One Year & Over Part 58 - Page 11 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomer's Daily Support Threads
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Today, 02:30 PM   #201 (permalink)
Re-Member

I'd try to tie it so it won't fall on the way to the mechanic's and cause more or unrelated damage.

"If you see a worthy person, endeavor to emulate him. If you see an unworthy person, then examine your inner self." --Confucius
Itchy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itchy For This Useful Post:
PhoenixJ (Today), stargazer016 (Today)
Old Today, 02:43 PM   #202 (permalink)
Re-Member

If you pay too much for Internet or only have it on your cell phone, or are in America in rural areas with no broadband or Geostationary Internet like Hughesnet or Echostar or some such. Space X is doing them in Low Earth Orbit, and having them orbit so fast that they will hand off to each other just like cell phones hand off to the next tower without us noticing when traveling.

When the entire constellation is launched there will be no dead spots except in building or underground just like Sirius radio. For homes we just put the same tiny antenna on the roof edge that we use on cars for Sirius radio now on cars. Internet in cars and entertainment streaming will be easy in cars, boats, RVs, apartments, schools etc. will be as easy.

This will bring the Internet to the poor around the world and give them a chance in the broader economic benefits to be had in today's connected societies.

Nothing for sale here just the articles online telling about what Elon Musk's privately held Space X is starting to test with their launch tomorrow.

Hate your cable or Internet provider? They've got competition now! Everywhere! (well, in a few years anyway.

I love Tech.

Read here: https://www.cnet.com/news/spacex-fal...sunday-launch/

And here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/e...day/ar-BBJ90ei

Wow!

"If you see a worthy person, endeavor to emulate him. If you see an unworthy person, then examine your inner self." --Confucius
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itchy For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (Today), PhoenixJ (Today), stargazer016 (Today)
Old Today, 03:00 PM   #203 (permalink)
Re-Member

One more thing "The Overs" might be able to use. To post a picture here you can easily do it by opening your picture folders on your computer while online, then go here: http://photoposting.is-great.net/ and then open your folder with the picture you want to post here or anywhere online, drag it to the square and drop it. Then copy the whole address that appears below it, and paste it where you want it online.

Here is a recent photo just before my back surgery by a couple of years of me and my spousal unit. We are at the top of the expert ski run at Steamboat Springs Colorado. THe ski gear makes us look a lot bigger than we are. She is slim and I have love handles out of our ski suits. I checked off the square on the website to make it clickable for full size. You'll see that if you go to the picture host link. It's free.

Click For Full-Size Image.
Enjoy!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itchy For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 03:52 PM   #204 (permalink)

Fly-by from me!
feeling-good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feeling-good For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 04:10 PM   #205 (permalink)

Itch- you look nothing like your avatar.
Settling into my new digs. The last 2.5 years, for me have been filled with intense emotions- surrounded by (in recovery program that I officially finished 12 days ago after 20 months) some quite damaged people, most of whom leave- or relapse and get the boot. I am now back in normal land. No heated arguments on a city laneway feet from my door, no fights or threats or anything.
It is quite surreal in some ways. My next agenda item is to work out exactly what it is I am going to do with myself. My goals until now- around burns healing, housing, etc- are now met. I will not just grow a garden, potter and wait until I die (in a long time in the future). So- I am giving myself until the end of March to get my house in order, and settle in- not stopping the stuff I already do- around meetings, art etc. Then I need to start making some plans. Fate and osmosis is not quite enough. I think.
PhoenixJ is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixJ For This Useful Post:
stargazer016 (Today)