Notices

One Year & Over Part 58

Old 03-11-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Magsie

Night all, been watching Dancing on ice final, then Endeavour.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Itchy---yes, how true about those drinking dreams. Thank God, they are only dreams.
Good day today and hope everyone is doing ok.
Have company at the door ----gotta go
hugs
Babs
Old 03-11-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Big post in Whiner's..as I was. So much better driving, than being perpetually paranoid about every bump, noise, car,bird..everything in fact..on a bike.
Drove an old lady home..trying to do the next right thing (within reason).
Old 03-12-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Damp here.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:27 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

It’s a wet start to the week here too.

Have a good Monday
Old 03-12-2018, 03:35 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs! Have a good one.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Big posts in whiners and COM '16. I have decided to be decisive and proactive with family. Emails suggesting a meet up for coffee- with bro and separately- my oldest son to try and clear the air.. Also an Aunt and Uncle who helped me (and my dad and both bros) financially when I was actively drinking.
Also going to visit my dad's grave tomorrow. I found out he was dead after I was awoken from an induced coma. Now I have a car...
I think the 'daches and emotional pain and extreme exhaustion I get- is because of unfinished family business.
A convenient reason for why now, not before is my brain has been slow to wake up from the miasma , the shock of the trauma the burns caused. This came to light only yesterday...a long and convoluted story not necessary to share. So time to push and get up and try a little smarter- not harder.
Support to all.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

PJ support to you--
Gilmer I'm so sorry for your family's loss.
Andy thinking of you.
I bought a sofa. That is my news. It feels grand.
Have a great start o' the week.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

You have all of my prayers and support, PJ!
Old 03-12-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Hi - quick wave from me
Old 03-12-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee,
Hi backatcha Dee! :wavy

PJ,
Been to those kinds of meetings with the one upmanship types. I have kindle books on my phone for any long meeting where I find my self mentally opted out.

Mags,
Sorry you had a bad day last Saturday. It takes a month according to my research for the effects of a long term medication, or dietary change to show up in blood work and feeling more normal. Different drugs take from a week to a month to become therapeutic. On the other hand, I have five more fingers.

PJ,
I can't stand high temps without air conditioning here, but it is humid as heck. Colorado is dry and the heat and cold are not as onerous as here and my comfort range is much wider.

FBL,
Thanks! I agree that life is good!

Babs,
Hope your company was good company.

PJ,
Smarter not harder takes time brother. Smarter always takes longer. Hang in there, or it's hangover.

IP,
Your sofa sounds great!

We have a week of sunny days until next weekend so I can get my disaster of a suddenly overgrown yard cut, trimmed edged, and all the debris burned on my burn pile which is going to be a big bonfire. Wish all were close by and could drop by with marshmallows, soft drinks and hot chocolate, and sit around the fire.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

PJ - good luck with your out reach program.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:45 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Morning Andy, 2:45 am here, gonna rack so goodnight too. Daylight saving time is kicking my butt this year.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

IP, enjoy your sofa :-)

PJ, you have been growing so much in a short time! I am in awe. It sounds like you are taking charge of your life including relationships.

Itchy, I had trouble tolerating the heat and humidity in Delaware many years ago so I can’t even imagine what it’s like where you live now. Colorado sounds great!

to all!
Old 03-13-2018, 06:49 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Went to my dad's grave.
Saw my family home - in passing on way to relies.
Both caused much sadness.
I owed relies lots of $$, from years ago. I had not seen them for 6 years. After hearing my little story- I told them I intended to pay back every cent. They talked while I was in the loo and thanked me for my honesty (they had forgotten), was happy for my recovery and told me to consider the money a gift. They want to keep in touch. My mum's sister and hubby.

These people are hard working, salt of the earth..very practical. I planned it- so when I drove off...the car was pointing down their hilly drive way (have a farm type place in the beautiful hills). So no proplonged waits as I reversed up to point in the right direction. Whe I got in the car- it started beeping at me, I remarked to my Aunt and Uncle- still not used to the bells and whistles. I had left the lights on and the battery was flat and they had to jump start the car.

So much for a dignified exit.
My little old lady neighbour (Greek- from 'Kalamata, where the olives are'..has taken a shine to me. She, today gave me fruit, preserved quinces (home done) and some fresh greek biscuits she had just cooked.
I am not used to such kindness.
Good stuff.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

You deserve the kindness love.
And I am so sorry about the pain the grave and the tree and well, all of that caused yesterday.
Your aunt and uncle sound so wonderful....very glad they care about you and you have family back in your life.

Love to everyone....far too time-challenged at the moment. Working on it. ♥♥
Old 03-13-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, I’m pleased you decided to see your aunt and uncle. Sounds a lovely visit , even if there was a hiccup with your car. Your Greek neighbour is an angel! Biscuits, she’s spoiling you and it is well deserved. A Greek lady used to run the pub in our village years ago and sh3 had Greek nights. Wow, the food was amazing. Stifado, was like a pork stew with shallots. Moussaka, love it, things are looking up for you PJ

Inpar, nice about your new sofa . Pleased you’re well.

Suze, I hope time goes a bit more on your side. Take care, as someone says to me about getting better.....baby steps climb big mountains.

Itchy, yeah, they sure do funny stuff to your body, medication. Realising it is half the battle, even if you do grow extra digits.

Love to all the overs
Old 03-13-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Great series of stories PJ. You have indeed come so far since you started here on SR.

Itchy, I agree with your dislike of DST. It seems like it takes me weeks to acclimate anymore. I know that you will be glad to leave the heat and humidity, among other things, in Louisiana.

Take care all!
Old 03-13-2018, 05:28 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi Overs!

Sassy,
Lots of places that are on the coast are tolerable because of the temp moderation. We stayed out on the Strand annually while RVing. It is the San Diego peninsula with the Pacific Ocean on one side and San Diego Bay on the other. Coronado is on the north side with the tall bridge. When at Fiddlers Cove Miltary campground - https://www.bing.com/search?q=fiddle...ZI&form=MOZLBR
it never gets above 70 or below about 65°. But go inland just ten miles and the heat and humidity is intolerable without A/C! We are not near the water here. Where you are now will get some of that moderation too.

PJ,
It sounds like you are getting exactly what you deserve. People give you back what you give them.
May I suggest you do what I do with a new to me car? We never buy new, only a year to three years old. I take the owner manual inside and spend a few hours reading it cover to cover and making notes. We never buy new so sometimes, when the manual is missing, we go online and can usually find a free download of one. I have a folder just for manuals, called "Manuals" in my documents. it is full of every manual for everything I own from zero turn mowers to my electronics and chainsaws. It can save you a lot of kneecaps that you wear out kicking yourself in the posterior hemispheric divider.

Suze,
Hi! Glad you are busy and occupied living life. The only downside to sobriety is that you realize all you can now do, and then actually start doing, only to find time is a limiting factor.

Star,
Especially the other things, along with the heat and humidity.

I'm putting together the pics and descriptions of all the stuff I am selling before we move to CO. I put them on line in online yard sales and Craigslist.

I just looked up, 7:10PM!! I thought it was about 4 PM. Today was Windows Updates day and all of our machines take me a few hours to monitor even though they install automatically. I just got done and missed the first 15 minutes of "The Voice."
Old 03-13-2018, 09:14 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Big check up with my doc..all good. Big post in COM'16. My thinking is changing. Have a good one all.