Notices

One Year & Over Part 58

Old 03-09-2018, 11:17 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

My younger daughter came over today.

She and her husband had planned to come over this Sunday to announce that she was pregnant—but unfortunately she miscarried Wednesday.

She has had a couple of days to come to terms with it by now, though she is still very sad. We were sad together.

She has been well cared for by her husband and some dear friends who happened to be in the right place at the right time.

We’ll see to it that it’s a nice dinner Sunday.

I will make her favorite cake, “Radiation” cake. (It’s a box yellow cake mix with pistachio pudding, but it comes out fluorescent chartreuse, so the kids always called it Radiation Cake).

I also got sugar-free cake mix and pudding so my pseudo-Atkins peeps won’t feel like second-class citizens while the rest of us enjoy the real thing .
Old 03-09-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Gilly, my prayers to you and your daughter and her lost one. That happened to us....and I will never forget.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

(((((Gilmer))))) (((((Andy)))))

Gilmer - I am so sorry for your daughter's loss & I hope your eye heals well. "radiation cake" had me giggling GF to boot!

Andy - Fingers crossed for Mrs. T & sending you good thoughts.

PJ - Congrats on your car & getting your DL back!

I am now in my last 2 weeks of pregnancy. Thankfully all is well as I come into the home stretch. The high risk Dr. released me last week!!!! ( We had a list of possible issues that they would be able to see on the ultrasound until she was bigger - she's finally passed all her checks!)

I'm doing ok too! I've run out of room to eat, her kicks are making me nauseous frequently, and I'm now sleeping on a mountain of pillows - all typical home stretch things. Funny, the only thing that I seem to be able to eat is ice cream

Hugs to everyone!!!
Old 03-09-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

That is marvelous, SE! I am so pleased for you!

I guess anytime the baby decides to arrive will be OK at this point!

Ice cream is full of good calcium and vitamin D! Extremely nutritious for the baby!

I suggest you eat it morning, noon, and night!
Old 03-09-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Gilmer))) Prayers to you and your family.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:23 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes SE

D
Old 03-09-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

(((Hugs))) to your daughter Gilmer

((Hugs))) to your wife and all you Treerats Andy.

Enjoy the High road Peej.

Can’t wait for the new arrival SE.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:48 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs

SE, not long now, I’m pleased you can manage some ice cream!

PJ, congratulations on passing and the car. There’ll be no stopping you now!

Andy sorry to hear Mrs T in hospital, please wish her a speedy exit home.

Sassy, glad the snow didn’t cause too much problems. I hate it when the power goes off! I start thinking of inventing all sorts.

Gilmer, I just noted what you said about ice cream, vitamin D hey! My hubby is always telling me I need more vitamin d!

Have a good weekend, see you later x
Old 03-10-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Mrs is home and fit - amazing!

SE good to hear 'Dr Risk' has signed you off, did you get your closet swapped to a nursery?

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Gilmer, I am so sorry for your daughter! Miscarriages are so very emotionally trying

SE, good to hear you’re nearly there

Andy, Mrs T continues to be awesome!

Mags, how are you doing?

Hi, Babs! IMHO, drinking dreams can either be a reminder or a trigger. Looking at them as a reminder is healthy. When I occasionally have a stray drinking dream or thought, I just “think it through to the end” and by then my determination not to ever drink again is only strengthened. I am faced with a lot of people drinking on a daily basis (mostly limited quantities per person) so I can’t escape the reminders. Instead I choose to use those reminders to my benefit. I think “choose” is key.

Have a good Saturday!
Old 03-10-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Apparently my car has something call an air conditioner. 36C yesterday driving to a meeting I like, but have not been in an age- as I used to rely on a ride being offered. In a sense, the riding a bike everywhere has been useful. I am very mindful about everything around me- not just ahead and behind. Bike riding means being defensive about everything- road surface, debris on the road, other bikes, ped's, weather, wind, sun glare, oil on the road- LOOSE gravel on the road, and of course- idiot drivers.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Re-Member

PJ!
Congrats! Did you get the car too?

Andy,
I hope the Mrs gets the trial if she wants it. How are the kids doing? How are you?

Sassy dear,
I hope your power is on and you kept warm all through the Nor'Easter. We have major storms here tomorrow but they may go north of us. I need my yard to dry out as my spring cleaning is piling up wit the leaves that are just now falling from a cold spell of 40F nights and 56F 13.33C days.

Babs,
We all had the drinking dreams in the first year or three, they ease up. I haven't had one in years. MY problem with drinking dreams ewas that they were nightmares. I would wake up in a sweat thinking I blew it and drank! The relief was palpable once I was fully awake and realized it was just a dream. Keep hanging in there Babs. It's hang on there, or hangover!

IP,
Hey

Star,
Haven't seen you for awhile. Howaya?

PJ,
Just got the answer to my previous question Good on ya! A car too!

Andy you answered my question too. Sorry your wife had a bug take advantage of here reduced immune system from the chemo. Hang tough guy, you can catch up on sleep, please do!

Gill,
I second that about PJ's license.
I'm sorry about your kiddo losing her baby. A good dinner and mom is a good start.

SE,
I am glad your concerns are all but over! Yeah those last few weeks are hell on us, and our wives! Remeber, just like O neg is the universal donor blood that any recipient can take, Ice Cream is the universal nutrient for pregnant ladies and tonsillectomies.

Toots,
How is your new place in Spain coming along?

Mags,
You sound in your posts much better! Hope you are.

Andy,
So glad Mrs T is doing well again!

Sassy well said. We choose not to drink.

PJ,
Idiots breed like rabbits it seems, they're everywhere. I rode motorcycles Sports bikes and full size Motoguzzi's, Harley's, Gold and Silver Wings, and Vespas to Honda Helix scooters. Same as on bicycles and I was a great driver having never had an accident as a driver so never at fault for the few folks that hit my cars in icy snow covered roads when they were parked on the road.

We are looking forward to our fifth grand child in June. MY spousal unit is flying up for a month or two to help them with the newborn girl and the terrible twos grandson. Almost two and learning to say no! I am tending the home fires and boxing my tools and yard stuff we are taking. Then we are moving in with the kids to keep helping and not have to pay for storage of our furniture and pay rent, and we can help with the kids. Still deciding which car/s and /or truck we are bringing. Just got the Scamp 19' 5th wheel buffed out to sell. And will use the nicer weather to sell and manicure the property's "curb appeal."

The kids are both nurses and are terrific parents who already gave us our first grandson to carry on the name. They are having a girl in June (they peeked.) Talk about lucky!
Old 03-10-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Administrator

Itch

D
Old 03-10-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Good stuff Itch.
Went to another meeting in car (aka 'bloke'). Sunday morn..so small attendance. All sorts...from a very damaged and morbidly overweight young lady with huge esteem problems.. to the the guy who is , in his own words- almost perfect in every way. He cooks better than professional chefs, landscapes perfectly, He has made the most money, catches the best trophy fish and is a better tradesman at ALL trades than anyone. I spent my time counting bricks on the far wall.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:47 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations itchy

PJ, you’ll love air conditioning in your car, it’s heaven in the hot weather.

Andy, I’m pleased Mrs Terrific is home.

Babs, I’ve had the dreams too, and similar to itchy, woke up thinking I’d drank, it felt so real. I can’t remember the last one though, they do become a thing of the past.

I’m doing ok. Good days and bad days. Yesterday was a bad day, I’ve just come of steroids so I’m guessing it upsets my equilibrium somewhat. I see the works doc on Wednesday and hopefully with a plan to going back to work. I’ve only been at work for a day and a bit this year!

Happy mother’s Day to all celebrating today
Old 03-10-2018, 11:06 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Interesting about the a/c. Yesterday I used it....the hottest part of the day is 1500. S I used it.. Today..it was 32C and my fried bod coped well without it. I work on 35 being the cut off point. Last week, on my deadly treadly (aka 'the beast') I was caught in 36C heat...and rode 40 minutes in it. It took all of the next day to revive.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:01 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, we don’t get much sun in U.K. but I remember an old saying, or song, Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun. It’s usually at its hottest then.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats, Grandpa Itch!

Just doing a bit of reflecting this morning on just how far I've come from those dark days of daily drinking. I literally found myself crying. Tears of joy.

Just about time for my Sunday morning nature walk. Life is good.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 03-11-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!
Old 03-11-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

It feels so good to be in a good place, FBL!