Haven't done one of these in a while.
For those working the 12 steps, you can add it to your Step 1:

560 €
490 £
700 $USD
860 $CAD
860 $AUD
4,400 ¥CNY
145 Galleons 9 Sickles 4 Knuts (please come back Chickchick)
Old 01-26-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi all, I just noticed this SR article about vitamin deficiencies resulting from alcohol: https://www.soberrecovery.com/addict...ign=CO_471511/
Old 01-26-2018, 09:55 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Welcome mandy pandyou ☺

So sorry to hear of your loss she'll. My thoughts and prepare with you and your friends family

What plans does every have for this evening. 6pm here in the UK. Kids playing board games. I'm lying on sofa watching French drama drinking sparkling water. Feels later somehow 😆
Old 01-26-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Welsh member.

Where are my manners!
You are very welcome Nicci. Great to have you join us on the journey.
This goes for anyone else I may have missed.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:17 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Welsh member.

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Welcome mandy pandyou

So sorry to hear of your loss she'll. My thoughts and prepare with you and your friends family

What plans does every have for this evening. 6pm here in the UK. Kids playing board games. I'm lying on sofa watching French drama drinking sparkling water. Feels later somehow 😆
Butter fingers!

Or has Lovehoops' autocorrect virus infected you as well?
Old 01-26-2018, 12:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. it’s the weekend here in NZ. I woke up with a headache and before fully awake my first thought was ‘why did I drink last night?’ before waking up properly and realising I didn’t. Now I am up and about the headache has already gone. I SO don’t miss that morning feeling of shame and regret.

Day 11
Old 01-26-2018, 12:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 15.

I'm having a horrible day. My friend is dead. My family is making me feel like a terrible person (I posted about feeling sorry for myself over it on the main page). My husband is being a world class jerk. I have a dinner thing tonight and it's already irritating me (with people posting stupid messages today).

I've been crying since I woke up.

Oh well. . . at least I'm not going to drink today
Old 01-26-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by milly4me View Post
Day 15.

I'm having a horrible day. My friend is dead. My family is making me feel like a terrible person (I posted about feeling sorry for myself over it on the main page). My husband is being a world class jerk. I have a dinner thing tonight and it's already irritating me (with people posting stupid messages today).

I've been crying since I woke up.

Oh well. . . at least I'm not going to drink today

Hi milly......it’s a terrible situation but it will pass. Don’t let the AV talk you into drinking it will only make things worse.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:53 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

thanks ubntubnt . . . I knw you are right
Old 01-26-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi Milly, I read your thread on the main page. I'm sorry your family sucks right now. I can definitely relate to being the responsible one that helps more than anyone else, and then gets "advice" from siblings about what to do, while everyone takes you for granted. Classic recipe for my biggest drinking trigger: Resentment.

You're so right that drinking will only make everything worse. Taking it a step further, since these resentments will come up and you will have to keep dealing with them, what are some new coping strategies you can use? Here are a couple of things I've done recently:

Journaling, by typing up a document with my true, super angry, mean and resentful feelings, and then deleting it when it seems like I've gotten to the root of what I'm really upset about.

Reading something non-recovery related. I'm on my second true-crime book, which is not a genre I've embraced in the past, but nothing gets your mind off drinking like murder cases.

Soaking in a hot tub with Epsom salts, and lying on a heating pad. Anything to disconnect that reaction to anger and resentment.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm telling you what to do, just some things to think about. We're here for you.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Milly I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad day. Def agree with Palmer on the resentments. But getting angry and annoyed is only hurting you no one else. When I feel like that I try to take a step back breathe relax etc. We can't control what others do or say to us or give us gifts etc or what their motives are. But we can control how we react to it and deal with it. It's in your power to not let this overwhelm you or annoy you.

If you don't want to go to the dinner then don't go. Learning to put myself first isn't selfish but a necessary self preserving tool especially in early sobriety. I hope things improve for you.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Happy sober Saturday scotty 😀

Welcome nicci ☺
Old 01-26-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I decided that I would like to join this class although it is almost Feb. Hope that this is still okay? I have been reading a lot on SR before. It has been very valuable and helping me to see things different or gave me new insights. However this is not my first time to stop, not my second, not my third....I really don't know the number to be honest. I am about to have my first weekend now in this round. Last weekend was my last binge drink and it was quite horrible one. Sunday and monday very terrible anxiety, on Sunday tried to manage it by drinking only small bits of vodka. Monday no alcohol anymore, and felt of course horrible, anxious, sad etc. The days after, the extreme anxiety went away, felt sometimes great to euphoric, or sad and tired, total mix of everything in between...and some other more physical stuff, trouble sleeping, rotten stomach, headache etc.
I know how this early sobriety period works for me, have stopped periods of some weeks before. But AV has slowly started talking again the last days and that frightens me. Every relapse the binges are more intense, more continuous and on stronger/more drinks. My husband knows about my problem, but does not know the severity of it. I was hiding a lot... also last weekend.
I know I have to do something different this time. I am so very scared that if I drink again it will cross a line and I might not be able to return to to the life I can have right now. I feel alone in this journey, partly because of all the secracy that I created. But also because if you don't know what it is like, then....you don't know what it is like..... Luckily for the people who don't know what it is like of course. That is why I would like to join you, Share my experience and maybe others will eventually also decide to join. Because I hope and believe that joining this and acknowldging that I cannot drink will help to stay sober.
I hope you all have a good sober weekend.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for your pain Milly and shell.

Welcome to the thread Mandy & CarpeDiemX

D
Old 01-26-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. You do great things here. Beautiful to see while reading here before and finally I can say thanks now 😊
Old 01-26-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Welcome CarpeDiem!!!
Old 01-26-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Welcome, CarpeDiemX! I can really relate to your post. You’re among friends.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarpeDiemX View Post
I feel alone in this journey, partly because of all the secracy that I created. .
Hey Carpe Diem! I relate to this so very much and have for a lot of the last few years of my drinking. I'm now officially on day 6 (woo!) so way early, but I can say this whole SR community has helped me not feel alone. It's been amazing! I think of the posts that I read and just the knowledge that others are out there, just like me, pushing through each hour to stay healthy. I hope you find that here as I have.

I also wondered if I'm too late to join the January class. Or do I need more time first? Still figuring all this out but staying committed one hour at a time!
Old 01-26-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dizzybee View Post
Hey Carpe Diem! I relate to this so very much and have for a lot of the last few years of my drinking. I'm now officially on day 6 (woo!) so way early, but I can say this whole SR community has helped me not feel alone. It's been amazing! I think of the posts that I read and just the knowledge that others are out there, just like me, pushing through each hour to stay healthy. I hope you find that here as I have.

I also wondered if I'm too late to join the January class. Or do I need more time first? Still figuring all this out but staying committed one hour at a time!
Welcome!! It’s never too late to join. Congratulations on day 6
Old 01-26-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

hi CarpeDiem, your post is almost identical to mine and I also know I have reached a point with my addiction that I am on the verge of killing myself or losing myself or something else terrible if I continue. Lets join forces within SR and beat this one and for all.