It's a great feeling isn't it ?
Have a fab day
xxx
You too ShenzyT
Old 02-02-2018, 02:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Good morning everyone from Scotland.
7.50am and I'm signing up for another 24 sober hours.
Glad it's Friday - but Friday eve was always "wine night" (along with ever other night ..... but it was acceptable on a Friday.....). Staying strong though.....I'm not drinking this eve.
Big hugs everyone.
xx
Stay close ShenzyT and have a plan. Bath night is always good with lots of pamper products. Before you know it the wine witching hour has passed and its onward to a great Saturday with a clear head and a big smile on your face.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Kenton- recently I watched an interview with a child advocate organisation that was emphasising to parents to allow their kids to make safe mistakes. It is how we learn and develop resilience. Happens to all of us.

Well folks, I was disappointed today- the management of the new unit I move to in 4 sleeps, yesterday engaged in a 5 minute vhat with me on the phone, yes I can have dog. What sort? Paperwork they have for me to fill out.
So today they call back and say the staff member got it wrong. No pets. I had already shosed an adopt a dog (healer). I will not suicide and am going to appeal- as my neighbour has a eog which is seen as different b-cause been there a long time.

BUT- then on tele, there is a doco 'Human Planet' . It was about people who live in high altitudes- such as the Himilayas. An old lady (nearly 70) in poverty, no shoes- threadbare clothes went blind because of the effects of high UV sunlight. She was shown finding her way down a mountain path- with rocks, steep angles and long way to fall altitudes.
She went taken to a small town (piggy backed on grandson0 for a simple corneal removal and artificial lens implants. 30 minute local anaesthetic op. 24 hours later- sitting on the ground with hundreds of other patients she waited for the surgeon to remove her bandages. She got her sight back. She said she felt as if her soul 'was full of light'. I got a little teary and learnt a little humility.
My gran has a saying on the wall of her flat..'I used to complain I had not shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.'
Old 02-02-2018, 02:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning sober friends- one day shy of 8 months over here and the gratitude I feel is bubbling over. Things are going great- I've been sugar free for I think 2 weeks now, my mood is stable and my life is coming together in ways I never imagined.

Congrats to those celebrating and again, I am so happy to be hear with all of you.
Here's to 24 more hours of freedom from the chains of addiction.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:20 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Life is now back to normal (haha normal?). Friday is my day off and I have no pressure to do or not do anything. Sounds great huh? The weird thing is that it's days like this that get me anxious more than days of deadlines and silly workloads. Why? Because I am the one who decides what I do and achieve and my track record is poor. I am the maestro at avoidance and sitting at my laptop whiling away days on end. This is a big area I need to address. A plan. Yes I need a plan for the day otherwise procrastination will take over and I'll achieve a big fat zero.
The fact is I am no longer an invalid. I have reasonably good health and energy levels, my sleep is pretty good. So JoJo what are you going to achieve today? Okay first job coffee (large of course!) and something to eat, clean my bathrooms and go for a swim. There! I've come clean here and as you know I never lie to my 24ers!
Kenton. Your post today put me right back to something I'm ashamed of today. Not your fault of course it's just one of those things. About 2 years ago my little Melly wanted to do the talent show. Hula hooping I think. I was drinking back then of course and the inconvenience of having to go to the show instead of my beloved wine coupled with my fear she would look silly drove me to ring the school and tell them she couldn't make it after all as she was going to her dads that night. Just awful. I could tell dozens of equally awful stories about my so-called parenting when I was drinking. No sodding wonder she was wetting the bed and having tantrums. Oh my poor babies I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for it all. I mean getting into a relationship with a fellow alkie after my marriage? With a woman? Then she binge drinks herself to death? And I keep drinking for another 4 year after that?
The difficulty is the only way I can keep going on this journey is to blank it all out. Keep looking forward. But what about them? What have I done to them? Is my best now good enough?
I just don't know and my fear even now of anyone in authority means I can't even think about therapy or anything like that it'd be like opening the Pandora's box of all Pandora's boxes and I'm terrified I'd drink again.
I mean they seem genuinely happy now.
I keep going gang that's all I've got. Sorry for the novel my mind went on a journey just then.....
24 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-02-2018, 02:25 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I would welcome another 24 more clean and sober hours please. Thank you all for being here!Congratulations to everyone who is celebrating a milestone today and have a great day!
Old 02-02-2018, 02:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to our milestoners

jsm273 ~ yesterday, sorry ~ 1 week! ♥
Canadian Koala ~ 1 year & 2 months! ♥
kenton ~ 1 year & 3 months! ♥
vanaprastha ~ 2 years & 6 months!! ♥

I hope you get through the red tape J

Congrats on your milestone SFL

Just focus on today I reckon Jo - hope you have a good day

D
Old 02-02-2018, 02:27 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

In for 24 more.
Congrats milestoners!
Old 02-02-2018, 02:33 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I see you right behind me there kenton and I hope you stay there forever!
Old 02-02-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

24 for Red please. Just a half day today and off Monday. Need some rest. No plans.

JoJo you’re doing great. I have a lot of regrets too. So hard to stay in the present as we want to fix the past. We can give them a great present and future if we do, though. I am sure Melly is delighted with how you are today. Sending love and hugs.

More coffee and off to my little office here, then the big office for just a bit then done!

Love

Red
Old 02-02-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

This one if for you Kenton, I hope it will relax you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5frj2No_nc

I cross my fingers for your son tonight!
Old 02-02-2018, 03:10 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Another 24
Old 02-02-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Good morning all, it's 6:11am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Good morning sober friends- one day shy of 8 months over here and the gratitude I feel is bubbling over. Things are going great- I've been sugar free for I think 2 weeks now, my mood is stable and my life is coming together in ways I never imagined.
That AWESOME Sunflowerlife, my personal trainer also has me on a very specific diet that cuts out refined sugar and processed foods. It's amazing how much this has affected my mood and energy levels - no fatigue, stable mood, etc.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

11:21am...24 more please...Love to All
Old 02-02-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning All - 24 more sober hours for me please. I will not drink!!!

Congratulations to all the milestoners and wishes for a happy, strong sober day for all.

7:00 am
EST
Old 02-02-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I watched a documentary about prisoners on death row last night. This one guy, mid 40's, had been in prison since he was 15.

"Ronald L Sanford’s was given a 170-year sentence at the age of 15 for a horrific double murder he committed when he was 13."

When he was interviewed he said that on the night in question his mum had gone out of town with her new boyfriend and he was left at home on his own. His mother was a violent alcoholic who was violent in her parenting. He said in many respects he was trained to kill, was training for murder. He said it was an easy transition to become violent and kill the two women (83 & 87). His mother would say to him "Do what I say, not what I do". He doesnt blame his mother or her absence. His mother has always visited him in prison and now she is a recovering alcoholic. When questioned about the statement he made "He feels he was trained to kill" she said she had never heard that before.

I have many regrets about the nights i got drunk when my kids where younger. When I prioritized a bottle over them but I know I was never violent towards them . I cannot turn the clock back but I can look forward and I can be sober today. I can answer their text messages with clarity. I can be authentic. I am a good mother and with each day that I am sober I become an even better mother and person.

Namaste.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
Stay close ShenzyT and have a plan. Bath night is always good with lots of pamper products. Before you know it the wine witching hour has passed and its onward to a great Saturday with a clear head and a big smile on your face.
Thank you
Got a busy evening planned, so hoping that wine o'clock will come and go while I'm busy.
Got to be up early tomorrow morning also as daughter has dancing (I normally crawl in, looking like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards, not tomorrow though, going to drop my daughter off and get some shopping done).....
xxx
Old 02-02-2018, 04:31 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

It's 7:30 here in the US, and I'm in for another 24 hours. I'm on day 46 of a lifelong journey, looking forward to a weekend of relaxation and reading.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:31 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good morning! 6:35am Count me in for another 24 hours please!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:46 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

24 hours sober please.