next life as one.
I would say you are definitely ALOT like rosemary! You are one of the strongest people I know! Maybe I will start calling you Rosemary! Ha!

I think I will put some rosemary in my garden this spring!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Have a great Saturday! I’m bummed. I wanted to go rollerblading today but it won’t stop raining. Boo!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Startin fluid is brewin and I think it’s going to be a Netflix on the couch day 😁
Old 02-24-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

The rosemary looks good, made it a little bit of a theme. Unfort- who ever was here b4 has paved much of what was garden..But the front of the unit is a different matter. The are about 6 units in a rough horseshoe shape front courtyard kind of thing. It is a riot of weirdness. My neighbour has the empty drink bottle- full of water picket fence, pigface everywhere...frankly it looks awful. My little patch is pretty bare...save for a few hardy native looking plants. A blank canvas...it will need some thought.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Apparently my wee one had other ideas on what Netflix day should be. It’s turned into a toy story marathon instead 😕
Old 02-24-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I am back from my nephew's b-day party....it was good to see the fam

Glad to be home....there's a little shop downtown that I'd like to check out but maybe tomorrow....dunno, I'd just end up spending more money!
Old 02-24-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Checking in. Home, in my pjs and steeping some tea. Feeling peaceful.

Love you guys.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Maaaan I hate when karma bites YOU in the butt. I was making fun of my husbands little “Austin powers” gun, as I called it, and now the freakin Austin Powers theme song is stuck in my head. That’s enough to drive anyone insane!!!!

Hubby and I are going to watch Black Mirror for a few hours then call it a night.

Good night everyone!
Old 02-24-2018, 08:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Well.....Nick and I worked our butts off and finished our house....OK....we are waiting on two gorgeous hanging wood things and a couple more plants (oops) and really, it is all done...gorgeous, finished, the queen could pop in and I would not have to tidy....

....and she would love the colours and all of the plants.

I think we shall call our style rustic urban jungle.

Tired. Happy. Love to everyone. ♥
Old 02-24-2018, 08:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's been a nice day off here. Did some junk store shopping, ate some good food, played some video games, napped, watched some television, and did not drink or even want to drink for that matter. Sweet dreams, my March friends!
Old 02-25-2018, 04:11 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Maaaan I hate when karma bites YOU in the butt. I was making fun of my husbands little “Austin powers” gun, as I called it, and now the freakin Austin Powers theme song is stuck in my head. That’s enough to drive anyone insane!!!!

Hubby and I are going to watch Black Mirror for a few hours then call it a night.

Good night everyone!
This reminds me of a story.....about the meaning of Godsmack's band name ~ Sully at first got the idea from an Alice In Chains song; then a loooong time ago they had a photo shoot & their drummer Joe (at the time, before Shannon came along) had a really big cold sore on his mouth, begging Sully to reschedule....instead Sully was relentless and ragged on him all day about it. Next day Sully woke up with the same cold sore, same size and on the same spot of his face. Tony (the guitarist) said "See? God just smacked you in the mouth for making fun of Joe yesterday"

There's your trivia for the day, folks! Happy Sunday!

(Three more days till the new song comes out!)